Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Really loved this issue, especially Marv's part with Redondo doing the art. It was a bit overly complimentary of Dick, not gonna lie, but since it was an "anniversary" issue, I'll overlook it.
    It was funny to see Yuji from JJK as a civilian of Bludhaven.

First backup by Conrad that I enjoyed, made me eat my words since I started complaining about him in this thread. Porter's art though was kinda rough.
    I think Deku from my hero was there too

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Another really great issue. I teared up a quite bit over the "Marv and George" epilogue. That was beauty-full. This issue was an all-around High. I'm dreading just how Taylor will bring it/him down Low.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-16-2024 at 11:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Heartless is still a boring, empty villain but I'll admit the build up here was decent. The small family scenes were definitely the big draw for me though.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. Another really great issue. I teared up a quite bit over the "Marv and George" epilogue. That was beauty-full. This issue was an all-around High. I'm dreading just how Taylor will bring it/him down Low.
    Yeah, this issue was fantastic. Really bummed that this run is coming to an end.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Heartless is still a boring, empty villain but I'll admit the build up here was decent. The small family scenes were definitely the big draw for me though.
    Heartless at least has this final arc to try and come off actually memorable .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Is this the issue everyone was frothing at the mouth about last week? I avoid spoilers so didn't read any of the chatter (as much as Reddit tried to force me to), but if so... uh... why...? It was another fine issue with nothing egregious I could see.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Is this the issue everyone was frothing at the mouth about last week? I avoid spoilers so didn't read any of the chatter (as much as Reddit tried to force me to), but if so... uh... why...? It was another fine issue with nothing egregious I could see.
    People were frothing at the mouth? What were they saying?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-22-2024 at 05:16 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

People were frothing at the mouth? What were they saying?
    I skipped over the actual articles but the nutjobs were burning pics of Tom Taylor.

I thought it was this issue and was expecting something really bad to happen.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I don't think it was any specific issue related, just psychos acting like psychos.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I skipped over the actual articles but the nutjobs were burning pics of Tom Taylor.

I thought it was this issue and was expecting something really bad to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think it was any specific issue related, just psychos acting like psychos.
    Oh yeah, I saw that garbage but as HsssH said it wasn't related to any one issue but rather a general "people are idiots" kind of issue.

Oh yeah, I saw that garbage but as HsssH said it wasn't related to any one issue but rather a general "people are idiots" kind of issue.
    The real question is why do these people walk around with Tom Taylor in the first place lol

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The real question is why do these people walk around with Tom Taylor in the first place lol
    So why does he dress like that then?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So why does he dress like that then?
    My bad. I meant why do they walk around with pictures of Tom. Creepy