Page 3 of 671 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Why am I hearing the cartoon voice actors when I read this? This usually never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by rightsuperhero View Post
    The New Teen Titans (1980s) had the best action sequences. Some of my favorites were in issue 18 and 19.

Attachment 1786
    +1. Perez was awesome!
    image.jpg

I just got around to reading the Judas Contract story again and boy was that a great read. One of the all time classics in DC in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jphu8414 View Post
    I just got around to reading the Judas Contract story again and boy was that a great read. One of the all time classics in DC in my opinion
    My all time favourite!

The original and still the best Teen Titans for me. Just add Cyborg, Starfire and Raven.
    I preferred Mal Duncan as the New Guardian.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    For me I think my favorite era would need to be Teen Titans volume 3 (2004-2011) by Geoff Johns and current Justice League United artist Mike McKone. It looked really fresh and clean and drew on the legacy aspect a lot between the team, their Titan predecessors and their mentors in the Justice League. I really loved that iteration of the logo as well!

I've read the first 5 issues of this version after checking out this thread. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Wow 20 years of back issues! That's a lot of catching up I guess the Titans were pretty quiet in the 90's though weren't they? I think I vaguely remember Team Titans which I haven't been brave enough to read yet. The New Teen Titans series was excellent, those books have a really high quality feel to them also compared to other books of the time, I think they had better paper quality

I miss Young Justice too, what a great series! I'm still hoping that one day it gets picked up again (or a similar kind of series) by someone who can make it work without toy sales to keep it alive.

Great pics dupersuper!

Can anyone pick what this Titans picture by Cliff Chiang is an homage to?

Team Titans isn't really worth reading unless you want to know every little bit of Titans history.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Wolfman and Perez will always be my favorite.

Time to kill the mood: I haven't read the New 52 Teen Titans, but I've heard absolutely nothing but awful things about it. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?
    It is as bad and more, if you are a really big fan of the original through Wolfman/Perez and when they were just called the Titans.
    The Nu52 Teen Titans lost the 2 most important parts of the Titans, sense of growing up and family. I know they wont really have the growing up part because that's just how the old history went and that wont happen for a while, if it even happens. The Titans were just the original sidekicks hanging out on the weekends fighting crime and they all had important roles and places that felt natural. In the Nu52 relationships and conflict with the other Titans feels forced and not many of the members are likable. I hate the fact that this team is the first incarnation of the team. I don't like the roster at all and I don't get why they are called the Teen Titans because Donna Troy came up with the Titans part and in the Nu52 Cassie doesn't like superhero names and team names. Probably the biggest reason for me not liking the Nu52 Titans besides the bad writing and horrible colors and art, would be that the orignal sidekicks never started the team and in fact most don't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I feel like the last great writer for this team was Johns. After he left the title, I feel like no other writer could really portray this team well. Since the reboot, this team has been a wreck and I really hope this new relaunch can really turn things around for this team/franchise. I feel like Marvel is doing well with its teen titles while DC has utterly failed since 2011, which is upsetting considering its success with animated Teen Titans and Young Justice cartoons.
    Didn't like Johns run on Titans because of the needless retcons he did so character motivations and back stories could fit on how he want to view things.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    Attachment 1785

Man I'd kill for that team in the new relaunch!
    Least favorite Titans team IMO

Ultimate Member

Far FAR from it in mine. I generally enjoyed Johns run. It wasn't perfect and it went on a bit too long imo, but still good overall. I also noticed that DC is re-releasing Volume 1 of the Wolfman/Perez run this December, so I'll have to pick that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Far FAR from it in mine. I generally enjoyed Johns run. It wasn't perfect and it went on a bit too long imo, but still good overall. I also noticed that DC is re-releasing Volume 1 of the Wolfman/Perez run this December, so I'll have to pick that one up.
    How long is the volume and when in December?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How long is the volume and when in December?
    Well, it said December on the website than I found. However, it says September 23 on Amazon (so maybe it's available earlier there). Both websites say that it collects NTT #1-8.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Least favorite Titans team IMO
    Fair enough. Who would be your ideal line-up for a new title or re-launch?

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    Fair enough. Who would be your ideal line-up for a new title or re-launch?
    Well since the New 52 is supposed to be a reboot I would've had the Fab Five (Dick Grayson as Robin, Donna Troy as Wonder Girl, Garth or Kalder as Aqualad I like both, Wally West as Kid Flash and Mia Deardren as Speedy just to change things up)

I would only add 2 more members about halfway through the series so it doesn't get to crowded like I think it is now. I would add Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle but it bothers me that Ted hasn't been Beetle yet. The last member is between Mal Duncan and Lilth, I'm trying to stay away from Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, and Cyborg is with the Justice League.