View Poll Results: How should a new MC2 line be done?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Set in present, but everybody is 15 years older (reboot of original MC2)

5 21.74%
  • Set in present, but everybody is 15-20 years older (actual sequel of original MC2)

12 52.17%
  • Set in a close (15-20 years) future

7 30.43%
  • Set in the present, but with characters who aged in real time

5 21.74%
  • Other

1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Alas, yeah. Speaking of an older Power Pack, I still think it was a missed opportunity that we didn't get a similar expansion and development of the next generation of heroes in the Renew Your Vows ongoing continuity that we got in MC2, especially after the original RYV miniseries had the Power Pack being friendly with Annie.
    I really would have liked to see the newish character Gravity totally replaced with a teen Jack with the gravity powers he used as 'Jumpin' Jack.' Same age group. Same basic power (quite a bit less, actually, which makes him a bit more fun than 'loses his temper and destroys Las Vegas, killing thousands' Gravity, IMO).

Similarly, 'Molecula, Mistress of Density' had a pretty amazing power, shrinking to make herself strong and tough, or expanding into a giant gaseous form. Seeing her get hooked up by either Kymelian tech or some Earth-genius scientist who already works in that field (like Pym) with the ability to use her power on *other stuff* (I just turned this wall into a vaporous state, so we can all run through it! Oh crap, it was structural, now the building is collapsing! I just shrank the doohickey we need to get out of here, and made it nearly indestructible in the process, so the bad guys can't break it! Problem... it weighs the same, is someone really, really strong?) All sorts of whacky fun possibilities!

The oldest kid, who ended up with the 'Destroyer' power IIRC, was, IMO, the least interesting. All the angst of Sam Guthrie, zero of the gawky charm.

I would be well up for seeing more MC2 stuff, esp if it was 'real time' instead of static.

A 3rd Gen would be great, I really want to see J2 as a dad, or Hulk's boy discovering he has gamma powers , or the latest generation of Alpha Flight...

Let's get a What If...? to start and see if it sold like Spider-Girl's did back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    Let's get a What If...? to start and see if it sold like Spider-Girl's did back in the day!
    ^^^Full circle, I’d love that!

Incredible Member

I for one would love to see Marvel revisit this concept as it gave us some interesting concepts and was a future that wasn't complete utter **** for a change.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I for one would love to see Marvel revisit this concept as it gave us some interesting concepts and was a future that wasn't complete utter **** for a change.
    I definitely love the idea of a future that isn't some Mad Max post-apocalyptic hellscape, where the heroes of our generation obviously completely failed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I definitely love the idea of a future that isn't some Mad Max post-apocalyptic hellscape, where the heroes of our generation obviously completely failed.
    Or worse, like 2099, a cyberpunk-style hellscape where megacorporations took over the world and perverted the legacy of those heroes with the intent to weaponize and profit from them. Granted, it backfired in the case of the guy who became Spider-Man 2099 and the harbinger of the New Heroic Age, but still.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd really enjoy seeing J2 and Wildthing as older more responsible heroes.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd really enjoy seeing J2 and Wildthing as older more responsible heroes.
    That would be pretty cool, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd like to see a new Punisher as part of a new MC2 lineup of heroes.