View Poll Results: How should a new MC2 line be done?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Set in present, but everybody is 15 years older (reboot of original MC2)

5 22.73%
  • Set in present, but everybody is 15-20 years older (actual sequel of original MC2)

12 54.55%
  • Set in a close (15-20 years) future

6 27.27%
  • Set in the present, but with characters who aged in real time

5 22.73%
  • Other

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Imagine Valeria, lacking the more physical powers, not wanting to be all soft and squishy on the front lines, using her super-brain to modify the old Thing battlesuit that her dad made for when Ben lost his powers, by adding the extensor technology he used when Reed lost *his own* powers, and add some plasma rockets to the hands and feet, and adaptive camoflauge technology to the outer surface, and bam, she's a one-woman Fantastic Four! Rocky hide, extending limbs, stealth tech, fiery rockets! An image inducer built in for when she wants to pretend to be the Super-Skrull, for a laugh. Mostly tech already available to her, lying around the house, or relatively easy to justify with her crazy intellect, and she's right there bringing a lot of what her parent's generation brought to the table!
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The Thing battlesuit is a great idea, and I think of a fifth member who could wear it too: Tong! She would be delighted to yell "By the power of The Ben!"
    ^^^You guys are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That sounds amazing!

I'd love to see a 'Fantastic Friends' or 'Sensational Seven' or whatever, composed of the kids of some current FF members, and some of their peers and friends.

Imagine Valeria, lacking the more physical powers, not wanting to be all soft and squishy on the front lines, using her super-brain to modify the old Thing battlesuit that her dad made for when Ben lost his powers, by adding the extensor technology he used when Reed lost *his own* powers, and add some plasma rockets to the hands and feet, and adaptive camoflauge technology to the outer surface, and bam, she's a one-woman Fantastic Four! Rocky hide, extending limbs, stealth tech, fiery rockets! An image inducer built in for when she wants to pretend to be the Super-Skrull, for a laugh. Mostly tech already available to her, lying around the house, or relatively easy to justify with her crazy intellect, and she's right there bringing a lot of what her parent's generation brought to the table!

Retire the old school members, give them valid reasons to remain 'off-camera' (ambassadorial status, off-world, political office, engaged in secret negative zone research, whatever) and not show up every issue to bail their teen and twenty-something kids out of this week's jam, and it could be a great book.
    I still remember Valeria von Doom as Marvel Girl. that was cool!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I still remember Valeria von Doom as Marvel Girl. that was cool!
    I'd murder to read a good book set forty years in the future, where Valeria now rules Latveria, as the adopted daughter of the (deceased? storming hell to recover the soul of his mom? Who cares, sir-not-appearing-in-this-comic!) former ruler, Victor Von Doom!

Reed is *not* amused. Especially at family reunions where Queen Valeria cheekily reminds him that he should bow before royalty.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Oh man I’d love to see that!
    tumblr_memsxysuQj1qa6xpso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_memsxysuQj1qa6xpso2_1280.jpg

May "Mayday" Parker/Spider-Woman design

Here you go. All by Ron Frenz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If there was a sequel to the MC-2 Universe, wouldn't that also be a prequel to the 2099 universe?

It's funny thinking of a time when Mayday is middle aged and Migel O'Hara is a toddler.
    MC2 and 2099 are different future timelines. MC2 is the "good future" where things didn't go completely to s***, the world is mostly in one piece, and the heroes' legacies have endured. 2099 is the cyberpunk-infused "bad future" where all the heroes of old are dead and gone while ruthless and corrupt megacorporations have become the dominant powers of the world and are so utterly, transparently wicked and downright evil that Doctor Doom overthrowing them in favor of establishing his own regime is literally a dramatic and marked improvement. That said, the idea of a Peter Parker descendant or grandchild somewhere in 2099 . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

^^^Thank you!

So who would be the new Illuminati? I'm thinking Moon Girl, Valeria, Amadeus Cho, Riri, and Nadia off the top of my head.

Would MC2 sell in today's market?

You could have the New Champions as the up and comers.

^^^Fair enough, but I’m envisioning a best case scenario.
    I like Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron. It's kind of weird to think that they haven't been the new guys for well over a decade.

At this point, an actual sequel to MC2 might have the characters 25 years older than they were when the MC2 kicked off.

Mayday Parker would have celebrated her 40th birthday. Little Ben may be looking for work after grad school. It'd be fun to hire DeFalco for an MC3 mini-series.

Potentially featuring the grandchild of Norman Osborn and Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-18-2024 at 07:20 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    Would MC2 sell in today's market?
    A limited series approach like 2099 could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I like Matt Fraction and Jason Aaron. It's kind of weird to think that they haven't been the new guys for well over a decade.

At this point, an actual sequel to MC2 might have the characters 25 years older than they were when the MC2 kicked off.

Mayday Parker would have celebrated her 40th birthday. Little Ben may be looking for work after grad school. It'd be fun to hire DeFalco for an MC3 mini-series.

^^^One of my favorite parts of the Spider-Girl book was the Parker/Osborn dynamic. The soap opera aspect of it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    So who would be the new Illuminati? I'm thinking Moon Girl, Valeria, Amadeus Cho, Riri, and Nadia off the top of my head.
    Prodigy from X-Men and Young Avengers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

One idea that popped into my head a while back was having a scene where Pete finds out he's a grandpa.... but it's April's child.

doing an MC3 with children of the MC2 cast would be a neat opportunity for hilarity. Especially if they remember the minor characters... like what has Magneta been doing since we last saw her? She grew tired of the Mutant Supremacy thing after losing to Spider-Girl... what's she done since then? Also a Magneta jr might be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    ^^^Almost forgot; Reed Richards is still around in the MC2…:

So are a few other original Illuminati members (Namor and Doc Strange, ottomh). A fun plot might be the old Illuminati going up against a new generation one in a shadow war, w. our heroes being used as pawns until they start putting things together anyway.

^^^Almost forgot; Reed Richards is still around in the MC2…:

So are a few other original Illuminati members (Namor and Doc Strange, ottomh). A fun plot might be the old Illuminati going up against a new generation one in a shadow war, w. our heroes being used as pawns until they start putting things together anyway.
    Oooh... who in MC2 would be the X-Men Illuminati-wannabe? Jubilee doesn't feel right, but she's a major team lead now. So, it'd make more sense if it's someone like Kid Omega sneaking around in the shadows.

Yes, you have Magneta and her wannabe Brotherhood... but.... Magneta didn't have enough influence to actually matter. It wasn't like in the Asteroid-M era when the Acolytes have a proper secret base and massive resources, no, this is more like OG Brotherhood who are just guys causing trouble. Perhaps less resources than that.

Fun fact: That old school Marvel comics approach of "because Mutant" as an explanation for why a character has super-powers got used a LOT in Spider-girl. there was several of her high school classmates. And that's why Jubilee showed up.