View Poll Results: Who Do You Wanna See in a Solo Book?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

26 17.69%
  • Xavier

6 4.08%
  • Gambit

45 30.61%
  • Iceman

22 14.97%
  • Emma Frost

21 14.29%
  • Nightcrawler

20 13.61%
  • Cable

17 11.56%
  • Bishop

22 14.97%
  • Rogue

30 20.41%
  • Betsy Braddock

10 6.80%
  • Northstar

22 14.97%
  • Dani Moonstar

28 19.05%
  • Sunspot

22 14.97%
  • Magneto

10 6.80%
  • OTHER

37 25.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Alex and Maddy: for Sci-fi space stories Cosair/Vulcan/Shi-ar, for magic horror the Limbo, Goblin Queeness of it all, there are the complicated issues with Cable and Stryfe on Maddy's side and possibly even more complicated issues with Scotty (Alex and Maddy's kid Mutant X alt universe) and Katherine Summers (Alex and Wasp's kid in an alt universe, hey he is a Nexus being) on Alex's side when it comes to the kids. They both probably have major issues with the Marauders as well, Greycrow uh-oh and have a secondary beef with Apocalypse since he is Cable's sworn nemesis depending on ever changing canon. Throw in a little Val Cooper liason to recognized government of Limbo and you have an ongoing that can go at least 50 issues.

I'd love to see Rogue get a solo as the X-men's best legitimate superhero. She could be doing Avengers work outside her X-adventures.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Cyclops

It should focus on him dealing with being such a acolyte to Xavier and in the end it fell apart.

They had the dream that was promised to him by his father figure, but it was his mentors hubris that brought it all down.

I think there's great potential for pathos and drama.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Cyclops

It should focus on him dealing with being such a acolyte to Xavier and in the end it fell apart.

They had the dream that was promised to him by his father figure, but it was his mentors hubris that brought it all down.

I think there's great potential for pathos and drama.
    To be fair, he already knew that Xavier was untrustworthy and had already surpassed him long ago yet Hickman had the brilliant idea of regressing his character, and making him fine with a nation governed by Xavier,Magneto,Apocalypse,Mystique,Sinister,Shaw,e tc. A well-written Cyclops wouldn't have accepted such a shitty council and would've gotten involved in the government of Krakoa because he has a big sense of responsibility and having such horrible people be part of Krakoa goes against his principles.

Out of the ones on this list . . . Dani! There is so much stuff with her that could be covered in a solo. So much we don't now about some very interesting moments in her life. Her time with Shield. Getting recruited.
    Sunspot would be great too.
    I like everyone else on this list a lot except . . . Xavier. I mean. I like him in the media I'm far more familiar with but everything about him in the books seems to be pretty bad. I think it's OK that he ain't a saint but I think they went too far. But I've only read bits of his book history from very random runs.
    Last edited by wlfking; 04-15-2024 at 02:03 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    To be fair, he already knew that Xavier was untrustworthy and had already surpassed him long ago yet Hickman had the brilliant idea of regressing his character, and making him fine with a nation governed by Xavier,Magneto,Apocalypse,Mystique,Sinister,Shaw,e tc. A well-written Cyclops wouldn't have accepted such a shitty council and would've gotten involved in the government of Krakoa because he has a big sense of responsibility and having such horrible people be part of Krakoa goes against his principles.
    Sure, but I'm going off what was written on the page.

So I think based on that it would make a funny story.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Declan Shalvey is writing and drawing Project Raven per his newsletter, so if that is a Mystique solo then it will be a limited series; no way he could sustainably do that monthly alongside his other commitments (e.g., Thundercats).

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Declan Shalvey is writing and drawing Project Raven per his newsletter, so if that is a Mystique solo then it will be a limited series; no way he could sustainably do that monthly alongside his other commitments (e.g., Thundercats).
    I'm betting that ends up being X-Factor with a focus on Mystique as the main character, or one of the main characters.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Cyclops: I'd like to see him kinda go back to his roots and Xavier's original dream, but as a solo hero simply trying to save whomever he can while building a bridge between mutants and humans, but in a much more grounded, one life at a time kinda way, having for whatever reason, parting from the X-Men and whatever their mission has become. So this is a lighter Scott unburdened by the Big Picture and being a leader of his team, his race and just being a solo hero, one lone mutant trying to make the Dream come true.

Rogue: A straight-forward super hero title with Rogue operating in the South.(I forget where she's originally from) Throw in some interesting revelations about her biological family that tie into some larger (non X-Men) MCU threat.

Sunfire: I keep wanting a Sunfire title by either a Japanese writer or someone who really knows the country and the current culture. Sunfire's been a bit stuck in an old-fashioned depiction of how westerners see a Japanese hero, and I can't think of a time when he comes across as a young man who actually lives in Japan.

Cyclops: Is the only one I would read, to be honest. The take would be simple, he always have been on a team, we would see him on his own. Nothing major at first, just him going around having fun, medium stake adventures. Maybe he would hang around New York with Colleen, Misty, Luke and Danny. He could go on a adventure in space with his father. Hunt down Purifiers. Investigate an mysterious norse noir murder while in Alaska. Whatever. Just get a great writer and an amazing artist.
    And have Magik appearing as much as possible.

Actually, Magik should get a solo too.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sunfire: I keep wanting a Sunfire title by either a Japanese writer or someone who really knows the country and the current culture.
    Akira Yoshida.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I generally dislike the idea of giving Cyclops a solo on account of him being one of the most over-used characters ever. Like, I think he's up to 4 canonical love interests in the main universe? Jean, Maddie, Emma, joanna?

bleah, who else can we write about?

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Misused is more like it. Krakoan Era is proof of that. He's the fifth superhero with the most comic book appearances,only behind Wolverine, Batman, Superman and Spider-Man, so you assume the writers are gonna give him some respect but no. He's mostly there to be humiliated.

Spectacular Member

Scott doesn't even have friends outside the X-Men and I wouldn't say that the ones he has are great friends either, most of them have betrayed him and treated him like trash for years, he needs to meet new people and a solo is a great way to do that and he's been horribly written during Krakoa so he deserves it after 5 years of character assassination.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Scott doesn't even have friends outside the X-Men and I wouldn't say that the ones he has are great friends either, most of them have betrayed him and treated him like trash for years, he needs to meet new people and a solo is a great way to do that and he's been horribly written during Krakoa so he deserves it after 5 years of character assassination.
    Watching Scott become one the most prominent and popular Marvel characters in the 2000s and then becoming, whatever the **** Jonathan "Hackman" and his legion of doofuses turned him into has actually been more painful to me than watching what Disney has been doing to Star Wars since 2014.