Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this issue was truly bad. The dialogues and captions were simply atrocious - Duggan wrote a confrontation that should have been epic as something terribly pedestrian and it felt like he was just ticking boxes while waiting for the grand finale. The spotty art didn't help either, the only thing I would salvage is that beautiful last page.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wanted to mention that X-Men Forever is being collected as a volume of Immortal X-Men.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE.

https://www.amazon.com/IMMORTAL-X-ME...s%2C114&sr=1-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Well Gillen already admitted that it was supposed to be issues of Immortal anyway. I think branding it as X-Men Forever was just the old tired tactic of "relaunching" for a sales bump that has become status quo for the X-line and comics industry. Same with Resurrection of Magneto The state of the industry is sad.
    Yeah it's all very stupid.

It's obvious Resurrection of Magneto was supposed to be X-Men Red and Defenders volume 3 mashed together.

Why did the cancel the books and not just let them continue their respective titles?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah it's all very stupid.

It's obvious Resurrection of Magneto was supposed to be X-Men Red and Defenders volume 3 mashed together.

Why did the cancel the books and not just let them continue their respective titles?
    This is what stops me from being excited about from the Ashes.
    The likelyhood that none of the titles will be proper ongoings, just extended limited series,which will constantly be relaunched.

Astonishing Member

It all makes sense.

Well Gillen already admitted that it was supposed to be issues of Immortal anyway. I think branding it as X-Men Forever was just the old tired tactic of "relaunching" for a sales bump that has become status quo for the X-line and comics industry. Same with Resurrection of Magneto The state of the industry is sad.
    The real truth.

The ending is just so uncoordinated and frankly seems disrespectful to Hickman/Fans/era itself. You couldn't have spent another 3-6 months mapping it out better?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member

The sad part is that it was revealed in an interview that this was by design. They wanted you to be confused and finding out things the same time as the characters did etc etc. That hardly ever works, and it's only made worse by large portions of the story being terrible. Just a mess.
    I will say I’m really enjoying fall of x, but I am not reading this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It was sorta kinda acknowledged. First they fight as Max repeats, “I told you to watch him!”. Then Magneto is eventually like… damn I probably shouldn’t have left him to retire on Mars in the first place.
    I see. That's a little disappointing. I like Storm, but it felt like the writers were afraid to make her wrong during this era. The only real "issue" I can remember they tried to pin on her, was her not being there for either Council when stuff went down. But that's something she had zero control over and would have happened to anyone but Multiple Man in her position, so it's not even a character flaw or a result of her making bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Tbh I kinda hate the infantalization of Charles. This man is way too grown for anybody to be “taking the blame” for his horrific behavior, especially when he’s shown manipulating everyone around him as seen in RotPoX.
    I'm kind of iffy with Xavier because yeah, he should be responsible for his own actions. He's done a lot of bad stuff and has experienced decades of people pointing out flaws he just can't seem to fully deal with. But on the other hand, he was a known risk and there were a few opportunities to diffuse this ticking time bomb. While a lot of people should have stepped in and did something, Ororo told Magneto on his deathbed that she'd at least try to do something about him, so she took responsibility for it. Xavier is a problem that he can't deal with on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The real truth.

The ending is just so uncoordinated and frankly seems disrespectful to Hickman/Fans/era itself. You couldn't have spent another 3-6 months mapping it out better?
    I mean, it seems that they were literally not given the time to do that, no.

Astonishing Member

I thought Prof. X would try to cut a deal with the Dominion, not Nimrod.

Everytime I read these recap threads I'm happy I dropped the x-titles months ago.
    ic
    I've seen this trend of turning father figures into villanous characters more and more. Black Panther's father was turning into a jerk (basically all past BPs were); everytime theres a flashback to Gotham's past one of the Waynes are if not the villain at least massives a-holes; Odin is basically a raging alchoholic misogynistic xenophobic facebook uncle, they even gone as far as resurrecting Jor-El just to turn him into a genocide. Xavier is just the one that is more than a mere supporting character in the main hero story.

We basically know he will be stuck in this role for the near feature with the prisioner x thing, but I hope at some point some writer does with him what Ennis did with the Punisher Angel arc, just ignore it and move own.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I thought Prof. X would try to cut a deal with the Dominion, not Nimrod.
    I just wanna know how Xavier got from No-Place X after killing Rachel to Orchis' green room with seemingly no issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"I, Apocalypse, demand that all of you mutants basically kill yourselves in ritualistic combat to save this overgrown tree, but don't fight too hard since I need to defeat you all to save Krakoa."

I am not opposed to the idea of Xavier doing something radical like this, because he made clear in Rise that the alternative to killing Moira was going to be much worse. A man like him wouldn't say that sort of thing so lightly and he seemed genuinely torn over it at that time.

Thus the problem is not the concept, on paper. Rather, the issue is with the execution. This wasn't a very convincing presentation of his reasoning.

Perhaps Gillen will be able to salvage this turn and introduce more nuance, such as Xavier having a much more elaborate plan in mind and this is only a part of the puzzle, but for now...it feels awkward.

Please let this be over soon

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I know we are being critical of Duggan but remember this is all being rushed because Daddy Feige wanted it so.

But on the other end editorial could have done a way better job at making it not rushed by not having certain story beats dragged out for two years.
    Its not being rushed. They've been writing Fall of X since last summer. The wasted time with all them minis that didnt move the story last fall and thats on Marvel. There was plenty of time to craft a decent story. This end has been dragging on forever

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I do not Like Krakoa and Fall is bad. Xvior I do not like I. This issue. Where is Coexistence. Thr X-men need it bad the mutants ate acting like old Magneto getting Genoaha in the 90s seperationists. I never liked that. I hope Nimrob and Orchis Fall and Phoenix destroys the ultimate Sinistrt already it's taking forever
    X-Men Forever