Page 546 of 671 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    As far as live action Robin costumes go, this is probably as good as you can get
    Totally agree that he looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Kinda preferred how it looked when we could better see the colors.

Looked a little sleeker too.

I'm also guessing from the new series description that we're getting early Wolfman/Perez Starfire who was much more "hot-headed."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    And what correlation does it have with Damian? Damian fought a bunch of mooks. The other 2 fought actual supervillains. If you're going by accomplishments then Damian failed to save the restaurant and its owner. Each character starred in 3 distinct stories that never overlapped with each other so none of the characters impacted each other on any level. Many even feel that Emiko's story was the best.

This ridiculous obsession with using Damian as a measuring stick needs to end. Its grating now, he's Robin, Son of Batman and has had a strong publication history so he's going to have a massive leg up over newbies like Crush, Djinn and Roundhouse anyway who have been specifically created for him or a character like Emiko who directly owes her existence to hin. Nu Wally has been a disaster from day one and Aquaman franchise cant be bothered to give a crap about Aqualad(any of them). Its not Damian's responsibility to carry these characters and make them look good but he's atleast doing the former. Remove Damian and this incarnation completely crashes.DC also made it clear who this run was going to be centered on. I'm not on board the train yet but DC made no attempts to hide that "Damian is getting HIS generation".
    Besides not like being Damian's "No man" made Beast Boy any more likable or compelling. He just came across as whiny, petty and stupid
    The fact that Damian came off competent and Nu Wally and Emiko didn't? It's pretty self explanatory. But at the same time, someone who says nu wally has been a disaster since day one obviously wouldn't understand what I'm talking about anyway. So it's no point in trying to talk about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    when your the books sell
    what do you do

no one checkin for red arrow anyway
    Seeing as we never had a solo series with Emiko or Wally, safe to say that's not a legitimate excuse. And this over reliance on anything batman related is what's killing the DC universe to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Seeing as we never had a solo series with Emiko or Wally, safe to say that's not a legitimate excuse. And this over reliance on anything batman related is what's killing the DC universe to begin with.
    I still wouldn't be surprised if David Walker is writing a Kid Flash book, although I'd be interested to see what he'd do with OG!Wally (who's needed a new solo for years).

Ok, just ended the TTSpecial.
    Liked: the premises of the Damian story, how Emiko shocked herself, Harley patting Wally on his chick.
    Not liked: we all know that Damian doesn't kill anymore, so all the part about the bodies, the blood and the gun was totally boring. I also dislike how Shado and Wally were depicted. I hate when the writers force a character to prove their point, and that's what I've seen in this issue.
    Hated: Wallace.

So, for the first time, I'm going to skip all the Titans titles.

Someone please can explain me what happened in Wallace story? I believed the woman blew out, but in the end it looks like she was killed by Harley.

The woman used her meta-human abilities to blow things up, was then taken in by the SS and killed by them. At least I understood the preview like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The woman used her meta-human abilities to blow things up, was then taken in by the SS and killed by them. At least I understood the preview like that.
    Ok, thanks!

Mosameen

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Ok, just ended the TTSpecial.
    Liked: the premises of the Damian story, how Emiko shocked herself, Harley patting Wally on his chick.
    Not liked: we all know that Damian doesn't kill anymore, so all the part about the bodies, the blood and the gun was totally boring. I also dislike how Shado and Wally were depicted. I hate when the writers force a character to prove their point, and that's what I've seen in this issue.
    Hated: Wallace.

So, for the first time, I'm going to skip all the Titans titles.

Someone please can explain me what happened in Wallace story? I believed the woman blew out, but in the end it looks like she was killed by Harley.
    As for Damian it's said that he built a prison under TT HQ which I guess we'll eventually see Black Mask there since in the issue they mentioned him getting out of prison on a technicality. So, if the system is broken Damian'll create his own prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    As for Damian it's said that he built a prison under TT HQ which I guess we'll eventually see Black Mask there since in the issue they mentioned him getting out of prison on a technicality. So, if the system is broken Damian'll create his own prison.
    Yeah, I'm fine with Damian using his own Justice. But it's not like someone could make me believe he is killing again, and I still hated to see that gun. What I'm saying is that, although I can like the idea behind this direction, I just don't like this way of writing. Try to shock the reader with something clearly unbelievable, using the characters for your own purpose, showing the adults be wrong just for give the teens a reason to do their way... Totally boring, imo.

My hopes are all in the TV show, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    DJinn will be the next member. Glass says she might be 8,000 years old, but she was enslaved for most of her life. She’s still a thirteen year old girl.

I saw her like a girl with 12 years but.. she has the same age that Damian.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-29-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    when your the books sell
    what do you do
    Understand what self control is.

Don't flood the market. Because while everyone will throw fits about unsold books from certain demos-they ignore that LARGER pile the "popular" person leaves.

And who says no one is checking for Red Arrow? Where is that evidence? No one was checking for Cyborg. Nor Carol Danvers. Yet how many failed books do they have combined?

No one was checking for Miles Morales, Faith (Valiant), Black Panther, Blade, Static, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones nor Guardians of the Galaxy. How did that work out? 8 movies, 5 tv shows and doing better than this franchise.

No one thought a book called Robin nor Batgirl could sell. Tim Drake & Cassandra Cain said HELLO.

No one thought Supergirl could sell-Hi Peter David.

A Green Lantern book not starring Hal selling? Hi Kyle, Jessica & Simon.

Nightwing in his own book? Who thought that could sell? A Flash book not starring Barry but Wally?

You don't know until you give it a try.

Spectacular Member

Breakdown of the first episode of TITANS (spoilers)

http://splashreport.com/exclusive-ti...ails-are-here/

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Breakdown of the first episode of TITANS (spoilers)

http://splashreport.com/exclusive-ti...ails-are-here/
    Okaaaaaaay. I see the folks in Hollywood are rocking a mix of Christopher Nolan and ASBAR-era Frank Miller. That’s ... unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Okaaaaaaay. I see the folks in Hollywood are rocking a mix of Christopher Nolan and ASBAR-era Frank Miller. That’s ... unfortunate.
    It seems like dark, gritty and bulky is the law in every aspect of DC...and with Young Justice in 2019, Ithink I just going to pass for now.