View Poll Results: Who Do You Wanna See in a Solo Book?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

26 17.69%
  • Xavier

6 4.08%
  • Gambit

45 30.61%
  • Iceman

22 14.97%
  • Emma Frost

21 14.29%
  • Nightcrawler

20 13.61%
  • Cable

17 11.56%
  • Bishop

22 14.97%
  • Rogue

30 20.41%
  • Betsy Braddock

10 6.80%
  • Northstar

22 14.97%
  • Dani Moonstar

28 19.05%
  • Sunspot

22 14.97%
  • Magneto

10 6.80%
  • OTHER

37 25.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

GAMBIT: At least a mini-series written by Gail Simone. Since he is back living in the big easy, anyone from his past can run into him. Like the assassin's guild.

SUNSPOT: The future of mutantkind is corporate. Robert DaCosta knows this. Written by Al Ewing we will see him interact with various movers and shakers good and bad human and mutant to decide the future.

EXODUS: Following the events of Fall of X, Paris finds himself in a new position. Will he assume a role in saving mutantkind? Follow a new leader? Or will he walk a new path? Written by Steve Orlando

BEAST: In the aftermath of X-Force #50, Hank McCoy finds himself not only having to catch up with all the lost years but dealing with the fallout with the actions created by a dark twisted version of himself. And the Russian mutants that version locked up would like a word. Written by Ryan North.

DOMINO: No one saw the Fall of X coming. No one save Domino. Few people know of the evil that men (or mutants) can do like she does. And she will not let those she loves be harmed ever again. She is the assassin of X. Written by Rainbow Rowell.

X-MAN: Charles Xavier was the first. He created the X-Men and stood with them. All the way to near extinction. Now on his own, Xavier looks back on his life and towards an uncertain future. Written by Philip Kennedy Johnson.

PSYLOCKE: Written by Alyssa Wong. Kwannon gets a book all her own. Not just the warrior. She strives for more and it is time to make her move.

SHAW: Wait hear me out. Having burned every bridge in his never-ending quest for power, Shaw finds himself a mutant (man) without a country seen as just another mutant by those who hate them and a traitor by his own kind, Shaw is forced to face some hard truths in this mini-series written by Cody Ziglar.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

A Cyclops series written by Geoff Johns and drawn by Ivan Reis. I know it's never going to happen but one can always dream...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cyclops, Gambit, Cable, Rogue, Magneto.

Duo books can really work.
    A Cable & Bishop time travel series would be fun. Their recent team ups show they can headline a new buddy timecop book.
    Gambit & Rogue need another series, too.
    Xavier & Magneto always play well with each other... so to speak.
    And imagine the chicanery of an Iceman & Northstar book!
    Beast + Wonder Man. Let’s make it happen.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Other: Moira MacTaggart. A ten part miniseries each telling a story from one of her lives. But would need to have a good creative team (Gillen/Schiti, Remender/Imonen, Kyle & Yost/Crain, Claremont/Davis, Joe Kelly/Charest, etc).

Extraordinary Member

Magik's always been held back by being on team books. Going back to the 80s, Claremont had to nerf her to hell and back just his trainee team could function with her on it, leading to the ridiculous paradox that a character named Magik almost never uses magic. Under Duggan she's been the worst she's ever been, essentially just there to make bad jokes like an ADHD-riddled teenager and to get Worfed so Jean can look good. With a solo title she'd finally get to explore her powers instead of Marvel pretending she's just a kid with a big sword, she'd finally get to face Grigori Rasputin after 40 years of Marvel ignoring the most obvious confrontation in the world, and her traumas and conflicts could be confronted instead of the stupidity of Duggan's 'I'm going to dance for no reason in the middle of a major crisis' rendition of her.

The majority won't agree, but my choice would be Kitty Pryde (especially, if Wood/Asrar were brought back):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I think Bishop and Iceman will get solos next.
    I think Gail teased earlier that more Gold team mates would get solo after Jean and Storm.

I don't want anyone who's already in a teambook to get a solo book. I think Cable, Bishop and Iceman are the obvious contenders.

I actually think lots of characters have untapped potential in the solo department.

Rogue, I am incredibly biased, but it would be cool to explore her past as a villain. We only get short shots of it. I feel like there's also a few dangling threads regarding Destiny's Dairies. I'd love to see Vargas come back for revenge as an antagonist.

Moonstar, her powers are based on illusions and fear and she's a fierce character. A horror-themed adventure book with Moonstar confronting various mythological creatures from Ingenious American and Appalachian Folklore sounds amazing.

Gambit makes a lot of sense to capitalize on his 97' popularity. I know Gail Simone's Uncanny already seems to doing some work for him, but I'd still love to see a solo book to flesh out the Thieves and Assassins Guilds which could be their own book. He's a robin-hood coded thief, he's always have a well of stories to tell.

