Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Too late Hank has already been The Wasp. Attachment 138911
    ^^^That's WHY i said that.

Thank you though, for the information!

EDIT
    Hank did have some cool gadgets in this identity though, I’ll admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You are so right. The Tony loses everything and has to rebuild has been done to death. It’s time to evolve.
    ^^^Maybe he leaves himself open to losing everything subconsciously.
    Clawing his way back to the top May be the part he enjoys most about the business side of things.

Like how some serial daters are all about the chase but then sabatoge the relationship once they have it, to go chase someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^That's WHY i said that.

Thank you though, for the information!

EDIT
    Hank did have some cool gadgets in this identity though, I’ll admit that.
    It was a cool looking costume was well. It's still not better than Yellowjacket, Yellowjacket is in the Marvel top ten when it comes to costumes.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

…Yellowjacket is in the Marvel top ten when it comes to costumes.
    ^^^Hell YES!

Extraordinary Member

Just curious as to why I’m asking. Why don’t you like Tony Stark? I’m often quite interested in why people don’t care for him.
    I'd rather not turn this into that kind of conversation. All I've got to say, though, is if you find him entertaining, that's great. And the last thing I would want to do is take him away from you.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

It means that they have no idea what a police force is, the concept that Green Lantern is built on?
    With all the cosmic superheroes out there already, I can see how some would consider a whole army of them would seem redundant.

In a comics universe where a large (if not largest) selling point is that everything is interconnected? Haha it feels like I'm on an episode of Hoarders.
    I think this is clearly where we differ. For me, it's easy enough to skip stories where characters I don't care for appear. I don't feel obligated in the least to pick everything up because they simply all appear in the same universe. It only feels like hoarders if you feel compelled to pick up every book.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With all the cosmic superheroes out there already, I can see how some would consider a whole army of them would seem redundant.
    Asking "why is this police force acting liks a police force?" feels strange.

I think this is clearly where we differ. For me, it's easy enough to skip stories where characters I don't care for appear. I don't feel obligated in the least to pick everything up because they simply all appear in the same universe
    The nature of the shared universe guarantees that these characters WILL have an affect on the characters you DO like. They still will affect the other characters. It's why they created them. It dilutes the strength of the main character

It only feels like hoarders if you feel compelled to pick up every book.
    Once again, it's called a "family" for a reason. No matter what you do they still will affect the other characters
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-17-2024 at 01:16 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I'd rather not turn this into that kind of conversation. All I've got to say, though, is if you find him entertaining, that's great. And the last thing I would want to do is take him away from you.
    It’s impossible for you to take him away from me. He’s been my hero/idol since I was 11 years old, but I understand if you don’t want to get off topic. I just find it interesting sometimes why people dislike him so much.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-17-2024 at 01:26 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It’s impossible for you to take him away from me. He’s been my hero/idol since I was 11 years old, but I understand if you don’t want to get off topic. I just find it interesting sometimes why people dislike him so much.
    Sometimes the writers forget that almost every regular person wants to be Tony Stark, but they can't. Every tech billionaire is trying to be Tony Stark, and failing miserably LOL. Yes, the character has his ups and downs but at the end of the day it's a power fantasy that is incredibly popular. Tech, exotic locations, action, adventure, wealth and beautiful women. Sometimes it feels modern comic writers resent the character, or that the character has become a whipping boy for prejudices the writers might hold.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

They dilute the strength of the main character.
    Does it really harm the brand? Or is it just harming a fan's perception of their favorite character?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Does it really harm the brand? Or is it just harming a fan's perception of their favorite character?
    ^^^Doesn't the latter lead to the former?

^^^As long as neither of them become the Wasp.
    That was Hank's best look.

Thank you for bringing that up. Enough with the symbiotes!

I have another one.

Antman: Hank Pym is returned to his rightful age and becomes Antman again. Scott stays, but becomes the new Yellowjacket.
    This should be the reverse- Scott stays Ant-man, Hank becomes Yellowjacket again. Or Hank stays with the plainclothes look from Avengers AI.

Henry_Pym_(Earth-616)_from_Avengers_A.I._Vol_1_1_001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Supporting cast used to mean normal non-powered civilians. it kept the heroes relatable and grounded. Now it seems most heroes just interact with other heroes. Often ones with similiar powers and codenames to the one they have.
    Thats how most shonen anime work tho. I dont mind it but we could do better in how they operate. I was fine with Bruce connecting with Inferno in Marvel Rising. They have different strengths and weaknesses but there is an overlap in personal expierences. So Bruce mentoring Dante would've msde sense to me.

^^^Doesn't the latter lead to the former?
    It can as it could lead to oversaturation. Which tends to be the main complaint about franchise storytelling like Star Wars.

For Iron Fist- i'd give lin lie back his sword and use Pei instead as the new Iron Fist. Danny can be retired as no one figured out what to do with him since the H4H days.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2024 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

It can as it could lead to oversaturation. Which tends to be the main complaint about franchise storytelling like Star Wars.
    ^^^Good deal, thanks.

For Iron Fist- i'd give lin lie back his sword and use Pei instead as the new Iron Fist. Danny can be retired as no one figured out what to do with him since the H4H days.
    ^^^While I’d rather have Danny as Iron Fist (or at least unretired, he’s still one of the best Martial Artists at Marvel), Pei as Iron Fist makes way more sense to me than Lin Lie. Plus she’s just a way funner character.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-18-2024 at 05:39 PM.

^^^Good deal, thanks.

^^^While I’d rather have Danny as Iron Fist (or at least I retired, he’s still one of the best Martial Artists at Marvel), Pei as Iron Fist makes way more sense to me than Lin Lie. Plus she’s just a way funner character.
    Lin Lie had good chemistry with Shang. So letting him be the Luke to Shang's Obi-wan would be fun.

Lin Lie had good chemistry with Shang. So letting him be the Luke to Shang's Obi-wan would be fun.
    ^^^See, THAT i could work with!
    I know the two have broached that student/teacher relationship…

…which is prob. the chemistry you were talking about.