Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought this was a bit of a flat ending. At this point, Moira and Xavier feel like totally different characters - I feel no connection to them at all. Cannonball felt pretty out of character, hero-worshipping Magneto in the middle of a battle and relying on Frenzy for orders. The panel layout of the speech at the end was cool, but the dialogue felt forced and cheesy. I’m ready for this messy event, and the era as a whole, to be over.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Solid issue and series overall. I hope that what happens here is actually used in the remaining few issues of the Krakoa era because it could have some huge impact on the end of the story.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Decent issue, and a nice way to close out this miniseries. The dialog was pretty corny and sappy, but maybe that's what people need right now? Not thrilled that Moira is basically cemented as a cheap villain, and the disrespect of Xavier continues even during their greatest trials. Without Xavier, they would have nothing, yet they still bash and trash him. Many of them have made the same choices he has. This must not be the same Rachel that stole all the X-Men's life essences to fight The Beyonder without asking them! She made a decision for the good of all. How can she sit on her high horse and judge Xavier for the same things?

The ideas in this mini seemed too important to be relegated to just four issues. I think it should have at least had five issues. The Fall of X has been all over the place, but Dead X-Men turned out better than every issue of the awful Fall of the House of X.

Spectacular Member

I'm glad to have collected this entire mini. A shame David, Ali, Cagill, and Sam have to take a hard backseat for Brevoolt's era...(Especially David and Frenzy who are BLACK....)

Everyone has a right to oppose Xavier even if he's saving Krakoa, but they're not the ones that are going to stop him. Not even Scott in Fall #4 I'm reading, but not collecting. This issue is all continuity meshing in it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A fitting ending for a very engaging and well-written mini. I loved seeing this group of characters in action together as Foxe wrote the hell out of everybody. Thankfully we still have the Heir of Apocalypse to read from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherflash View Post
    I'm glad to have collected this entire mini. A shame David, Ali, Cagill, and Sam have to take a hard backseat for Brevoolt's era...(Especially David and Frenzy who are BLACK....)

Everyone has a right to oppose Xavier even if he's saving Krakoa, but they're not the ones that are going to stop him. Not even Scott in Fall #4 I'm reading, but not collecting. This issue is all continuity meshing in it.
    David just got announced for NYX! Fingers crossed at least one of the other remaining 3 is in X-Factor.

Fantastic Member

Yes, I didn’t understand Sam‘s characterization at all. I could understand being rusty him being a new father at all, but he came off as a rank amateur.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    David just got announced for NYX! Fingers crossed at least one of the other remaining 3 is in X-Factor.
    Kudos to him though.... But this summer is already underwhelming at best. I'll see what he's up to on NYX.

I'm sad this is over, it was enjoyable throughout.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Rachel’s dead team > her mother’s red team.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I knew that Phoenix vs Dominion was gonna happen. Might be in Powers #5 as Fall looks like just beating Nimrob and Orchis. Wish everything would end spread I'm ready for From the Ashes
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

So...no one else was confused by whether it was the M'Kraan crystal or if it mysterium. It was treated as interchangeable but mysterium doesnt glow. was this a mistake in editing?

Fantastic Member

this was awful when will it end foxe has been so so strong on all his other x-work but this was bad.......of course more rachel summers and braddock, enough with them and now they get to headline x-force ughhh what a waste of 4 issues

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    this was awful when will it end foxe has been so so strong on all his other x-work but this was bad.......of course more rachel summers and braddock, enough with them and now they get to headline x-force ughhh what a waste of 4 issues
    Forgive me, but what issue were you reading?

The only Betsy in this issue was an alt universe one for one panel and she didn't factor at all in the rest of the issue.