Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Melrose Place Reboot

A Melrose Place Reboot is in the works with Heather Locklear can this really work? Seems like something that needs to stay in the 90s

https://screenrant.com/melrose-place...ast-confirmed/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A Melrose Place Reboot is in the works with Heather Locklear can this really work? Seems like something that needs to stay in the 90s

I agree. I don't want to be ageist or anything (I'm no spring chicken) but she seems kinda old to get into cat fights. I used to watch it in the earlier seasons. And that besides, I usually don't like reboots.

Well, they did it with 90210...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they did it with 90210...
    And with Melrose Place already...

Given who is involved, I'm guessing they won't ignore the short-lived (18 eps) revival from 2009 without lifting entire story threads that people may not remember per se. They'll have to deal with Sydney's resurrection, again, though.

Also...I'd be surprised if Thomas Calabro isn't involved later on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

I doubt it. Melrose Place worked because it was the first truly over-the-top soap opera -- even crazier than Dynasty's final years. I think most people soured on that kind of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I doubt it. Melrose Place worked because it was the first truly over-the-top soap opera -- even crazier than Dynasty's final years. I think most people soured on that kind of storytelling.
    What? 1st over the top soap opera JR Ewing toppled a South Asian government and had mercenaries attack a middle eastern country's oil wells. They also made an entry season into a dream.

Now as for this reboot it was already tried, and this one seems like it's been way too long after the original to go back to the well.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I agree. I don't want to be ageist or anything (I'm no spring chicken) but she seems kinda old to get into cat fights. I used to watch it in the earlier seasons. And that besides, I usually don't like reboots.
    The catfights on Dynasty were tough at times and those actresses were not in their 30s.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What? 1st over the top soap opera JR Ewing toppled a South Asian government and had mercenaries attack a middle eastern country's oil wells. They also made an entry season into a dream.
    All primetime and daytime shows had over-the-top plots form time to time. Beginning with, I think, season 2, Melrose Place was always over the top.

So just forgetting the fact that they had a CW revival a few years ago, all the interesting Melrosians not named Amanda Woodward and Michael are dead.

How the hell are they going to write people back in like Sydney and Kimberly?! But again like you guys said it is an over the top soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    So just forgetting the fact that they had a CW revival a few years ago, all the interesting Melrosians not named Amanda Woodward and Michael are dead.
    Sydney Kimberly Brooke and Matt? Unless I'm forgetting someone that's a small number of dead folks for a cast so large, counting people who appeared in the opening that is. Everyone else is alive, but whether they're interesting is a matter of taste I guess. The only death I can see them undoing is Sydney's, but you never know.

I feel like most of the actors from the original were waiting to see if the 2009 reboot would be a hit before agreeing to be on the show...which is probably why we only got Jo and Jane besides Michael and Amanda. Just a theory, but if so, same thing might happen here. I'd love an update on the all the principle characters like Billy, Allison, and Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Sydney Kimberly Brooke and Matt? Unless I'm forgetting someone that's a small number of dead folks for a cast so large, counting people who appeared in the opening that is. Everyone else is alive, but whether they're interesting is a matter of taste I guess. The only death I can see them undoing is Sydney's, but you never know.

I feel like most of the actors from the original were waiting to see if the 2009 reboot would be a hit before agreeing to be on the show...which is probably why we only got Jo and Jane besides Michael and Amanda. Just a theory, but if so, same thing might happen here. I'd love an update on the all the principle characters like Billy, Allison, and Jake.
    You're right. For some reason I felt like everyone was killed off, but a lot of them were just written off once said actor bounced. But yeah seeing Billy, Allison and Jake could be cool.

I'd definitely cast someone to be a grown-up Austin, Jo's son and let them interact. Maybe even Amanda and Peter had a daughter who could be the new vixen.

You're right. For some reason I felt like everyone was killed off, but a lot of them were just written off once said actor bounced. But yeah seeing Billy, Allison and Jake could be cool.

I'd definitely cast someone to be a grown-up Austin, Jo's son and let them interact. Maybe even Amanda and Peter had a daughter who could be the new vixen.
    I kept waiting for them to pull that trigger in the 2009 reboot, but alas. I for sure thought that photographer guy was Jo's son. Guess that age wouldn't have matched up anyway but it would here.

Like I said it would depend on if they ignore the 2009 reboot, and if they don't how much will they reference. Ashlee Simpson was excellent casting as Sydney's long lost daughter, she looked and acted like a young Sydney. And I thought they were going to reveal somehow Ella was Amanda's daughter somehow. Can't be a coincidence they cast someone, Katie Cassidy, who looked just like a younger Amanda. Michael having basically Jake Jr was weird, but I guess a Michael Jr wouldn't work in today's climate...

But if its all out the window/handwaved away, yeah they'll have to be on their casting-game here. Amanda and Peter's daughter could work.

Astonishing Member

How the hell are they going to write people back in like Sydney and Kimberly?! But again like you guys said it is an over the top soap.
    They should have given the reboot show(c.2009) more seasons.I found it interesting, was surprised it was canned after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    They should have given the reboot show(c.2009) more seasons.I found it interesting, was surprised it was canned after one season.
    It definitely held my interest and IMO was better than what the 90210 reboot had become. Once the 90210 original cast members stopped showed up I was kinda watching out of habit not cause I was enjoying it.

In the Melrose Place reboot though, they managed to craft new characters a bit better to the point the original characters were great to see but not required to enjoy the show. Yes seeing Amanda and Sydney were great, but so were their younger analogs. Plus I wanted to see where the Ella vs Amanda war was going.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It definitely held my interest and IMO was better than what the 90210 reboot had become. Once the 90210 original cast members stopped showed up I was kinda watching out of habit not cause I was enjoying it.

In the Melrose Place reboot though, they managed to craft new characters a bit better to the point the original characters were great to see but not required to enjoy the show. Yes seeing Amanda and Sydney were great, but so were their younger analogs. Plus I wanted to see where the Ella vs Amanda war was going.
    Agree with you, imo it was better than the 90210 reboot. I don't get why 90210 got more seasons beyond the debut while MP did not.