View Poll Results: Who Do You Wanna See in a Solo Book?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

26 17.69%
  • Xavier

6 4.08%
  • Gambit

45 30.61%
  • Iceman

22 14.97%
  • Emma Frost

21 14.29%
  • Nightcrawler

20 13.61%
  • Cable

17 11.56%
  • Bishop

22 14.97%
  • Rogue

30 20.41%
  • Betsy Braddock

10 6.80%
  • Northstar

22 14.97%
  • Dani Moonstar

28 19.05%
  • Sunspot

22 14.97%
  • Magneto

10 6.80%
  • OTHER

37 25.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Who Should Get a New Solo Book?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort
    Both STORM and PHOENIX were my doing, Alex, at least in terms of them being put forward as projects that I wanted to do. And they’re only the tip of the iceberg in terms of stuff going forward. The X-Line has a huge diversity of characters, many of whom, I believe, should be able to headline a series. Plus, past a certain point a lot of the X-Team books have started to feel a bit like five random mutant characters who happened to be standing near one another thrown together as a team. It’s all inevitably going to come down to how well stuff sells, of course, but I think i can confidently say that you’ll be seeing a lot more solo titles beyond STORM and PHOENIX in the new X-Line moving forward—certainly more than have been historically attempted.
    We know Storm, Phoenix and Wolverine are coming, but Brevoort just posted that we're getting a lot more solo books. Who do you want to see on solo adventures?
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 04-14-2024 at 11:03 AM.

Wither
    Scalphunter
    Third eye
    Dust
    Nekra
    Sunfire
    Proudstar
    Magma
    Cecilia Reyes
    Sage.

Astonishing Member

Is it a solo book which is expected to last longer than a year or a solo mini?

Because the former is basicly an impossibility for anyone not Wolverine (Logan) these days, so it could be considered futile to think of it for anyone else.

Meanwhile when it comes to minis basicly anyone could have a chance to get a good and memorable one if the story, art and writing is there.

Infact a successfull mini could serve as a pilot for something which might then last 2 years or more.

Does the solo have to take place in the 616 universe?

I've wanted to see the return of "spy-fi" 'Berto since Time Runs Out. We never DID get to see what he did as "Citizen X", but I liked the idea so much I used that scene as my avatar.

lol I messed up the title.

(help me, Nyssane)

I'd automatically disqualify all future people since they belong in the future.

Uncanny Bill the Lobster
    Astonishing Bill
    Lobster-Force
    Bill-Factor
    New Lobsters
    Lobsters Academy
    Billverine

I voted for Emma, but I'd like to see Emma, Gambit or Mystique get another shot. Outside of Cable and the Wolverines they're the only ones who have had solos for more than a year.

On one hand I understand why they keep giving solo's to certain characters (Storm, Iceman for example) but on the other hand those characters haven't had successful solos so why not give other characters a chance.

I now think that Mystique by Declan Shalvey from the leaked list is actually happening.

Mystique had a lengthy solo run in the past (by BKV and Sean Mckeever) that ran for 24 issues, which is pretty impressive. She's also been in the spotlight during Krakoa, especially with her romance with Destiny.

That would mean Sentinels is X-Factor, I guess?

Northstar's probably due another miniseries. I suspect he's in an interesting headspace post-Krakoa.

Emma and/or Mystique (feat. Destiny). Poison Ivy and Scarlet Witch are the solo it girls right now in terms of sales. There's a demand for bad bitches.

Gambit by Dan Mora, please!

Yeah, Cable is my boy but he’s had lots of solo series and plenty of chances to catch fire again. Personally I know how I’d approach the character to get him back to A-list status, but that’s neither here nor there. Bottom line? If I’m going to vote for somebody else on this list it’s gotta be Gambit after X-men ‘97 episode 5. Hands down!

Second choice would be Bishop. He’s the highest profile black male X-man and he started out the season of X-men ‘97 on the varsity squad. So would love to see him get another shot at a solo book.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I voted Nightcrawler and Iceman but really I want to see these two in a book to explore their history (and finally explain just how old Destiny is...)
    destiny_and_mystique_from_inferno_4_panel_by_stefano_caselli_and_david_curiel_2.jpg

But ultimately I want a book for...!

images.jpg
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

I would 100% read Northstar or Rogue.

I would 75% read Gambit.

I would 50% read Nightcrawler or Sunspot.

The rest, prolly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    lol I messed up the title.

(help me, Nyssane)