Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And new writers should have been brought in but they started acting like a Krakoa clique of writers.
    They literally did bring in new writers, though. Just in Fall of X alone they brought in Deniz Camp and Steve Foxe. Iman Vellani and Sabir Pirzada. Torunn Grønbekk. Louise Simonson.

I liked this issue a lot more than the previous, that being said it still had a lot of flaws as have been pointed out already. I really need there to be a twist on what Xavier is doing, I know he can be morally gray but this is so far beyond that, he wouldn’t be redeemable, my guess is (after reading Dead X-Men) he is basically sacrificing all of the X-Men Jean loves to jump start the Phoenix in her and banking on the Phoenix to undo his mess. Kind of a cop out ending but I think that is one of the only ways besides another Moira reset that things end up like they do for the relaunch. I keep saying this but the dialogue for Nimrod just takes me out of the story. I think Duggan is trying to mimic Nimrod the lesser from HoX/PoX but it’s not quite as nuanced as Hickman, but Hickman also had been working on this for years and Duggan is having to rush the ending so I have to forgive him for that.

What I really enjoyed about this was everything with Apocalypse and the renewed crucible. I wish that was explored more but at least we got this call back, and the way Duggan wrote Wrongslides sacrifice was so well done imo, it’s like he is super hot and super cold in the book lol.

I also would’ve liked a little bit more of a fight scene with the X-Men and Nimrod/OS but we got what we got. Overall I’d give this issue a 7/10.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Hey remember how Magneto warned Storm not to leave Xavier alone to his own devices due to the things that he’d do in desperation and then she left him alone and everything went to Hell? Yea I’m starting to think that she should have heeded his warning.

Where The people saying Duggan wasn’t Austen status ?? This man really one of the worst x-writers ever

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

This man the worst Cyclops writer ever

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Where The people saying Duggan wasn’t Austen status ?? This man really one of the worst x-writers ever
    I concur with your assessment. Having Apocalypse killing mutants to feed Krakoa was the height of stupidity. Krakoa can only be strengthened by the killing of mutants? Couldn’t siphon off the hundreds of mutants with Apoc?!!! So bad.
    Having Emma brush off Scott with a statement about “handsy-men” is just so bad and reeks of what I have been reading in Marvel for the last two years. I am not even going to mention Xavier.
    This story and writers of this series can’t end soon enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Hey remember how Magneto warned Storm not to leave Xavier alone to his own devices due to the things that he’d do in desperation and then she left him alone and everything went to Hell? Yea I’m starting to think that she should have heeded his warning.
    I didn't read Resurrection of Magneto. Did Storm or Magneto ever acknowledge this? Or that she probably made things worse by trying to keep Magneto's warnings a secret from Xavier?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'm not defending anyone, but it's very in character for Apocalypse to kill mutants to feed Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    I had such high hopes.... but now I cannot wait for this era to be over.

This issue was just one big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I didn't read Resurrection of Magneto. Did Storm or Magneto ever acknowledge this? Or that she probably made things worse by trying to keep Magneto's warnings a secret from Xavier?
    It was sorta kinda acknowledged. First they fight as Max repeats, “I told you to watch him!”. Then Magneto is eventually like… damn I probably shouldn’t have left him to retire on Mars in the first place.

Tbh I kinda hate the infantalization of Charles. This man is way too grown for anybody to be “taking the blame” for his horrific behavior, especially when he’s shown manipulating everyone around him as seen in RotPoX.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-17-2024 at 03:24 PM.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

It makes zero sense that Nimrod, who is literally programmed to destroy mutants, would ever trust a mutant, let alone the MAIN mutant, Charles Xavier. Under a competent writer, Nimrod and Omega would have just instantly vaporized Xavier. Gerry Duggan, lacks any fundamental understanding of the X-Men, their history, characters, lore, and Jonathan Hickman's initial character work, and it shows in this nonsensical, incoherent mess of a comic. Five dollars for this, his latest roll of toilet paper...really disappointing!

Makes zero sense that Apocalypse should judge mutants for abandoning Krakoa, because just months prior, Apocalypse himself abandoned both Krakoa AND Arakko to be with his stupid wife who was touted as so powerful, but who's only power we could see has been she was a gardener that accelerates plants growing. He literally abandoned his people because some silly witch told him to. Now to come back and perform some blood ritual and complain about mutants is laughable. And "Machines, the weapons of Cowards"...Gerry Duggan, have you ever read any comics with Apocalypse in them? His entire existence is built around his adoption of technology to prolong life, and empower himself and mutants. One more indication that Duggan has no freaking clue what he is doing, and was just too lazy to use Marvel Unlimited subscription to do basic research.

And I am so tired of them turning heroes into villain. Now yes, we know Xavier has made some questionable choices, but this takes the cake. I am so sick of them trashing his character, and trying to make him into a monster and the X-Men's greatest threat. Without Xavier, none of this would exist! This man sacrificed his life (literally) for his people over and over again. He has had to make so many tough decisions for their greater good, and this is how such a character is treated? Rubbish!

Can't wait until this whole mess is over in a few months. I never want to see Gerry Duggan's name on another X-Men comic.

This was pretty boring but at least not offensive. Still think gillien is the worst writer of this era after Spurrier. Way of x was something else. Duggan has been hit or miss.

Mutants are deviants... Lmao.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I don't mean to dogpile, but seriously what's happening between Fall, Rise, X-men, and Forever I just don't understand why we don't have a better crafted story. I'm literally lost on exactly where we're supposed to be in the story and each issue fills pages doing mostly nothing with maybe a panel or two moving along the actual story. A shame really.

I wanted to mention that X-Men Forever is being collected as a volume of Immortal X-Men.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

https://www.amazon.com/IMMORTAL-X-ME...s%2C114&sr=1-2
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wanted to mention that X-Men Forever is being collected as a volume of Immortal X-Men.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

https://www.amazon.com/IMMORTAL-X-ME...s%2C114&sr=1-2
    Well Gillen already admitted that it was supposed to be issues of Immortal anyway. I think branding it as X-Men Forever was just the old tired tactic of "relaunching" for a sales bump that has become status quo for the X-line and comics industry. Same with Resurrection of Magneto The state of the industry is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I don't mean to dogpile, but seriously what's happening between Fall, Rise, X-men, and Forever I just don't understand why we don't have a better crafted story. I'm literally lost on exactly where we're supposed to be in the story and each issue fills pages doing mostly nothing with maybe a panel or two moving along the actual story. A shame really.
    The sad part is that it was revealed in an interview that this was by design. They wanted you to be confused and finding out things the same time as the characters did etc etc. That hardly ever works, and it's only made worse by large portions of the story being terrible. Just a mess.
    Last edited by Saturius; 04-17-2024 at 04:00 PM.