Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A Melrose Place Reboot is in the works with Heather Locklear can this really work? Seems like something that needs to stay in the 90s

https://screenrant.com/melrose-place...ast-confirmed/
    bring back forgotten characters. Like Rhonda.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The catfights on Dynasty were tough at times and those actresses were not in their 30s.
    Ah, true. I never watched the show but I saw the infamous catfight between, whatever there names were (Joan Colins and...?) channel surfing and they looked like they were in their 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ah, true. I never watched the show but I saw the infamous catfight between, whatever there names were (Joan Colins and...?) channel surfing and they looked like they were in their 50's.
    Linda Evans, primarily.

Dynasty is funny. I was always an Alexis fan and loved how she would break folks down with her words but whenever she and Krystle had their catfights I’d be like “BEAT HER ASS KRYSTLE!!” lol

Astonishing Member

Melrose Place, though, was full of very pretty men and women. Seeing those guys in their 50s and 60s would be okay for a 90 minute movie, but it's not going to keep people watching.

I will say, however, that most of the cast had acting ability -- unlike most modern day soaps. That's why so many went on to have careers when the show ended.
    Last edited by kcekada; 04-23-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Kinda funny we're mentioning Dynasty: Grant Show, Melrose Place's Jake Hanson, went on to play Blake Carrington in the reboot.

Astonishing Member

Maybe I would have watched that reboot if included all of the cast from Melrose Place!

That awful reboot of Dynasty didn't have a tenth of the class the OG one had.

Aaron Spelling is still turning in his grave over that (and over Tori's unpaid AmEx bills).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I doubt it. Melrose Place worked because it was the first truly over-the-top soap opera -- even crazier than Dynasty's final years. I think most people soured on that kind of storytelling.
    I don't think anything could be more "over the top" than General Hospital's Weather Machine plot that was way before Melrose Place. Thank goodness Luke and Laura stopped the bad guys from taking over the world with that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I don't think anything could be more "over the top" than General Hospital's Weather Machine plot that was way before Melrose Place. Thank goodness Luke and Laura stopped the bad guys from taking over the world with that!!!
    To this day, I think Mikkos Cassadine is a great supervillain name lol.

Heather Locklear Is worth watching...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Yes, but as I stated after -- all soaps have had moments of being over the top, but Melrose Place did it week after week. It worked for that show, but it's not something other shows should follow. Day of Our Lives tends to lean that way -- and it's not a good look on that show. Passions was the same, but it never garnered a big following.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yes, but as I stated after -- all soaps have had moments of being over the top, but Melrose Place did it week after week. It worked for that show, but it's not something other shows should follow. Day of Our Lives tends to lean that way -- and it's not a good look on that show. Passions was the same, but it never garnered a big following.
    In the case of Days, I still think that ridiculous storyline with Marlena being possessed by the devil again is why they switched them to Peacock.