Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Young Sherlock Holmes had one in 1986 introducing Moriarty...

Not really a scene but the right at the end of the credits of Phantom Menace has a sting of Vader's iconic breathing.

The Muppet Movie and Cannonball Run were the first two stingers I remember.

If you want a nice database of stingers, https://aftercredits.com/ lists them all.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Airplane! Has a taxi driver still waiting his customer...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Airplane! Has a taxi driver still waiting his customer...
    Good one! But it's the passenger still waiting for Ted to get back as the meter's been running the entirety of the movie.

Even bearing in mind what ChrisIII said on the previous page (post #11), the Internet seems pretty united on Dean Martin’s 1966 Matt Helm movie “The Silencers” having the first ever post credit scene.

Mighty Member

No one mentioned Masters of the Universe yet?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Harold and Kumar 2 - NP Harris lives!

I vaguely remember having seen a post credits scene in Doctor Detroit film made in 1983. But that was decades ago, so I don't remember it well.

Kind of curious which ones were sequel bait that never happened. Masters of the Universes's "I'll be back!" is one (Not counting MAC AND ME because that happened at the end of the actual film)

Even James Bond kind of had one, "James Bond will return in For Your Eyes Only" was originally at the end of Spy Who Loved Me, but FYEO-although it did eventually happen-was delayed a few years because they wanted MOONRAKER to cash in on Star Wars.

Kind of wonder what would've happened had FYEO been made first, and not been part of a reaction to MOONRAKER's silliness by being a more down-to-earth Bond film (although still with elements of Moore camp).

Or MOONRAKER made afterward, or not influenced by Star Wars and made about a giant space station raining toxic gas down on Earth/space shuttles and astronauts with lasers etc. Maybe something like GOLDENEYE or DIE ANOTHER DAY, which both include elements of the original novel, in which a War criminal who has reinvented himself as a rich man tries to get revenge on Britain.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Masters of the universe 2 the cyborg. Canon was planning to make it and spider-man and lost the rights to both and didn't have the money to reget them so they took the budget and sets for both and rewrote the he-man script a little adding R rated stuff and change the names and it became the movie cyborg!

Ironic tv airings still listed it as masters of the universe 2 the cyborg when it aired on tv!

In fact, tv guide still lists it as he-man 2 to this day!

https://www.tvguide.com/movies/maste...gs/2000116744/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I vaguely remember having seen a post credits scene in Doctor Detroit film made in 1983. But that was decades ago, so I don't remember it well.
    You mean someone else saw this?

Some classics.

Gremlins 2 had daffy popping up in the credits and him and porky post credits.

Boisterously Confused

It didn't make the theatrical cut, but I remember reading that Donner's Superman: The Movie was going to have a post-credits teaser of the missile Superman redirected from New Jersey hitting the phantom zone and Zod, et al. drifting toward earth.