View Poll Results: How would you prefer the events of Episode 5 be dealt with?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • The genocide stands.

37 42.53%
  • The genocide is completely undone with time travel.

7 8.05%
  • The genocide stands, but some character deaths are prevented with time travel.

43 49.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Partial revert. Genosha still needs to fall, but some casualties need to be prevented so it feels like a "win".

The X-Men will have plenty more genocides to deal with in the future if the current pace keeps up anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    spoilers:

I think that Cable fail again in ep 8 where most cast die to show that this event can't be changed and must evolve. In ep 9 Xavier will return from Space with Shiar technology and will use Morph to start ressurection protocols and ressurect X-Men for final battle in ep 10.

After final battle Remy will remember Kurt`s words and ask Rogue to marry him. They will make a fast wedding and Nightcrawler will held the ceremony and it will give us a happy ending after dark times.

It will keep Genocide and trauma, keep Gambit`s sacrifice and will finally give a happy mutant nation that didn`t happen in ep 5.

HOX happened in 2019 and DeMayo pitched his story in 2020. It may really happen.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'd opt for a fourth option. The genocide stands, but Gambit and Magneto can be resurrected by Seasons 3 or 4 (X-Men 2000? X-Men Y2K?) when they should adapt the Krakoa era.

Until then, let new folks get their chance on the roster. You can also bring in Onslaught as a villain in Season 2 to scratch the Erik itch.
    This is pretty much how I feel about it. These are both solid ideas that don't tarnish the impact and importance of what happened.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Let it stand. It's meant to be powerful and impactful so I don't think it'll be undone by time travel.

That said, it's still the X-Men. I can see the season ending with some Apocalypse cliffhanger where they strongly hint that Gambit is his horseman Death.(and maybe the other horsemen are Banshee, Dazzler and Leech)

I want a full revert BUT! with a twist!

Every major character has to remember anything that happen kinda Sins of Sinny but without Sinny in it.

So Mags say NOPE instead of yes to start. and etc.

The destruction of Genosha is vital IMO

I hope they dont magically bring it back.

But I hope the time travel does bring back certain characters but also introduces Polaris and Emma Frost's Genosha trauma even if they are just on screen for like 15 seconds it would be enough just to see Polaris' horror at whats happening and Emma Frost's secondary mutation kicking in.

Astonishing Member

Partial reset. They are to save some people (yes, gambit! and including some background randoms) but it’s still a tragedy.

Bring. Gambit. Back.

I like the idea of a partial reset, like Cable time travels and is able to warn against the attack, so the X-Men and other mutants are prepared for war. Genosha is mostly destroyed, some casualties and heroics happen and (selfishly) my fave characters survive.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I'd opt for a fourth option. The genocide stands, but Gambit and Magneto can be resurrected by Seasons 3 or 4 (X-Men 2000? X-Men Y2K?) when they should adapt the Krakoa era.

Until then, let new folks get their chance on the roster. You can also bring in Onslaught as a villain in Season 2 to scratch the Erik itch.

i can see colossus/magik/nightcrawler attending gambit funeral (most likely one in the casket from trailer) and sticking around until seasons end
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I think it is more powerful to let it stand. Let the deaths be felt and then bring him or anyone else back via an episode on mutant circuits and resurrections in Season 2.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

3 feels ideal to me. Cable saves a couple of people like Maddy and maybe Banshee or Moira while Remy's sacrifice stands and he probably gets brought back by Apocalypse as a Horseman.

BANNED

I really hope they don't do Krakoa any time soon. It would feel really awkward on the heels of this story and I always felt like it was a lot of high concept stuff that doesn't really make much sense if you think about it in any depth. I also found the resurrection protocols to be silly and poorly explained. Would they really do another mutant island nation already?

And with all the stuff Beau said about what this episode means and how it's going to change the show going forward, it doesn't sound like they plan on giving any magical fix via time travel or Krakoa.

Yeah, I'd rather it stand. Undoing it would be a huge narrative cop-out. It would undermine the whole thing.

I don't at all think Magneto is dead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I really hope they don't do Krakoa any time soon. It would feel really awkward on the heels of this story and I always felt like it was a lot of high concept stuff that doesn't really make much sense if you think about it in any depth. I also found the resurrection protocols to be silly and poorly explained. Would they really do another mutant island nation already?

And with all the stuff Beau said about what this episode means and how it's going to change the show going forward, it doesn't sound like they plan on giving any magical fix via time travel or Krakoa.

Yeah, I'd rather it stand. Undoing it would be a huge narrative cop-out. It would undermine the whole thing.

Maybe Krakoa after two more seasons. The gap between Genosha and Utopia in comics wasn't all that long, all things considered. Utopia and Krakoa had the same gap. Also Xavier and the X-Men never resided on Genosha so it wouldn't feel as redundant. The other things you said about Krakoa seem very subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    He's definitely not, promos have him going back to his classic suit.

I am with the majority of people. I think the genocide itself should stand, but I don’t want Gambit and Banshee being gone for the rest of the series. Gambit is one of the most dynamic fighters with this new animation (as this episode showed) and I would really love to see him do more. And Banshee, I was bummed he didn’t get to use his power once before getting blasted. So those are the two I would hope can somehow return later on as the series progresses.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

For me the worst would be option 3.
    That would be the same crap as in the comics: letting minor characters be dead, but undoing bad things happening to big names like Gambit.

Either bring back everybody, or bring back nobody.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way