Page 308 of 671 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    ^This^ That was cringey AF. Abnett has no idea what to do with Garth.
    Yeah, this was the worst part of the issue.

Thumbs up More crap from Abnett -- Evil Donna Troy and Dead Wally West

Dan Abnett seems to be trying very, very, very hard to make Titans fans hate, loathe and despise him.
    And it's totally working...

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com

the Titans series won’t want to miss out, either.

In December, Titans #18 by Dan Abnett, Minkyu Jung, and Mick Gray has “The Rise of Troia” with a dead Wally West, defeated Titans, and Donna Troy fighting Troia, a twisted angry version of herself from the near future.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ossover-event/

Well, I guess this means Troia can't ever be a nickname for Donna again now that Troia is officially going to be a super-villain.

And yes, Wally West is really dead.

I am sorely tempted to spew nothing but profanity and name-calling. But I won't. Reading this, I'm just mad as hell--and very, very relieved I dropped Titans from my pull list. God, what a mess. What a stinking, rotting pile of crap this book has turned into. Thanks a lot, Abnett.

Don't much care for the name Troia but then again it's all Donna's got, despite there being an adult Power Girl and an adult Batgirl, two Flashes and six human Green Lanterns, she still can't reclaim the title Wonder Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Don't much care for the name Troia but then again it's all Donna's got, despite there being an adult Power Girl and an adult Batgirl, two Flashes and six human Green Lanterns, she still can't reclaim the title Wonder Girl.
    Exactly.

I said this in the Wally West thread, but it bears repeating: I do not think the majority of Titans fans are or ever were clamoring for a dead Wally West, an evil version of Donna Troy or seeing the whole team defeated.

I genuinely enjoyed the Titans Hunt mini-series, but Abnett's ideas of giving fans a "good" Titans book are baffling, bizarre and flat-out wrongheaded. All he's succeeding in doing is alienating many long-term Titans fans who love both the team and its individual members. There are so many cool ideas and interesting twists and turns you could take with the team and this cast.

Killing them, turning them evil or having them defeated aren't among them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I said this in the Wally West thread, but it bears repeating: I do not think the majority of Titans fans are or ever were clamoring for a dead Wally West, an evil version of Donna Troy or seeing the whole team defeated.
    And again, Terror of Trigon. And our you seriously objecting to team being defeated? You realize that tends to be what happens in many stories before the team ultimately emerges victorious.

Dan Abnett seems to be trying very, very, very hard to make Titans fans hate, loathe and despise him.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09...ossover-event/

Well, I guess this means Troia can't ever be a nickname for Donna again now that Troia is officially going to be a super-villain.

And yes, Wally West is really dead.

I am sorely tempted to spew nothing but profanity and name-calling. But I won't. Reading this, I'm just mad as hell--and very, very relieved I dropped Titans from my pull list. God, what a mess. What a stinking, rotting pile of crap this book has turned into. Thanks a lot, Abnett.
    She will probably 'reclaim' her Troia nickname after she defeats Evil Donna, and even still, I'm aware it's not going to be half as good as this was.

RCO021_1469577474.jpg
    RCO022_1469577474.jpg

Still, I've been asking for a Donna arc, and I have to stick around unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I don't want Donna go to back to WG, not because it's the opposite of character development even if it is, but also because considering her relationship with Diana it doesn't make sense right now imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    And again, Terror of Trigon. And our you seriously objecting to team being defeated? You realize that tends to be what happens in many stories before the team ultimately emerges victorious.
    Why are you talking to me like I'm an idiot? Did I personally insult you? No. So knock it off, please, and be respectful.

Everything Abnett is doing is repeats and reruns of the darkest moments of the Titans' past. As a Titans fan of 40+ years, I expect better of any writer on this franchise. Where is Linda Park? What will Wally and Donna do outside of wearing costumes and punching super-villains? Do any of the other Titans have lives outside of the Tower? What about their roles in other books--Dick in the Batbooks, Garth in Aquaman, Roy in Green Arrow, et cetera?

You don't have to clone every dark and depressing storyline from the lowest points in their lives to come up with interesting ideas for engaging plots and compelling characterization. You can have a mix of both good and bad equally and craft something fresh by combining a mix of disparate elements.

All Abnett is doing is picking the worst moments of their history and hitting repeat. He can and should do better.

Why are talking to me like I'm an idiot? Did I personally insult you? No. So knock it off, please, and be respectful.

Everything Abnett is doing is repeats and reruns of the darkest moments of the Titans' past. As a Titans fan of 40+ years, I expect better of any writer on this franchise. Where is Linda Park? What will Wally and Donna do outside of wearing costumes and punching super-villains? Do any of the other Titans have lives outside of the Tower? What about their roles in other books--Dick in the Batbooks, Garth in Aquaman, Roy in Green Arrow, et cetera?

You don't have to clone every dark and depressing storyline from the lowest points in their lives to come up with interesting ideas for engaging plots and compelling characterization. You can have a mix of both good and bad equally and craft something fresh by combining a mix of disparate elements.

All Abnett is doing is picking the worst moments of their history and hitting repeat. He can and should do better.
    Agreed that Abnett is rehashing the Wolfmann hits, but the remakes are never as good as the originals. I'd love an issue where they just...hang around for a change, not all has to be character development in a book. For example, I love issue #8 of the Rebirth Superman and it's literally they hanging out as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Agreed that Abnett is rehashing the Wolfmann hits, but the remakes are never as good as the originals. I'd love an issue where they just...hang around for a change, not all has to be character development in a book. For example, I love issue #8 of the Rebirth Superman and it's literally they hanging out as a family.
    Thank you.

