Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    There is a ton that I would get rid of and its mostly the ones that have very little depth to them but seem to only exist to check off boxes.

If the characters where handled correctly or were interesting I wouldn't mind them. But I think there is a reason Stan Lee said that the idea of "sidekicks" would inevitably be silly and uninteresting. (Not his exact words. Im paraphrasing here.)
    ^^^This is well put.

Also (imo), you can’t just look at this and lump all related characters into one big pile. Well, you can, but that’s kind of shallow.

It’s really a case by case basis.

ladies, gents, non-binary friends, the great culling of symbiotes is upon us. Back to two you go.

Marvel bankruptcy 2.0 announced the same day

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    ladies, gents, non-binary friends, the great culling of symbiotes is upon us. Back to two you go.

^^^LOL!!!!1

But yeeeeaaahhh.
    I wasn’t a huge Venom fan even as a kid, but when it was just him and Carnage it was at least under control.
    Marvel’s expanded the idea to the point where I just don’t give a crap.
    I mean, Black Widow has a freaking Symbiote. No. Just no.

And don’t even get me STARTED on FLEXO The Rubber Man.

I'd take Flexo over Carnage AKA The Spider-Man Who Laughs, every day.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Nova: Richard Rider is Nova. If Sam Alexander is staying, how about giving him a new name?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Nova: Richard Rider is Nova. If Sam Alexander is staying, how about giving him a new name?
    ^^^I remember Rich briefly went by Kid Nova when the New Warriors started out.

Maybe Sam could take that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

Thank you for bringing that up. Enough with the symbiotes!

I have another one.

Antman: Hank Pym is returned to his rightful age and becomes Antman again. Scott stays, but becomes the new Yellowjacket.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    It's not a Hawkeye situation. I think this may fall under them both being linked to the Nova Corps. Like Hal, Kyle, John and Guy are all called Green Lantern because they are members of the Green Lantern Corps
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I have another one.

Antman: Hank Pym is returned to his rightful age and becomes Antman again. Scott stays, but becomes the new Yellowjacket.
    ^^^As long as neither of them become the Wasp.

Astonishing Member

Symboites. Wenn they expanded I was checking out. They are so boring. One or two are okay, but the rest does not bring anything interesting to the table.

All the Robins...urgh.

But there is no reason to get rid of them, when they sell .

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

I have another one.

I would have Hank be Giant-Man (in his avengers forever costume) and leave Scott as Ant-Man. Switching would just be causing the same problem this thread is about.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    And don’t even get me STARTED on FLEXO The Rubber Man.
    *opens new window tab-->google query Flexo--->

Wait, so this is a legit Timely era creation retconned with an origin as a symbiote?

I've been off the Spider Family and Symbiote Family of books for years now. How new is this revelation? Fairly new as Gold Goblin is mentioned near the end of this wiki.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I would have Hank be Giant-Man (in his avengers forever costume) and leave Scott as Ant-Man. Switching would just be causing the same problem this thread is about.
    Also why would Scott even touch the mantle of Yellowjacket? The mantle being held by Darren Cross, the man who almost killed his daughter? Narratively that makes zero sense for Scott to even associate with Yellowjacket. Now Hank returning as Giant-Man I can get behind.

View Post
    No, we can't trim the fat! The supporting cast is what makes these books.
    Supporting cast used to mean normal non-powered civilians. it kept the heroes relatable and grounded. Now it seems most heroes just interact with other heroes. Often ones with similiar powers and codenames to the one they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    *opens new window tab-->google query Flexo--->

Wait, so this is a legit Timely era creation retconned with an origin as a symbiote?

I've been off the Spider Family and Symbiote Family of books for years now. How new is this revelation? Fairly new as Gold Goblin is mentioned near the end of this wiki.
    ^^^Pretty new development, yeah. And pretty F’ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Supporting cast used to mean normal non-powered civilians. it kept the heroes relatable and grounded. Now it seems most heroes just interact with other heroes. Often ones with similiar powers and codenames to the one they have.
    ^^^I've ranted about this several times.