Page 625 of 671 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    their is no such thing as orange people so did you want
    What is that grammar?

Gamora is a green character yet she somehow magically appeared green on screen in multiple movies.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Has anyone seen this?

Straight hair and TV friendly kory suit.

What do all you guys think?
    The hair is definitely much better, but the suit is eh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like this one better

Attachment 72426

Not sure about the pink yoga pants in the other picture, but I like her clothes here, It's casual and understated, but not ugly like the club clothes. I like the steel armband, and that hair is gorgeous.

Raven's black cloak looks good. until she lifts off her arms and you see that it's like tattered rags and she wears casual clothes that show her belly button. I'm not expecting her to wear the high slit dress, she's like 14, but instead of scary she comes off like adorable teenager playing dress up. Well, the character's young so that characterization is not bad, actually. Just on that picture she looks good.
    Raven's costume still looks too much like casual clothes for me, but at least she's got her gem on her forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What is that grammar?

Gamora is a green character yet she somehow magically appeared green on screen in multiple movies.
    MCU has a bigger budget than a t.v show, rather they spend it on her powers & the villain.

It's still a little ugly but is much better than the homeless hooker look she had in the promos. Really, what the hell were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    MCU has a bigger budget than a t.v show, rather they spend it on her powers & the villain.
    Star Trek all I'm saying.

Fantastic Member

Just read this week's issue of Teen Titans and I have to say I am really enjoying this run. I love all the characters in this run, they have their disagreements but still care one another. I like how Glass plays with the expectations of the readers and turns them on their head. Djinn and Damian continue to be really cute. Can't wait for the next issue!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    their is no such thing as orange people so did you want
    There are such thing as people with golden complexions though.

Starfire originally had a golden complexion.
    Her brief boyfriend Franklin Crandall chalked up her complexion to being a Mediterranean tan in the comics.
    Cyborg even called her Goldie a lot.
    Speedy had referred to her as Tawny Vixen.
    Kory also used to have a secret identity and she hid her Starfire identity by covering her alien green eyes with sunglasses.
    All this suggests that she originally had a type of human skin color of gold,tan

I am multiracial (a little more than half SubSaharan African, a little less than half European, a little Amerindian) person with light brown skin with gold overtones. I tend to refer to my skin color as tan.

There are lots of people with greatly varied racial compositions with golden,tan complexions
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Man, I’m still waiting for someone to really do something with Lady Vic. She can be way more than just a fodder villain. Overall the issue was good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like this one better

Attachment 72426

Not sure about the pink yoga pants in the other picture, but I like her clothes here, It's casual and understated, but not ugly like the club clothes. I like the steel armband, and that hair is gorgeous.

Raven's black cloak looks good. until she lifts off her arms and you see that it's like tattered rags and she wears casual clothes that show her belly button. I'm not expecting her to wear the high slit dress, she's like 14, but instead of scary she comes off like adorable teenager playing dress up. Well, the character's young so that characterization is not bad, actually. Just on that picture she looks good.
    I actually really like this outfit for Raven. It reminds me a lot of this look from her 2016 mini:

51i2tp2CwzL.jpg
    Last edited by JinSoul; 10-21-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    There are such thing as people with golden complexions though.

Starfire originally had a golden complexion.
    Her brief boyfriend Franklin Crandall chalked up her complexion to being a Mediterranean tan in the comics.
    Cyborg even called her Goldie a lot.
    Speedy had referred to her as Tawny Vixen.
    Kory also used to have a secret identity and she hid her Starfire identity by covering her alien green eyes with sunglasses.
    All this suggests that she originally had a type of human skin color of gold,tan

I am multiracial (a little more than half SubSaharan African, a little less than half European, a little Amerindian) person with light brown skin with gold overtones. I tend to refer to my skin color as tan.

There are lots of people with greatly varied racial compositions with golden,tan complexions
    The thing is that I'm not sure that Kori's "golden" complexion was trying to be a human color skin at that time. Even the characters calling her "Goldie" or "Tawny Vixen" can be an expression.

The only example you mention that Kori skin can be considered a human skin color is her secret identity only needing sunglasses. Even that, it can be just a strange handle of secret identity.

It's also important mention that the skin of Kori being Orange (not a human color) is something very extended in the actuality.

Ultimate Member

Star Trek says HI.

In fact Syfy's Sanctuary says hi too-with its green screen.

https://gizmodo.com/375590/first-ent...w-coming-to-tv

Sci Fi has announced that they'll be producing Sanctuary, television's first entirely green screen show.
    It's not impossible to make her look like her comic book counter part in live action.

Now the question would be what would she have to wear for it to work.

I mean how many hours would it take in make or dressing to make it work?

How are they handling Beast Boy's skin color?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    How are they handling Beast Boy's skin color?
    He’s green when transforming, he’s white when he’s not.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is that I'm not sure that Kori's "golden" complexion was trying to be a human color skin at that time. Even the characters calling her "Goldie" or "Tawny Vixen" can be an expression.

The only example you mention that Kori skin can be considered a human skin color is her secret identity only needing sunglasses. Even that, it can be just a strange handle of secret identity.

It's also important mention that the skin of Kori being Orange (not a human color) is something very extended in the actuality.

There is no way that she can have a secret identity if she had a skin color that wasn't of a human skin coloring
    People would recognize right off the bat that she's Starfire if her skin color didn't look human
    The public didn't know that Kory Anders was Starfire at first

She had golden colored skin, and she was called Goldie a lot by Cyborg.
    Changeling also called her Goldie at times.

Dick also mentioned her being a gold-skinned alien in New Teen Titans issue #39 which was focusing on Raven and her powers,feelings for Dick. Dick told Kory about dreams of making love to Raven. Kory talked to Raven and helped her sort out her feelings, and they became very close friends. Dick let Kory know that he moved his stuff in her apartment, and that was when he referred to her as a gold-skinned alien.

In the prologue in New Teen Titans issue #1, the narration mentions as lithe,golden girl fits into the star-slider, her slim hands expertly darting across the computer console
    that was after she killed some Gordanians while she was making her escape aboard the slaveship

Why would Roy call her Tawny Vixen if her skin color wasn't Tawny or similar.
    Why not just call her Vixen? Why not call her Gold Vixen or Golden Vixen?
    He specifically called her Tawny Vixen when he gave her a big surprise kiss in a random way which led to her accidentally blasting him with her starbolt power.

Tawny is in referring to being tan

Franklin Crandall did tell Kory that he chalked up her complexion as being a Mediterranean Tan, and that strongly suggests that she had a human looking skin color
    that was in New Teen Titans issue #16

in the last issues in the New Titans, her skin looked more brown than golden or yellowish

any ways...she wasn't always orange skinned in the comics
    she was originally golden skinned and she was that way into the early 2000s

I have read these comics, and so I know what the hell that I am talking about.
    I am not making crap up or trying to be right just to be right.
    I am actually stating facts from what I have seen and read from the actual comic pages.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-17-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Body paint isn't that expensive.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics