Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would Lex Luthor think of mutants?

In most incarnations Lex Luthor hates Superman because he believes that Superman is holding humanity back. In his eyes humanity became soft and lazy and too reliant on Superman so much so that they stopped aiming for the stars. He views Superman as a threat to humanitys future because of that. There is also jealousy involved but this is his rationale. So if Lex were to be teleported to MU, how would he feel about mutants? Would he hate mutants similar to how he hates Superman or would he think mutants are the true potential of humanity? I feel like seeing Storm bringing rain to drylands would invoke hate and disgust in him similar to the one he feels towards Superman.

He'd probably be a leader in Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He'd probably be a leader in Orchis.
    Either this or he would be sinister. injecting himself with x-genes. Though given luthor i could also see him making the argument this is why aliens are coming to impede the natural evolution of humans by having beings like superman protecting them which in essence weakens their natural evolutionary response thereby creating some superman haters.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Swiss army nerd

The second someone uses the term "homo superior" and isn't referring to Lex himself, he'd make it his mission to make sure everyone knows what a mistake that is.

Ultimately, Lex would view them the way he views everyone else in the world. As tools in his toolbox, to be used in the furtherance of his plans and to demonstrate why he's better than the Alien.

"So let me get this straight. This boy - this hellion - actively fights against mutant oppression and demands equal rights? While all of you mutants kowtow to humans and beg for acceptance? He doesn't hold back humanity, coddle them and stunt their growth for his own desires? He actively creates change through his efforts, through his keen intellect and power. And he's a natural leader who pushes his people forward? And you turn your back on him, even though he's clearly beloved and popular with the fans? Come, Mr. Keller. I think you will go far if you join me."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    "So let me get this straight. This boy - this hellion - actively fights against mutant oppression and demands equal rights? While all of you mutants kowtow to humans and beg for acceptance? He doesn't hold back humanity, coddle them and stunt their growth for his own desires? He actively creates change through his efforts, through his keen intellect and power. And he's a natural leader who pushes his people forward? And you turn your back on him, even though he's clearly beloved and popular with the fans? Come, Mr. Keller. I think you will go far if you join me."
    Lol it turns out Mr. Keller is the real Superman.

Assets.

He will see them as Assets or very Sinisterlite.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He's DC. That says it all what I think about LL.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

His first thought would be thus... "there exists a group of superpowered beings who are being persecuted. How do I turn this to my advantage?" Because that is all he thinks about.

Astonishing Member

Doesn't that depend on which interpretation of Lex Luthor on has to consider?

Specifically the mad scientist and the shrewd businessman versions.

Though in either case the likely answer would be to consider how he could profit from them.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    In most incarnations Lex Luthor hates Superman because he believes that Superman is holding humanity back. In his eyes humanity became soft and lazy and too reliant on Superman so much so that they stopped aiming for the stars. He views Superman as a threat to humanitys future because of that. There is also jealousy involved but this is his rationale. So if Lex were to be teleported to MU, how would he feel about mutants? Would he hate mutants similar to how he hates Superman or would he think mutants are the true potential of humanity? I feel like seeing Storm bringing rain to drylands would invoke hate and disgust in him similar to the one he feels towards Superman.
    Lex doesn't really believe that at all, though. That's merely the excuse he uses to justify his behavior. He's a narcissist who's bitterly jealous of Superman for winning the hearts and minds of the common people. He claims he could fix everything wrong with the world if Superman didn't exist, but like Supes always retorts, Luthor just doesn't care enough to bother trying.

I think Lex would see mutants as just another resource to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Lex doesn't really believe that at all, though. That's merely the excuse he uses to justify his behavior. He's a narcissist who's bitterly jealous of Superman for winning the hearts and minds of the common people. He claims he could fix everything wrong with the world if Superman didn't exist, but like Supes always retorts, Luthor just doesn't care enough to bother trying.

I think Lex would see mutants as just another resource to exploit.
    Yeah he's jealous of Superman because he thinks Superman steals the attention from him but like you said that's how he rationalizes his hate to himself. It's like Doom using Reed as the scapegoat for everything wrong in his life.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Yeah he's jealous of Superman because he thinks Superman steals the attention from him but like you said that's how he rationalizes his hate to himself. It's like Doom using Reed as the scapegoat for everything wrong in his life.
    Personally, I think Lex would find Apocalypse REALLY triggering. "Quivering ape, I am he who has stood at the dawn of civilization. The first, the last, the greatest. Who are YOU to challenge the Apocalypse?"

Lex's rage-filled eyes would bulge until they popped listening to one of those monologues.

Just ask/look at Norman Osborne and you'll get the answer.

Lex doesn't really care about metahumans/mutants...unless it makes him money.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

A confrontation between Lex and Magneto would be something I didn't even know I wanted.