Default Heroes: Eclipsed

A new heroes show called Heroes: Eclipsed is happening maybe it can work this time?

https://screenrant.com/heroes-sequel...eborn-seasons/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'll be optimistic but wasn't too crazy about the last revival attempt.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'll be optimistic but wasn't too crazy about the last revival attempt.
    Same. Nothing wrong with the concept, it just needs good writing with interesting characters, which the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A new heroes show called Heroes: Eclipsed is happening maybe it can work this time?

https://screenrant.com/heroes-sequel...eborn-seasons/
    Just keep Jeff Loeb far away from this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Heroes is one of those things which I think could do with a complete reboot.
    The issue was that they kind wrote themselves into a corner with the regrowing of limbs, and then giving Sylar Claire's power...

Redoing it all, sticking to the original idea of an anthology type show, make every Volume feel like a volume of a comic book, actually add in more than a few villains.
    I think the show could work. But it mustn't try to keep it an ever lasting thing. Heroes is ripe for cancellation, it's been cancelled twice now and I think a third time will either kill the concept off for good, or be a breath of fresh air.

Also, it shouldn't try to expand too much, keep it simple. One issue that things like Marvel are having is that they are expanding so much, it's crowding the MCU.
    Just have the show, maybe if the first season does well, do a few mini series comics.
    But it can't have a billion multi media tie in spinoffs.

It went wrong after the first season. The show runner had the second season pre-written in preparation for the writer's strike. But he made the mistake of publicly saying that where most shows make their mistake is that they keep using the same characters year after year in meaningless stories after the real story of that character is long over and it just becomes episodic.so he would end the stories of some characters and bring in new characters. Fans panic, want endless, meaningless stories with the same characters. Powers that be panic and insist show runner pander, make him rewrite entire second season. Show turns to s**t. For a reboot, learn the lesson. Let the show runner run the show. Keep the suits out of it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Obviously, we'll never know if his original idea for a second season of all mostly new characters would have worked. Despite being forced into it, I think it could have worked if he'd kept the characters working together in some way after we'd spent the entire first season getting them together. Having them all split up just to have another world-ending plot slowly pull them back together again just felt like starting over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Obviously, we'll never know if his original idea for a second season of all mostly new characters would have worked. Despite being forced into it, I think it could have worked if he'd kept the characters working together in some way after we'd spent the entire first season getting them together. Having them all split up just to have another world-ending plot slowly pull them back together again just felt like starting over.
    It could have worked, but some characters should have been kept in subsequent seasons even if almost an entire new cast was introduced.For example Suresh, Noah and the Haitian, to connect an overarching story developing over seasons.

I liked it back in the day but it failed to keep my interest in future seasons.

So ill pass unless the trailer is a banger.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2024 at 08:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It went wrong after the first season. The show runner had the second season pre-written in preparation for the writer's strike. But he made the mistake of publicly saying that where most shows make their mistake is that they keep using the same characters year after year in meaningless stories after the real story of that character is long over and it just becomes episodic.so he would end the stories of some characters and bring in new characters. Fans panic, want endless, meaningless stories with the same characters. Powers that be panic and insist show runner pander, make him rewrite entire second season. Show turns to s**t. For a reboot, learn the lesson. Let the show runner run the show. Keep the suits out of it.
    I will say that Sylar should have not been brought back. That irritated me.

I also expected that the heroes would eventually come together permanently, but I guess that's an unfair expectation -- and was never the goal of the show. But it could have used a little more glue between stories in season 2. Admittedly, I didn't follow season 2 that closely because I was losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I will say that Sylar should have not been brought back. That irritated me.

I also expected that the heroes would eventually come together permanently, but I guess that's an unfair expectation -- and was never the goal of the show. But it could have used a little more glue between stories in season 2. Admittedly, I didn't follow season 2 that closely because I was losing interest.
    I agree, they should have moved on from Sylar. A great Big Bad that overstayed his welcome. Sometimes you gotta let characters go, despite their popularity. And even if it wasn't the intention, the show did introduce a "mythology" surrounding the rise of super powers that would have naturally kept some characters together and involved in building/exlploring that mythology.(as they did with the Petrelli's mom and Hiro's father) And other characters would have naturally left the show to lead their own lives.

The alternate future angle ran its course so im hoping they avoid one for the new show.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2024 at 10:42 AM.