Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I'm torn on that; I don't understand the impulse to vilify Charles Xavier to this degree, though at least this time they foreshadowed the hell out of it -- "what good men will do to prove their good" and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I really, really, REALLY hope there is a swerve with Xavier. He didn't need to get the Beast treatment. Plus, the plan is just downright dumb. Why he offered and the machines accepted it is nonsensical unless betrayal is in the cards.
    I’m starting to understand why certain writers “own” characters and don’t let them appear in other books while under their purview. Duggan’s motivations for Xavier don’t make any sense. We have two Gillen issues next week, so maybe we’ll get some explanation but this seems impossible to salvage. Gillen’s Xavier is in a place where he’s being horrible because his squarely focused on defeating Enigma and the AI. Now this Xavier is being horrible because he essentially gave up?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Apocalypse and the blood bath was just gross. Krakoa is also gross.

Krakoa:
    Attachment 138917

Keep them as villains.
    Completely agree, I see nothing to sustain them long term to be considered anything but villains.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

also the Nimrod menagerie line is a tee up for the Mutant Reservation in HOX/POX

Extraordinary Member

That data page conversation between the two makes no sense at all. At no point is there any indication Nimrod should take any deal or that Charles can even offer anything.

Ultimate Member

I'm confused.

This puts Xavier squarely in villain territory. No ifs or buts here. Sacrificing humanity for mutants is crazy.

Why?

The art though servicable really made it confusing as to what was happening as well. I had to go back to the previous issue to see where everyone was supposed to be.

Extraordinary Member

I'm convinced there is going to be a timeline reset that erases a lot of the Duggan story, but that's no excuse for this writing.

I mean, based on the end of RotPoX #3, Xavier clearly has a plan. He put something in Moira’s mind

I am hoping you will make the right decision in the end.
    That you think of something other than yourself.
    Listen, Moira..

And you will forget all of this.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I'm giving this Issue a 6/10.

It was Ok? I guess. I don't understand Xaiver's Logic here. It' like Charles never learns and now he's Villain. *sigh* ok I guess.

I LOVED the Storm Moment, but the art doesn't seem to match up with what characters are saying. Like Nimrod said they are "near, this solar system's Sun" if that's so why is Sentinel City positioned above Earth? Wasn't it by Mercury? Like i'm so confused.

And I don't understand why the Hell are we having a Crucible during War time like Sentinels are flying over them and Apocalypse wants a crucible? It's just....i'm sorry dumb.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 04-17-2024 at 09:30 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

I mean...that one page of Storm was really good. The rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm confused.

This puts Xavier squarely in villain territory. No ifs or buts here. Sacrificing humanity for mutants is crazy.

Why?
    Maybe the Gala and him being blackmailed to push mutants into the gates in order to save humanity broke him?

I dunno.

Ultimate Member

But why do writers like turning "good men" bad? Morally grey shouldn't equal evil. There should be some nuance.

Xavier has been dragged through the mud for years and this is basically the nail in his character's coffin.

It's interesting that the man that literally dedicated his life to human and mutant harmony and set-up the original X-men and Krakoa era has gone against everything he's stood for.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    Maybe the Gala and him being blackmailed to push mutants into the gates in order to save humanity broke him?

I dunno.
    Perhaps.

I hope there's a swerve coming from somewhere because it's like the Hank McCoy situation all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I really, really, REALLY hope there is a swerve with Xavier. He didn't need to get the Beast treatment. Plus, the plan is just downright dumb. Why he offered and the machines accepted it is nonsensical unless betrayal is in the cards.
    Right. I'm really just done with evil Xavier. Starting to make me think he's related to Raven from the Teen Titans.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.