Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Can I just say how much I love it that Sinister is actually a proper evil, serious threat again, and not the joke the Krakoan era turned him into??

I think they’re clearly leaning into him as he will be the initial big bad of the X-men MCU films.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    It was cool to see such a prominent Marvel character with no ties to the X-corner of the universe like Ronan show up this episode... even if he was there mostly to get beaten on by Glads and Deathy.
    It looked like they were doing the fallout from the Kree/Shiar war from the late 90's, when the Shiar swallowed up the Imperium after the events of operation galactic storm. Which was interesting because the Shiar are considered an upstart empire in the galactic community and the Kree have been around for at least a billion years. But '97 seems to have reversed their standing. Also, Deathbird being strong enough to fight Ronan 1v1 was kind of surprising. He should have been able to squash her like a bug. Not even Gladiator should have had that easy of a time of it.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Ep 6 is probably my least favorite episode so far. Motando was at least creative with games.

Is it what we get without DeMayo?
    Agreed. I just didn’t connect with the Forge/Storm thing because it feels like they barely know eachother.

That and Lilandra/Xavier are not interesting lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nightcrawler replaced Magneto in the intro. Mags is dead. I look forward to Storm's new look being added next week
    I'm not really convinced. The way that episode depicted his "death" avoided showing a body, had an easy out of why the Sentinel thought he was dead, and felt much more blatant with the permanence of Gambit's death and the focus on that. It didn't feel like the way they'd have written it if he were actually gone. It feels like his leadership of the X-Men wasn't really explored yet and there was more to do there. I'm pretty sure he's in one of the ads in a scene we haven't seen yet, but I'll have to do a rewatch to be sure.

The opening credits just reference who isn't currently on the team. Storm has been absent since losing her powers, hasn't she? Magneto not being there because he's presumed dead makes sense, especially if his survival is meant to be a surprise.

Also, Xavier sensed Remy's death in this episode but not Erik's, right?

I don't know, I could be wrong, but it just feels like this is a fake-out because of how it's been done so far.

That 'Milky Way Ghetto' line is going to stick with me for a few days LMAO.

Glad to see Storm getting her powers back and getting a Sailor Moon henshin. Sinister gave me the fucking creeps at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    Can I just say how much I love it that Sinister is actually a proper evil, serious threat again, and not the joke the Krakoan era turned him into??
    Krkoa Sinister would have been a lot cooler if they hadn't nerfed him so hard and turned him into a mustache twirling wimp. They gave him a fun, manic personality at the cost of utterly defanging him. Watching Emma snarking at him and easily disrupting his schemes for four years, when she was terrified of him during Messiah complex because he could solo entire X-teams by himself and was a stronger telepath then she was, got old.

The only bigger disappointment of the era was making Betsy Captain Britain without giving her any of the power. She should have been Hulk level. Instead, it was just Psylocke wearing a Union Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    That 'Milky Way Ghetto' line is going to stick with me for a few days LMAO.
    She was such a bitch. But she OWNED it. NGL, that's how Emma should have been portrayed last week.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Krkoa Sinister would have been a lot cooler if they hadn't nerfed him so hard and turned him into a mustache twirling wimp. They gave him a fun, manic personality at the cost of utterly defanging him. Watching Emma snarking at him and easily disrupting his schemes for four years, when she was terrified of him during Messiah complex because he could solo entire X-teams by himself and was a stronger telepath then she was, got old.

The only bigger disappointment of the era was making Betsy Captain Britain without giving her any of the power. She should have been Hulk level. Instead, it was just Psylocke wearing a Union Jack.
    True.
    I originally hoped he was behind all the out of character moments ..and by the time he was,it was out of character for him.

I'm very happy with X-Men 97 for reminding me that X-Men can actually be good and thought provoking

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    She was such a bitch. But she OWNED it. NGL, that's how Emma should have been portrayed last week.
    Miss Frost had her moments! That shade she threw at Dr. Cooper's dress was hilarious too LOL.

BANNED

Miss Frost had her moments! That shade she threw at Dr. Cooper's dress was hilarious too LOL.
    Yeah, I was going to say that Emma had some pretty good lines in that episode.

I agree! She had a small part but she was on point! I hope we see more of her this season!

And the real not Morph Betsy!
    A picture would last longer darling...

The episode wasn't the best but it was good. Storm's transformation was fabulous. Xavier parts also showed why I never liked the Shi'ar. They are expansionist pricks trying to act civilized and all. The same can be said about the Kree and the Skrull but those guys got bruised up far worse than the Shi'ar ever did in the comics.

Was anyone else surprised that they went with the classic Storm look? I thought they would do the 90s costume she had with the anime hair

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Was anyone else surprised that they went with the classic Storm look? I thought they would do the 90s costume she had with the anime hair
    Her old school costume looks so good in animation, though! God, I want to see the 80's uncanny team assemble now. We've already got Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops and Nightcrawler. Now we just need a certain Russian construction worker to quit his job and join the band.