Default Star Trek Origin Movie

Paramount Pictures officially announces a new Star Trek movie for 2025 what do you want t
    The plot to be?

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-ori...-announcement/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Whatever Tarantino wants to do with the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Whatever Tarantino wants to do with the brand.
    I love both Star Trek and Tarentino films, but I think they are mutually exclusive things. Being one prevents it from being the other, no matter what the title might say.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Paramount Pictures officially announces a new Star Trek movie for 2025 what do you want t
    The plot to be?

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-ori...-announcement/
    https://geektyrant.com/news/the-writ...at-grandfather

This was a cool pitch i read. Im a casual fan but skew towards darker scifi like Blade Runner and Andor. So that feels like a good middleground.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-13-2024 at 07:35 AM.

So it's supposed to take place in the Kelvin universe.

It's a bit confusing seeing that the Kelvin universe is supposed to have diverted at the point where the Narada arrives, the Kelvin was destroyed etc, Kirk's father dying....

Although Mike Johnson (The writer of the IDW monthly, not the politician) took the approach that the Kelvinverse was another universe entirely hence some of his changes to lore before that...

Guess it's a bit like the Spaghetti metaphor in FLASH, Flash saving his mother screwed up events that happened before as well. Or, in another way, the Kelvin incident changes what happens with the TNG crew; maybe the Borg and Enterprise E never go back in time to help Zephram out? Or they do but it's a different version of the TNG crew? (In the IDW comics the Kelvin TOS crew do fight the Borg BTW)

Granted, there's still ST origin stories to tell which could be canon in either universe. Although we have FIRST CONTACT and ENTERPRISE, the story of the Romulan War and the founding of the Federation still wasn't told since Enterprise was cancelled.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-13-2024 at 08:39 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So it's supposed to take place in the Kelvin universe.

It's a bit confusing seeing that the Kelvin universe is supposed to have diverted at the point where the Narada arrives, the Kelvin was destroyed etc, Kirk's father dying....

Although Mike Johnson (The writer of the IDW monthly, not the politician) took the approach that the Kelvinverse was another universe entirely hence some of his changes to lore before that...

Guess it's a bit like the Spaghetti metaphor in FLASH, Flash saving his mother screwed up events that happened before as well. Or, in another way, the Kelvin incident changes what happens with the TNG crew; maybe the Borg and Enterprise E never go back in time to help Zephram out? Or they do but it's a different version of the TNG crew? (In the IDW comics the Kelvin TOS crew do fight the Borg BTW)

Granted, there's still ST origin stories to tell which could be canon in either universe. Although we have FIRST CONTACT and ENTERPRISE, the story of the Romulan War and the founding of the Federation still wasn't told since Enterprise was cancelled.
    The Kelvin version of Enterprise?

We know at least Archer becomes an admiral in that timeline and Scotty messes up transporting his Beagle (Probably not Porthos unless they've extended Dog lifespans too).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    We know at least Archer becomes an admiral in that timeline and Scotty messes up transporting his Beagle (Probably not Porthos unless they've extended Dog lifespans too).
    I think that was meant as a throwaway line to connect different Trek shows. But Jonathan Archer at the time of Star Trek would have been well over 100 unless there are major differences in the timelines. Admiral Archer could have been a descendant of Jonathan.

The movie idea seems like a good idea for expanding on what happened between the Kelvin being destroyed and the different Federation we see in Star Trek. Darker and more intense could be a good fit here.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I definitely would NOT have wanted yet another prequel. Oh well.

What even is a "Star Trek origin"? We've seen First Contact. We've seen pre-Federation ships leading up to the formation of the Federation in Enterprise. We've seen younger Kirk and Spock twice now.

Maybe we could see a story about Khan's origins. Or how the Borg came about.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

IDW did do a Khan comic series based on Kelvin Khan. I've only read the comic and a bit of the Greg Cox novels, but they had radically different takes on Khan's past.

IDW basically did have the Eugenics Wars be a world wide conflict, although puts in a bit of a cheat that "history records are spotty" or that Khan may simply be lying. Last few issues explain why he looks like Benedict Cumberbatch.

Cox tried to reconcile it with real history by having it more of a cold/proxy/shadow war that nobody at the time knew was really happening, sort of like the Illuminati mythos.

SNW and PICARD both kind of have added a bit to the whole Khan backstory (One of the crew is related but I don't think it's explained 100% how), but not the full picture.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Anyone else getting sick of reboots and prequels?
    Assassinate Putin!