View Poll Results: Who Do You Wanna See in a Solo Book?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

26 17.69%
  • Xavier

6 4.08%
  • Gambit

45 30.61%
  • Iceman

22 14.97%
  • Emma Frost

21 14.29%
  • Nightcrawler

20 13.61%
  • Cable

17 11.56%
  • Bishop

22 14.97%
  • Rogue

30 20.41%
  • Betsy Braddock

10 6.80%
  • Northstar

22 14.97%
  • Dani Moonstar

28 19.05%
  • Sunspot

22 14.97%
  • Magneto

10 6.80%
  • OTHER

37 25.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would 100% read Northstar or Rogue.

I would 75% read Gambit.

I would 50% read Nightcrawler or Sunspot.

The rest, prolly not.
    Nyssie, fix the title please <3

THAAAAAANK YOU BABE

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Nyssie, fix the title please <3

THAAAAAANK YOU BABE

Honestly I think almost any character can get a solo if the story is creative and well executed. Long, ongoing runs aren't the norm anymore and we see new titles launched regularly out of the Avengers office. So I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see something similar out of the X-office.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Uncanny Bill the Lobster
    Astonishing Bill
    Lobster-Force
    Bill-Factor
    New Lobsters
    Lobsters Academy
    Billverine
    Can we add in Rico? I know he is a scorpion but close!! The adventures of Lobsterman and Rico!
    Last edited by dragon1440; 04-14-2024 at 01:35 PM.

Incredible Member

I want to see long over due minor characters get a solo. Sorta life in the day of. Even non superheros could have interesting lives. Stitch (and human husband Groundhog)- How they adapt back into a normal life. Squidboy Normal teen life, school, bullies, therapy for being brought to life ad his last memory being ripped apart. Jumbo running his fashion empire. Choir for her right to be in singing competitions even with her extra mouths, could be an allegory for trans/sports if done right. Stacy X working with the or and disenfranchised and running support groups for addicts and runaways, but also nonhuman passing mutants, and sex workers, and the controversial things like that. Day in the life of slices of mutants.

Cyclops, Gambit, Cable, Rogue, Magneto.

Duo books can really work.
    A Cable & Bishop time travel series would be fun. Their recent team ups show they can headline a new buddy timecop book.
    Gambit & Rogue need another series, too.
    Xavier & Magneto always play well with each other... so to speak.
    And imagine the chicanery of an Iceman & Northstar book!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Without question I would say both Gambit and Bishop. They are among my favorite characters and both have shown that they can carry a solo series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I like a lot but I think it’s time Bishop got one. Something that actually follows up on his established plots and allies instead of more new random adventures. Tap back into the XSE, the team he had during The Last X-Man solo, stuff he saw during District X, etc. Let’s get moving.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am biased but also thinking who could potentially last but I'd say Gambit,Rogue and Cable. Anyone else may make it to 12 but no more in this market
    X-Men Forever

Betsy can carry one with STRIKE, Otherworld, mutant stuff, and CB stuff

Iceman has had solos before so it makes sense.

Kwannon getting a solo would be cool as well just to further differentiate her as Psylocke.

I would like to see Magik get a book. There’s so much they could do with Illyana, if they just put a little effort. They could also work in more of her personal relationships we don’t get to see much in the team books.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I'd like another Gambit solo, and hopefully this time they'll actually try to promote it, unlike last time with the Asmus one.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Astonishing Member

I would not be surprised if the upcoming Blood Hunt one-shots (Kwannon, Magik, etc) were picked with an eye towards using them as test drives, see how viable they are for future solo projects.

Spectacular Member

Cyclops, he's arguably the most important X-Men character so he needs a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Is it a solo book which is expected to last longer than a year or a solo mini?

Because the former is basicly an impossibility for anyone not Wolverine (Logan) these days, so it could be considered futile to think of it for anyone else.

Meanwhile when it comes to minis basicly anyone could have a chance to get a good and memorable one if the story, art and writing is there.
    This. I think any major (and even minor) X-Men should deserve a mini at this point. Especially when they aren't picked in a title so they are benched. This way you could use the mini to satisfy the fans who don't get their fave in the ongoings.
    I don't know how much putting out a mini costs and what minimum return is required to not loose money to Marvel. But if they can churn out X-Men Unlimited, they could do plenty of minis as well.

But yeah, me wishfully thinking X-Marvel would start to exploit the large (immense) cast they have instead of pushing always the same people. Ignore me.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.