You don't have to resort to death, dismemberment, betrayal and complete and utter destruction to craft a rewarding story that excites the fans (and increase sales).

You don't have to make your stories all happy or all sad, all violent or all peaceful. You can mix it up. And there are so many dangling subplots left untouched that need to be explored. What about Linda Park? She's a reporter and now she knows her history was changed...and she is doing (as far as we know) absolutely nothing to discover the truth. Good reporters seek out the truth--and Wally does love her.

And Donna just found out all the Amazons lied to her and implanted false memories in her head. Where's the backstory on that? Donna is going to do NOTHING, say NOTHING about that?

There are so many possible paths to a good story. All of them don't have to be absolute darkness and adversity. These are characters who had full lives with careers, love interests, family and friends outside of their teammates. Let's see more of that, please!

Mighty Member

Why are you talking to me like I'm an idiot? Did I personally insult you? No. So knock it off, please, and be respectful.
    Then you should calm down. I understand that you may be frustrated by the direction, but you are letting a two line solicitation about an issue that hasn't come out (and it sounds like you've already decided not to read) send you into an epic rant about how things are the worst they've ever been, using a hyperbolic style that actually undercuts your argument. Worst case scenario: it is not a very satisfying story, but this is comics, where no matter how much you might not be happy with a current direction, things can always turn around. Dead characters can always come back, new writers can always be found, and old names can always be reclaimed.

Then you should calm down. I understand that you may be frustrated by the direction, but you are letting a two line solicitation about an issue that hasn't come out (and it sounds like you've already decided not to read) send you into an epic rant about how things are the worst they've ever been, using a hyperbolic style that actually undercuts your argument. Worst case scenario: it is not a very satisfying story, but this is comics, where no matter how much you might not be happy with a current direction, things can always turn around. Dead characters can always come back, new writers can always be found, and old names can always be reclaimed.
    LOL.

I've been a comics fan since 1973. You are not telling me anything I do not already know.

Also, and this is important--I never said "things are the worst they've ever been." Please do not put words in my mouth which I never wrote.

And you ignored all of my valid points about the Titans' characterization from the past that Abnett is completely ignoring himself. You can write good Titans stories with positive events as well as negative ones. So far, Abnett is only selecting the bad stuff which is very one-dimensional and also limiting his own options for stories as a writer.

Mighty Member

LOL.

I've been a comics fan since 1973. You are not telling me anything I do not already know.
    Well, you haven't been acting like you know it.

Also, and this is important--I never said "things are the worst they've ever been." Please do not put words in my mouth which I never wrote.
    From this thread:

What a stinking, rotting pile of crap this book has turned into.
    From the Wally West thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight
    Abnett has rapidly turned into one of the worst Titans writers of all time.
    I really don't have to put words in your mouth. Your words speak for themselves.

And you ignored all of my valid points about the Titans' characterization from the past that Abnett is completely ignoring himself. You can write good Titans stories with positive events as well as negative ones. So far, Abnett is only selecting the bad stuff which is very one-dimensional and also limiting his own options for stories as a writer.
    I would love to see more of the character's lives outside of the Titans. But what Abnett is choosing to focus on is the relationship between the group, which is centered more at the tower. That's his approach, which is perfectly legitimate. There's a difference between what you want to see and what's good. Besides, there absolutely have been positive events in this book and this current arc (which again, I'm also dissatisfied with). After all, the theme of the book has been the strength of this team's friendship and the last issue had a lot of strong positive scenes that reflected that. Look, it's one thing to be dissatisfied about the direction of the book and to share that opinion. It's another to say that Abnett seems intent on making Titans fan hate him (which you also totally said). You may make valid points, but you are wrapping them up in a hyperbolic style that undercuts itself.

Well, you haven't been acting like you know it.

From this thread:

From the Wally West thread:

I really don't have to put words in your mouth. Your words speak for themselves.

I would love to see more of the character's lives outside of the Titans. But what Abnett is choosing to focus on is the relationship between the group, which is centered more at the tower. That's his approach, which is perfectly legitimate. There's a difference between what you want to see and what's good. Besides, there absolutely have been positive events in this book and this current arc (which again, I'm also dissatisfied with). After all, the theme of the book has been the strength of this team's friendship and the last issue had a lot of strong positive scenes that reflected that. Look, it's one thing to be dissatisfied about the direction of the book and to share that opinion. It's another to say that Abnett seems intent on making Titans fan hate him (which you also totally said). You may make valid points, but you are wrapping them up in a hyperbolic style that undercuts itself.
    Again...I never said "things (with the Titans) are the worst they've ever been."

I understand that it is what you inferred from what I posted. But I did not say it and was not implying it. There have been worse runs of Titans (which is a another topic in and of itself). But yes, I did say that Abnett is one of the worst writers that's ever been on the book. That isn't the same as saying this is the worst run of Titans ever which I do not think it is.

As far as using hyperbole to illustrate my points, I don't need your permission to do so. And yes, there is a difference between exaggeration for effect and being literal. You can choose to take everything I say literally; that does not mean I meant it literally. I would prefer you ask my intentions instead of jumping to conclusions about what they are. We've never met and are not able to communicate face-to-face. Please ask what I mean or ask what my intentions are instead. Unless you're Lillith, you can't read my mind so please ask. Thank you.

And thank you as well for acknowledging that I made valid points. Much obliged.

Mighty Member

If We wish hard enough will Abnett get moved from Titans like Hitch did and someone else take over?

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    If We wish hard enough will Abnett get moved from Titans like Hitch did and someone else take over?
    Maybe! You never know