Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I like ALL the Spider-Women... however a most should be given new names and/or themes.

Jessica Drew should be the one and only Spider-Woman

Arana should be the one and only Spider-Girl.

Julia should be Arachne or Arachne-Woman.

Cassandra Webb should be the one and only Madam Web.
    -her grandaughter Charlotte Witter should be a mutant who can absorb other's powers.

Silk is fine as silk.

Ghost Spider should keep that name.

Mattie Franklin should be given a new codename - Recluse.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Hulk had a storyline where Hulk-going by Doc Green ( Actually the Savage Hulk given Banner-level intelligence by Extremis instead of an alternate personality or Banner in control) actually depowered the Hulk family (largely created during Loeb and Pak's run) except for She-Hulk.

Of course this pretty much got undone in Immortal Hulk although the new gamma mutations were much more grotestque-looking (and Rick eventually got re-cured).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I would have Hank be Giant-Man (in his avengers forever costume) and leave Scott as Ant-Man. Switching would just be causing the same problem this thread is about.
    Can we do this idea (Hank as Giant Man) but have Scott still become Yellowjacket? That costume is too cool looking to go to waste
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Supporting cast used to mean normal non-powered civilians. it kept the heroes relatable and grounded. Now it seems most heroes just interact with other heroes. Often ones with similiar powers and codenames to the one they have.
    It's basically "Club Superhero" and regular people aren't invited. They even gave Mary Jane superpowers.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I honestly don't even know who's the official Spider-woman anymore (there seems to be a lot of Spider-women running around).
    I agree with the previous poster that symbiotes should be scaled back. Also, Venom and Carnage should be de-powered, they are too powerful.
    X-23 should simply go back to being X-23.
    Hank Pym should be restored to his real age. I actually liked Pym in his West Coast Avengers incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I honestly don't even know who's the official Spider-woman anymore (there seems to be a lot of Spider-women running around).
    The current Spider-Woman run is awesome. Issue 6 is out tomorrow!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Tony Stark is Iron Man, and he also doesn't have any fat that needs to be trimmed. Hal Jordan is a member of an intergalactic police force so multiple Green Lanterns are a given.
    Sure, but what if some fans consider them the fat themselves?

Bottom line, there's no reason to permanently get rid of characters in the least. It simply limits story possibilities. I mean, why do that?

Don't like a character? Simply skip any books they appear in. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Nah, they make the books more fun.
    Agreed.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It's not a Hawkeye situation. I think this may fall under them both being linked to the Nova Corps. Like Hal, Kyle, John and Guy are all called Green Lantern because they are members of the Green Lantern Corps
    I have to plead ignorance on this; are there any variation of Nova Corps left, black or gold? Or are Rich and Sam the only two left? Dependent on this, I would think a name change for Sam would be in order.

It's basically "Club Superhero" and regular people aren't invited. They even gave Mary Jane superpowers.
    Writers keep trying to push MJ into the superhero world, but (at least to me) it always feels so forced and out of place when she has to interact with them, much less go on adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post

Bottom line, there's no reason to permanently get rid of characters in the least. It simply limits story possibilities. I mean, why do that?

Don't like a character? Simply skip any books they appear in. Simple as that.

Agreed.
    Just curious as to why I’m asking. Why don’t you like Tony Stark? I’m often quite interested in why people don’t care for him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Writers keep trying to push MJ into the superhero world, but (at least to me) it always feels so forced and out of place when she has to interact with them, much less go on adventures.
    ^^^Yeah, Mary Jane’s superpower is being Mary Jane. Duh.

It means that they have no idea what a police force is, the concept that Green Lantern is built on?

There is a reason, you just disagree with it.

Don't like a character? Simply skip any books they appear in. Simple as that. Agreed.
    In a comics universe where a large (if not largest) selling point is that everything is interconnected? Haha it feels like I'm on an episode of Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Just curious as to why I’m asking. Why don’t you like Tony Stark? I’m often quite interested in why people don’t care for him.
    Not reading Iron Man right now but I think it may have to do with the "Once again Tony loses it all and alienates all his friends in the process and has to get it all back" thing. It tends to annoy people. It tends to happen a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^As long as neither of them become the Wasp.
    Too late Hank has already been The Wasp. download (5).jpeg

Not reading Iron Man right now but I think it may have to do with the "Once again Tony loses it all and alienates all his friends in the process and has to get it all back" thing. It tends to annoy people. It tends to happen a lot.
    You are so right. The Tony loses everything and has to rebuild has been done to death. It’s time to evolve.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark