Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No its not.
    If you're going to make a rebuttal use actual details from the show and movie, saying no doesn't mean anything if you can't back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, maybe not so consistently...and the issue with synergy is when they tried hard to make the team ape the movie, which didn't hit well.
    The main issue with the Guardians if we're being completely honest here is that they gave the book to Bendis, and Bendis very famously is incapable of writing a good story with anything other than street level characters, and decided to copy the movies because they were popular, along with his own dumb story decisions that had nothing to do with the movies at all and now every writer afterwards has to deal with what he did.

Just like what he did to X-Men

I'd take young and in his prime Hank over both Old Man Hank and Pymtron (though I like Michael Douglas).
    But of these two things, which one did Marvel do for years?
    Heck they didn't even need to make Hank old, they could've just had him teaming up with Scott, Nadia, Janet.
    There are other ways to have synergy with the movies in ways that would've been better than what they actually did.

I think it's more just her personality.
    But it's also because the term mutant doesn't have significance to the characters yet.
    If the X-Men had been previously introduced into the MCU and it was widely known what mutants Kamala would've been over the moon to find out she was one of them.

Bluebird

In any case, this whole thing is probably the most clumsiest and most convoluted way to force MCU synergy in the comics since introducing a guy that looks like the MCU Nick Fury into the main Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    In any case, this whole thing is probably the most clumsiest and most convoluted way to force MCU synergy in the comics since introducing a guy that looks like the MCU Nick Fury into the main Marvel U.
    Yeah more so since MCU Fury is based on an Ultimates character.

Amazing Member

I don't know I kinda think that Dead Languages shows why they made her into a mutant. I would imagine if she still had the pull as a solo character they could of have her death be in her own book but they don't seem to believe she has that demand anymore so the story had to take place in another characters book. Making her a mutant is a way to keep her a relevant character and build up her popularity in books where she will have visibility and have a higher chance of selling. Then in theory once she has a large enough following you could potentially put her in a solo book alongside group books like Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    The main issue with the Guardians if we're being completely honest here is that they gave the book to Bendis, and Bendis very famously is incapable of writing a good story with anything other than street level characters, and decided to copy the movies because they were popular, along with his own dumb story decisions that had nothing to do with the movies at all and now every writer afterwards has to deal with what he did.

Just like what he did to X-Men
    He was definitely a bad choice for the book but he was also very much put by design to be on the book to make it match better with the movies and get more buzz for it.
    But of these two things, which one did Marvel do for years?
    Heck they didn't even need to make Hank old, they could've just had him teaming up with Scott, Nadia, Janet.
    There are other ways to have synergy with the movies in ways that would've been better than what they actually did.
    I would be fine with an Ant-Man Family book as well, but obviously Hank has never been a priority for Marvel (partially because they push Scott more because of synergy).
    But it's also because the term mutant doesn't have significance to the characters yet.
    If the X-Men had been previously introduced into the MCU and it was widely known what mutants Kamala would've been over the moon to find out she was one of them.
    That may very well be true but it's also very in-character for Kamala to define herself on her own terms and not what other people label her.

I want to say he doesn't have that level of control to do that...but given how they shove the MCU into comics at times i could be wrong.