Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Greg Capullo is NOT doing the Wolverine solo book. Confirmes by Tom Breevoort on twitter. Also in excited it's a outback era set piece. Also a period piece like Madripoor Knight's which is awesome
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 04-16-2024 at 02:51 AM.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I love Outback era, one of the best ever. Burt this seems to be yet another Wolverine vs. Sabretooth story. I think I have seen more than enough of those.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Greg Capullo is NOT doing the Wolverine solo book. Confirmes by Tom Breevoort on twitter. Also in excited it's a outback era set piece. Also a period piece like Madripoor Knight's which is awesome
    That is correct. He's not doing the Wolverine regular series as per Breevort. Which still leaves the possibility that he's doing a mini series. Hence why I thought this might be what he's doing when I saw the thread title.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I am not sure I am interested in such nostalgia takeover after such oversaturation of nostalgia lately

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I am not sure I am interested in such nostalgia takeover after such oversaturation of nostalgia lately
    Listen I get why so many people an issue with all these nostalgia comics creeping in. But for some of us, the way the X-Men and Spider-Man books have been written has been alienating. I can't get into those books they make me feel angry, repulsed, and annoyed. So if Marvel doesn't publish books like these there is a chance that some of us will go months without picking up any X-Men books at all. IMHO, nostalgia tends to settle in when a large enough number of people don't have an interest in what is currently going on.

Extraordinary Member

I'm a fan of Claremont's and I'll judge this book like any other on the racks, but I have to agree. I just don't see how comics as a medium is supposed to move forward if it keeps on wallowing in the past.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm a fan of Claremont's and I'll judge this book like any other on the racks, but I have to agree. I just don't see how comics as a medium is supposed to move forward if it keeps on wallowing in the past.
    I mean, it's not like it's an ongoing or the main Wolverine book so it's ultimately pretty harmless in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's not like it's an ongoing or the main Wolverine book so it's ultimately pretty harmless in my opinion.
    Seeing how X-Men are going to be implemented in the new era, I don't think that's the case.

Uncanny: Outback era
    X-Men: Mutant Revolution
    NYX: NYX
    X-Force: 90s non Black Ops/CIA X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    So, I guess Sabretooth runs into Wolverine after the events of Inferno, but around the time of the Spider-Man story the AssassinNation Plot where Creed has an appearance. Maybe Logan is going toe to toe with the Red Skull as he was behind the plot. I could imagine Logan and Schmidt having some violent past run in so it could fit. Especially as we know he was unbelievably tired when the Reavers attacked him in #251 which gave them the edge. Whatever the case may be, it is Claremont and Salazar and I am there for it.
    That would be cool to see Logan take on the Red Skull. I don't think Schmidt would come out alive though, Logan isn't as nice as Rodgers lol!

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Listen I get why so many people an issue with all these nostalgia comics creeping in. But for some of us, the way the X-Men and Spider-Man books have been written has been alienating. I can't get into those books they make me feel angry, repulsed, and annoyed. So if Marvel doesn't publish books like these there is a chance that some of us will go months without picking up any X-Men books at all. IMHO, nostalgia tends to settle in when a large enough number of people don't have an interest in what is currently going on.
    I am incredibly sad that the Krakoa era is ending, but I also am enjoying these retro books. I love it when Marvel does this because it feels like there is something for everyone.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That would be cool to see Logan take on the Red Skull. I don't think Schmidt would come out alive though, Logan isn't as nice as Rodgers lol!

I am incredibly sad that the Krakoa era is ending, but I also am enjoying these retro books. I love it when Marvel does this because it feels like there is something for everyone.
    You are right, Logan would gut the Red Skull like he was nothing. He is not like Magneto who stupidly tried to torment the Red Skull over a period of days instead of just finishing the damn job. I like the idea of fans who can get into both lanes so to speak and enjoy the new with the nostalgia. I wish that I could be more of an open-minded fan and not so set in my ways.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I love Outback era, one of the best ever. Burt this seems to be yet another Wolverine vs. Sabretooth story. I think I have seen more than enough of those.
    Yet another, but this could be a quality one. Because as a fan of the rivalry I've not seen any stories with the two of them that are good, in a long time. Maybe The guy who created sabretooth could change that. Plus that cover is cool. I'm all in. Anything to get away from all the Krakoa crap.

Extraordinary Member

Seeing how X-Men are going to be implemented in the new era, I don't think that's the case.

I have to agree. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Krakoan era, but my hat was certainly off to Marvel for actually trying something new and (for the most part) succeeding with it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I don't know if Uncanny is really going to reference the Outback era outside the X-Men being in a new environment.

NYX seems like it's going to be very different from the original NYX book aside from featuring Laura.

I very much feel like Geoffrey Thorne is planning to do his own thing with X-Force.