Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So Johns and Frank doing Earth One Batman was wrong choice according to you?
    In a way I do think so. Looking back at Earth One I'd say Johns, JMS, Morrison and Lemire are all good writers but none of them were exactly bold new picks, which I think is a vibe you could get from all their books.

Earth One GL is the only one they didn't go for an obvious choice and I think it's not a coincidence that it's the best book imo. They should give promising new creators (aka not people who have been writing the main Marvel and DC books for over a decade) a lot of creative freedom if they want it to work this time.

I think part of the problem with Earth One was the graphic novel format so it came out so infrequently.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So Johns and Frank doing Earth One Batman was wrong choice according to you?
    I read the first one, so that's a strong "YES" from me. Lol.

I am perpetually thankful that Johns didn't give himself a run on Batman. Dude has proven time and again that he cannot write him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of the problem with Earth One was the graphic novel format so it came out so infrequently.
    This was definitely big part of it. It's really hard to get invested in an imprint that may or not release a book in a year. Black Label has stumbled a few times (months long breaks) but is still far more consistent.
    Last edited by exile001; Yesterday at 04:52 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that was the main issue. The books themselves were decent but hard to stay interested when they come out so infrequently.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; Yesterday at 05:17 AM.