Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 'Wolverine: Deep Cut', coming this July.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...told-adventure

wolvdeepcut2024001.jpg

To celebrate Wolverine’s 50th anniversary this year, Claremont is back with artist Edgar Salazar for an all-new Wolverine story set during one of the X-Men’s most beloved eras in WOLVERINE: DEEP CUT!

WOLVERINE: DEEP CUT sees Claremont return to the period when the X-Men operated out of the Australian Outback, and Wolverine was jetting off on secret adventures around the globe in his first solo series, also penned by Claremont. Now, witness Wolverine’s untold hunt before the Reavers’ brutal attack brought the X-Men’s time in Australia to a tragic end in UNCANNY X-MEN #251.

Out of the Outback on a life-and-death mission! Logan sets off from the outback, leaving behind what was left of the X-Men, for a mysterious mission. After decades of mystery, Claremont reveals just what Wolverine got up to before his unforgettable battle with the Reavers! Featuring sinister revelations and claw-to-claw confrontations with Sabretooth, this is an ideal entry-point Wolverine story for new and long-standing fans alike that simply cannot be missed!

"One of the amazing things about Chris Claremont’s work is how rich and multi-layered his X-Men stories have always been," Editor Mark Basso shared. "In UNCANNY X-MEN #246, he had to move Wolverine off-stage to get to the plethora of other characters and plotlines he had going."

"DEEP CUT is going to finally step back and show what there just wasn’t time or space to show of Wolverine before he returned in #251, and make good on that title in all senses of the word!" he continued. "And, in true Marvel fashion, the story here will stand completely on its own, so if you have no idea what those plots entailed, rest assured you’ve got a complete adventure in this series."

WOLVERINE: DEEP CUT will be Claremont and Salazar’s latest “retro pick” adventure with Wolverine, following the WOLVERINE: MADRIPOOR KNIGHTS series that launched earlier this year.

Ugh he is really running his legacy with Al these mid run he’s been since extreme x-men

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Ugh he is really running his legacy with Al these mid run he’s been since extreme x-men
    Madripoor knights isnt bad imo

Outback era = instant pre-order.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Outback era + Wolverine + Claremont = sounds like a fun mini. I've been really enjoying Madripoor Knights so this is a no-brainer.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Cool another retro mini. Im game
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 04-16-2024 at 01:32 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Man... I saw the thread title and was hoping this was the big announcement of the Capullo series.

I'll buy it, and I'm sure it'll be a fine read, but enthusiasm took a bit of a nosedive when I saw it was another "Chris Claremont's nostalgia tour series" title.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Outback era = instant pre-order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Outback era + Wolverine + Claremont = sounds like a fun mini. I've been really enjoying Madripoor Knights so this is a no-brainer.
    I'm in. I'd love for this to be just the start of Claremont playing in that era again.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Man... I saw the thread title and was hoping this was the big announcement of the Capullo series.
    LMAOO same man my face lit up when I saw this on twitter thinking it was the greg capullo announcement. I'll be reading regardless tho.

The greg capullo announcement will come one day lol and it'll be HUGE. I feel like larry hama is bound to write something other than the short story in wolverine #50. maybe he's working with him on a mini?

Fantastic Member

So, I guess Sabretooth runs into Wolverine after the events of Inferno, but around the time of the Spider-Man story the AssassinNation Plot where Creed has an appearance. Maybe Logan is going toe to toe with the Red Skull as he was behind the plot. I could imagine Logan and Schmidt having some violent past run in so it could fit. Especially as we know he was unbelievably tired when the Reavers attacked him in #251 which gave them the edge. Whatever the case may be, it is Claremont and Salazar and I am there for it.

I am also in but i'm not sure CC can still deliver.
    Last edited by X-Logan; 04-15-2024 at 04:40 PM.

There is a surprising amount of "missing time periods" for writers to go back to.

Claremont + Outback = i need it now

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Loved the 'Outback' era but Claremont has been hit or miss lately. I will have to see.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm interested. As long as its fun, hopefully it will be a good time.

Also heh Deep Cut, cause the story takes place in a very deep cut piece of mythology.