Page 1 of 671 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Default Titans Together! Teen Titans Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The greatest teen superhero team of all time Teen Titans have seen many iterations over the years (some of them more memorable than others).

What is your favorite character / team roster / creator / toy / era / element and why?

For me I think my favorite era would need to be Teen Titans volume 3 (2004-2011) by Geoff Johns and current Justice League United artist Mike McKone. It looked really fresh and clean and drew on the legacy aspect a lot between the team, their Titan predecessors and their mentors in the Justice League. I really loved that iteration of the logo as well!

I haven't been into comics for 15-20 years, and only occasionally bought random books on a whim. I truthfully didn't follow the titans before, but knew the basic history etc. I was always a Robin/Nightwing fan so I figured I'd look into them. Recently I've started collecting the 1980's New Teen Titans/Tales of Teen Titans run. It's just a fun book from a simpler time, haha! I enjoy the interaction and dialogue between team members and the classic story lines.

Favorite members: Robin/Nightwing and Changeling

Fingers crossed the new incarnation later this year is good (but I'm not holding my breath!)

Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans will always be the true Titans to me, but I really liked the Young Justice show and wish they would've went that way with the new 52 reboot. It was the best of all worlds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    I haven't been into comics for 15-20 years, and only occasionally bought random books on a whim. I truthfully didn't follow the titans before, but knew the basic history etc. I was always a Robin/Nightwing fan so I figured I'd look into them. Recently I've started collecting the 1980's New Teen Titans/Tales of Teen Titans run. It's just a fun book from a simpler time, haha! I enjoy the interaction and dialogue between team members and the classic story lines.

Favorite members: Robin/Nightwing and Changeling

Fingers crossed the new incarnation later this year is good (but I'm not holding my breath!)
    Wow 20 years of back issues! That's a lot of catching up I guess the Titans were pretty quiet in the 90's though weren't they? I think I vaguely remember Team Titans which I haven't been brave enough to read yet. The New Teen Titans series was excellent, those books have a really high quality feel to them also compared to other books of the time, I think they had better paper quality

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans will always be the true Titans to me, but I really liked the Young Justice show and wish they would've went that way with the new 52 reboot. It was the best of all worlds.
    I miss Young Justice too, what a great series! I'm still hoping that one day it gets picked up again (or a similar kind of series) by someone who can make it work without toy sales to keep it alive.

Great pics dupersuper!

Can anyone pick what this Titans picture by Cliff Chiang is an homage to?

i miss the sense of community that used to exist amongst the young heroes of the DCU. i know the New 52 was a reboot and required world building but i think it's time to establish the younger heroes as a larger family similar to Young Justice. i would also love to see Dick Grayson back as the leader of the next generation of heroes. being the best leader in the DCU was a huge part of Nightwing's character that has sadly been removed in the New 52. we live in a world where Jason Todd is a better leader than Dick Grayson. sad.

TITANS TOGETHER!

BANNED

Wonder Girl, for all the wrong reasons.

Looking forward to the reboot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Can anyone pick what this Titans picture by Cliff Chiang is an homage to? ;)

[IMG
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7390/13942013737_92ebb394d7_o.jpg[/IMG]

The breakfast club? ( had to look it up )

BANNED

One of the best teams of all time. I liked them better when they grew up though.

Wolfman and Perez will always be my favorite.

Time to kill the mood: I haven't read the New 52 Teen Titans, but I've heard absolutely nothing but awful things about it. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Wolfman and Perez will always be my favorite.

Time to kill the mood: I haven't read the New 52 Teen Titans, but I've heard absolutely nothing but awful things about it. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?

It's not as bad as people say it is. It's worth a read, people are just still salty about the new 52 that's all.

BANNED

No its worse then you can even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    The breakfast club? ( had to look it up )
    Correct! Classic 80's movie!

It's pretty bad, I'm hoping the upcoming series with new creative team can turn things around, it can happen (look at Green Arrow and Red Lanterns)

BANNED

Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?
    Lobdell is even worst news for the Teen Titans than Trigon.

Anyway, i loved that comic :

BANNED