Kwannon is also a good choice. Fallen Angels and Hellions did some work, but there is still a lot of mystery surrounding Kwannon's past with the Hand and her daughter. I'd love to see her back in Japan and exploring those connections.

Magik I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a solo yet. She's the demon queen of Limbo, I'm interested in worldbuilding Limbo more and seeing how Illyana keeps her position of power; as well as fight off threats in her kingdom and beyond.

While I love Iceman solos in theory, they really need to find a strong writer with a clear vision for him. The last couple of solos the writers have made me actively start to dislike him and I love Bobby. Please stop harming the character, so choose very, very cautiously there.

I think Bishop can also work fine for a solo. I love what they did with him in District X, so something with a similar theme could work or perhaps what the Shatterstar mini did with dealing with time-displaced characters.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 04-15-2024 at 05:21 AM.

Gambit, obviously!

Also, Rogue.

Aaannd...Gambit & Rogue.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 04-15-2024 at 05:50 AM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I think Hope should get a book or star in a team book.
    She is important to the mutant race and I feel like writers just overlook that.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Duo books can really work.
    A Cable & Bishop time travel series would be fun. Their recent team ups show they can headline a new buddy timecop book.
    'Children of the Vault' showed that these two are awesome together. Doesn't have to be a timecop book even. Can be set in the present day taking down major threats to mutantkind and the future, like a two-man X-Force.

Part of me is holding out hope that Bishop and Cable are the headliners of X-Factor, with the premise being they are kind of the X.S.E. of this era hunting down the worst of the worst... maybe with a spin on the original X-Factor concept where they pretended to be mutant hunters but really were trying to help mutants, only this time they pretend to be legitimate businessmen working for X-Corp but in reality are mutant hunters... but only going after the really bad ones. Something like that. Throw in Mystique and Destiny too. Could be a cool book. Not that I can see Mystique or Cable hunting down their own kind, but if the bad guys are bad enough perhaps...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I'd love for Laura to have new solo ongoing, because of course. And the one that would finally let her come out like Craig Kyle wanted.
    Other then her I'd want to see Monet be given a shot at solo, with her siblings as supporting characters, maybe some all female arc with mix of her teammates from previous teams like GenX, X-Factor and stuff.
    Also maybe a little bit of retconing X corps...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think Hope should get a book or star in a team book.
    She is important to the mutant race and I feel like writers just overlook that.
    The problem with Hope is that she was entirely created for one specific plot and that plot is long over now.

She is a classic "chosen one" but without the benefit of the story ending with her fullfilling her purpose or being given a grand tragic self sacrifice that allows her to exist the story on a high note.

So now she is in that awkward position where the creators can't just sweep her under the rug, because they spend YEARS making her a big deal, but nobody knows what to do with her anymore.

Hence rotting away in meaningless bit appearance or thrown into dead end roles.

Which a solo series is arguably unlikely to fix, but rather make worse.

Perhaps it might even be better for her to be entirely absent for a decade or more, until a writer can bring her back as a suprise and in a meaningfull way again. Rather than this half measure treatment now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    GAMBIT: At least a mini-series written by Gail Simone. Since he is back living in the big easy, anyone from his past can run into him. Like the assassin's guild.

SUNSPOT: The future of mutantkind is corporate. Robert DaCosta knows this. Written by Al Ewing we will see him interact with various movers and shakers good and bad human and mutant to decide the future.

EXODUS: Following the events of Fall of X, Paris finds himself in a new position. Will he assume a role in saving mutantkind? Follow a new leader? Or will he walk a new path? Written by Steve Orlando

BEAST: In the aftermath of X-Force #50, Hank McCoy finds himself not only having to catch up with all the lost years but dealing with the fallout with the actions created by a dark twisted version of himself. And the Russian mutants that version locked up would like a word. Written by Ryan North.

DOMINO: No one saw the Fall of X coming. No one save Domino. Few people know of the evil that men (or mutants) can do like she does. And she will not let those she loves be harmed ever again. She is the assassin of X. Written by Rainbow Rowell.

X-MAN: Charles Xavier was the first. He created the X-Men and stood with them. All the way to near extinction. Now on his own, Xavier looks back on his life and towards an uncertain future. Written by Philip Kennedy Johnson.

PSYLOCKE: Written by Alyssa Wong. Kwannon gets a book all her own. Not just the warrior. She strives for more and it is time to make her move.

SHAW: Wait hear me out. Having burned every bridge in his never-ending quest for power, Shaw finds himself a mutant (man) without a country seen as just another mutant by those who hate them and a traitor by his own kind, Shaw is forced to face some hard truths in this mini-series written by Cody Ziglar.
    Agree fully with Exodus needing a solo. I feel he is a character with untapped potential and could be one of the most interesting characters to explore post Krakoa. I doubt we'll see much of him going forward unfortunately.

Colossus would be well served by a solo as well. I feel like the Krakoa age primed him for an introspective solo adventure.