Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I suspect that majority of Barbara's "fans" who complain about the wheelchair actually just want her out of the way so that their favourite could be the Batgirl.
    Both Cass and Steph are back being Batgirls so what could be gained by putting Babs in a wheelchair again. The fact that these are the same pos who accuse others of misogyny when they want a female character to be crippled again by using the phony excuse of the "role model" aspect is laughable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Will someone tell them how she got in that wheelchair in the first place. That was far more problematic than anything Taylor has written so far.
    agreed, but they dont care about reason, either give them what they want or your ableist too.

Of course, ableist. They sure love their buzzwords, don't they. Nothing lower than bullying creators by trying to play moral superiority.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I have said it before and I'll say it again, but I don't understand people who get so crazy regarding fictional characters and/or storylines. Being passionate is one thing, but being borderline psychotic is another thing. The saddest part is some of these people would give Taylor a pass had it been discovered he were a serial killer as long as he wrote his stories the way they wanted.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Taylor made himself vulnerable by treating these individuals with insufficient disrespect - he'd engage, he'd appear on Twitter, he'd pretend some of the concerns were reasonable and engage in the belief that if he explained his thinking than the people who were spreading untruth could be explained to.

Seeley tried the same thing in the early days of Grayson - he's said, basically, that what he learned was that people didn't actually want to engage with him. They wanted him to say "yes, you are correct that what I am doing is terrible - you are a very special person for noticing, and all your favourite characters and continuity will be treated just how you like it as a reward" - and that anything else was seen as arrogance. So he cut off his engagement .

Taylor's attempted to stay engaged, and has remained popular. And has let on that people talking about wanting to kill him hurts his feelings. So these children smell blood in the water.

And they'll take a break from their weird death threats and personal abuse to spend some time whining that they aren't taken seriously. I hope they get the help they need.

Let's not get sidetracked with debating Oracle vs Batgirl. It's not like that's the only reason Taylor is hated (and those don't justify this either).

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I suspect that majority of Barbara's "fans" who complain about the wheelchair actually just want her out of the way so that their favourite could be the Batgirl.
    But their favorite already is Batgirl.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Imagine being such a pathetic human being that you spend your day spreading hate online and obsessing over a comic book writer’s work to the point of sending them death threats. If they weren’t such pieces of crap it would be almost tragic.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have said it before and I'll say it again, but I don't understand people who get so crazy regarding fictional characters and/or storylines. Being passionate is one thing, but being borderline psychotic is another thing. The saddest part is some of these people would give Taylor a pass had it been discovered he were a serial killer as long as he wrote his stories the way they wanted.
    Hear hear. Hell, the state of DC for a period of about 15 years could only get complaints and rants out of me, and even then I don't get how people could even hate someone over comics, let alone threaten them.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Because too many times either by appearance or actual actions we have seen companies cave in.

Where are the Inhumans at? Do you know how many comments of "this will teach Marvel to no F-- with us (X-Fans)".
    Go down the line of characters from Jackson Hyde to Jason Rusch who have vanished or been resorted to variant covers.
    Or what we saw with McDuffie being removed from Justice League because folks lost it over 4 black members that HE had ZERO say over and told folks that.

And for the most part it's not actual readers of the books doing this.

Did we not have a guy charting books that did NOTHING but attack certain titles and even blamed characters like Nubia, Duke and Jackson and Wallace for sales on books? Books they were NOT in and hadn't been in for years?

Too many times guys like these complain and someway or somehow it appears the companies listen. So of course they act like this. Because the company tends to be SILENT.

And then when folks cry about the talent that gets hired-a lot of folks do NOT want to put up with this behavior. Especially not in this political climate. It's part of the reason we got a nationwide teacher shortage.

Will someone tell them how she got in that wheelchair in the first place. That was far more problematic than anything Taylor has written so far.
    They don't care how she got in that chair. All they saw was how she was used in Birds of Prey and other books. She wasn't background fodder like John Stewart was in Green Lantern when he was in a wheelchair. She was useful.

They saw a successful Batgirl title run by Cassandra Cain that Babs didn't do. However they saw her and Stephanie get TOSSED to put Babs in that suit. HOWEVER they forget about WHO tossed them away and how many writers and artist tried to use them under their old names and get denied.

The fact that these are the same pos who accuse others of misogyny when they want a female character to be crippled again by using the phony excuse of the "role model" aspect is laughable.
    Is that NOT the same with Cyborg? Or lesser cases with Tim Drake and Jon Kent? Every call to get Cyborg a better LOOK gets folks saying he HAS to look like that to be a role model yet never get written that way or has solos that don't sell.

People not understanding how to be normal about hating things is really weird to me. The sheer mental space you give some guy who writes comics you think are bad is kind of crazy.

Of course, ableist. They sure love their buzzwords, don't they. Nothing lower than bullying creators by trying to play moral superiority.
    Nothing new, unfortunately, as Ron Marz has brought up in his dealings with H.E.A.T. back in the 90s.

My attention was directed to message boards -- I honestly don't remember which ones -- where the same guy would rant on about me, calling me "misogynist" and "hack" and a laundry list of other names. He pontificated that I must have had a horrible relationship with my mother, and that I obviously hated women (which was news to my wife). And so it went.
    Time truly is a flat circle.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Unfortunately, there's been a serious desensitization to other human beings over the last few decades and a growing movement of hostility towards anyone who doesn't align with someone's thoughts. Social media (and message boards to an extent) have given people a self imposed authority to say and do whatever they want without regard. In some cases it's all about the hearts and thumbs...gives them attention and fuels their ideology.
    As for me...I really did not like his Jon Kent--the whole character was just boring to me. Taylor's Nightwing though....for me, it hasnt' been this good since Dixon! Likewise, I am LOVING his Titans (even if he is falling for a tired temptation with one particular character.) Everything else I've seen of him is that he's a pretty decent human.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Thanks a lot, Elon Musk. Twitter was **** before but now it's a completely unregulated cesspool.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because too many times either by appearance or actual actions we have seen companies cave in.

Where are the Inhumans at? Do you know how many comments of "this will teach Marvel to no F-- with us (X-Fans)".
    Go down the line of characters from Jackson Hyde to Jason Rusch who have vanished or been resorted to variant covers.
    Or what we saw with McDuffie being removed from Justice League because folks lost it over 4 black members that HE had ZERO say over and told folks that.

And for the most part it's not actual readers of the books doing this.

Did we not have a guy charting books that did NOTHING but attack certain titles and even blamed characters like Nubia, Duke and Jackson and Wallace for sales on books? Books they were NOT in and hadn't been in for years?

Too many times guys like these complain and someway or somehow it appears the companies listen. So of course they act like this. Because the company tends to be SILENT.

And then when folks cry about the talent that gets hired-a lot of folks do NOT want to put up with this behavior. Especially not in this political climate. It's part of the reason we got a nationwide teacher shortage.
    I agree the companies shouldn't put up with this garbage. Enabling this nuttiness is only going to embolden them.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Both Cass and Steph are back being Batgirls so what could be gained by putting Babs in a wheelchair again. The fact that these are the same pos who accuse others of misogyny when they want a female character to be crippled again by using the phony excuse of the "role model" aspect is laughable.
    As long as Babs can walk she can be main Batgirl. As Skyvolt said, companies sometimes cave in. And well, I wouldn't be surprised if we got all this bullshit about Bab's implant being damaged and her not being as active due to DC trying to appease these psychos.