Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    Maybe the Gala and him being blackmailed to push mutants into the gates in order to save humanity broke him?

I dunno.
    Both him and Moira are now out of character. I hope Proteus was right when he said, "You are not my mother"

Even dumber is the fact that neither he nor Rahne were involved in the entire Moira storyline.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I've never been more ready for the new writers to take over. I trust Simone, McKay, and Ewing to handle these characters much better than this.

Exhausting to see Xavier getting character assassinated yet again, but now in such an unsalvageable way. I can't believe I was a Duggan truther like a year ago lol

The difference in quality and character nuance between Duggan and Gillen is incredibly. It's sad that the Krakoa era is ending with a whimper. They really should have let Gillen and Ewing write the whole finale by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I've never been more ready for the new writers to take over. I trust Simone, McKay, and Ewing to handle these characters much better than this.
    Same. I am done with this era due to how badly Marvel mishandled the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m starting to understand why certain writers “own” characters and don’t let them appear in other books while under their purview. Duggan’s motivations for Xavier don’t make any sense. We have two Gillen issues next week, so maybe we’ll get some explanation but this seems impossible to salvage. Gillen’s Xavier is in a place where he’s being horrible because his squarely focused on defeating Enigma and the AI. Now this Xavier is being horrible because he essentially gave up?
    Well said. They feel like two different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    also the Nimrod menagerie line is a tee up for the Mutant Reservation in HOX/POX
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, based on the end of RotPoX #3, Xavier clearly has a plan. He put something in Moira’s mind
    This is very true. Thanks for the reminder.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This is the first issue (4/5) in the mini that stuff happens. The real downfall is not putting Pepe Larraz on this book. The lackluster art makes it hard to believe this is a series event. I like LW but this has not been his best work.

I'm confused as to where Wolverine, Kitty, Synch are and the Dugganverse timeline.

I'm bummed still no Iceman.

The Rockslide/Wrongslide bit was touching and I am glad was followed up on.

Xavier is a hot mess but I'm interested at least....

Wake me when Mother Frost takes down Xavier.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I know we are being critical of Duggan but remember this is all being rushed because Daddy Feige wanted it so.

But on the other end editorial could have done a way better job at making it not rushed by not having certain story beats dragged out for two years.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Feige wanted it to end?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know we are being critical of Duggan but remember this is all being rushed because Daddy Feige wanted it so.

But on the other end editorial could have done a way better job at making it not rushed by not having certain story beats dragged out for two years.
    I've been an advocate of Duggan but the timeline of Fall of X has be horrendous. I blame editorial perhaps most of all. What a disservice to a beloved era.

Is there source for the Fiege/Krakoa stuff?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I've been an advocate of Duggan but the timeline of Fall of X has be horrendous. I blame editorial perhaps most of all. What a disservice to a beloved era.

Is there source for the Fiege/Krakoa stuff?
    I was just going by an article where he wanted Kamala's death to happen because of MCU synergy.

So I'm just applying that to the X-Men side because the change happened so fast its the only thing that makes sense.

It was an interview with Cody Ziglar I believe.

I think the main issue was sales. They were too low and so the X-Office was ordered to be overhauled and Brevoort was brought in. My guess is corporate said the Krakoan era had to end by this date/timeframe and the new era had to start shortly thereafter/asap.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Yeah the only person I genuinely feel bad for is Lucas Werneck, because he switched from working with Gillen to doing this finale and his work has never looked more rushed. While you can tell Gillen and Ewing may have quickened the pace on some things, their quality has stayed fairly consistent. On the other hand… it’s like Duggan and editorial (would putting out a reading order/ guide have killed them?) got their two week notice and said we’re just gonna turn in whatever.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-17-2024 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah the only person I genuinely feel bad for is Lucas Werneck, because he switched from working with Gillen to doing this finale and is his work has never looked more rushed. While you can tell Gillen and Ewing may have quickened the pace on some things, their quality has stayed fairly consistent. On the other hand… it’s like Duggan and editorial got their two week notice and said we’re just gonna turn in whatever.
    And that's the thing that's irksome. Gillen and Ewing pivoted and came out strong. We still have a little more of Gillen's work to go but I feel good about where he's taking us. Duggan understandably had a lot on his plate with Uncanny Avengers, Iron Man (which to me is his strongest work), adjectiveless, and Fall. The weight of all that work is felt for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    And that's the thing that's irksome. Gillen and Ewing pivoted and came out strong. We still have a little more of Gillen's work to go but I feel good about where he's taking us. Duggan understandably had a lot on his plate with Uncanny Avengers, Iron Man (which to me is his strongest work), adjectiveless, and Fall. The weight of all that work is felt for sure.
    This may be my bias, but part of that feels like a bit of an ego thing? It seemed like Duggan was fine being the lead voice for FoX and writing all these titles UNTIL the rug got pulled out from under them. He even completely stopped doing interviews, whereas other writers were still promoting their FotHoX Work. I also feel like certain other creators sort of got pushed out of the office, who could have easily taken on some of those titles. But alas, I’m getting into speculation territory.