Page 572 of 671 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 10059
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    So far i'm liking what im reading. I love the new characters. Djinn is my favorite.

Is that Gizmo? I forgot he existed
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm reading Wolfman's run, which im loving, and is Lilith still a god? Was it retconned or was it just simply ignored?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm reading Wolfman's run, which im loving, and is Lilith still a god? Was it retconned or was it just simply ignored?
    Retconned after Crisis I believe, as like Donna, her origin didn't make sense anymore.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Retconned away - or ignored, really, since there was no further reference to it later. Lilith ended up being the daughter of Loren Jupiter which as far as we know is still canon since the character in Rebirth hasn't been about the orphan origin.

Just read the preview. Glass should stick to writing teens without relying on slang, because most of the slang he uses is dated back in the late 90's and early 00's. But as much as I don't WANT to like it this looks kinda alright.
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 08-20-2018 at 06:12 AM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Just read the preview. Glass should stick to writing teens without relying on slang, because most of the slang he uses is dated back in the late 90's and early 00's. But as much as I don't WANT to like it this looks kinda alright.
    Yeah, probably my only real issue with the preview is how the Titans read exactly what a middle-aged adult thinks teens sound like.

Was searching through some LoSH books to read and I found out there was a crossover between my favorite Titans era and roster the Jurgens/Grayson Titans team and the LoSH. It's called Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes Universe Ablaze and I had no idea this thing existed, it has the beautiful artwork of Phil Jimenez that feels like returning home to me. Really cool story if anyone hasn't read it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Of the few things Abnett has done right, this picture works really well as part of the original team's iconography. Thought why is Robin's suit messed up? Where is the R and everything. Can't wait for the next Dick Robin redesign.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Dick's New 52 Robin costume kind of ruins that whole pic. Since it looks so out of place. I'm still amazed they cling to such a **** looking costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Retconned after Crisis I believe, as like Donna, her origin didn't make sense anymore.
    Can anyone explain why Donna's origin is so messed up. Are there a bunch of Donna superfans at DC headquarters that can't decide on one coherent story?
    Last edited by 9th.; 08-20-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Amazing Member

I love those six together! I hope to see Lilith, Wally, Garth, and Roy sometime during the new Titans run.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Can anyone explain why Donna's origin is so messed up. Are there a bunch of Donna superfans at DC headquarters that can't decide on one coherent story.
    A superfan would be able to make a coherent origin.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Can anyone explain why Donna's origin is so messed up. Are there a bunch of Donna superfans at DC headquarters that can't decide on one coherent story?
    It's most just because of reboots and trying to justify Donna's existence and her dubious connection (or lack there of) to the Wonder Woman franchise

I miss that classic red costume for Donna
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Mighty Member

So far i'm liking what im reading. I love the new characters. Djinn is my favorite.
    This new series has been fun so far. I try not to let the negativity effect me so much. It's not perfect but it doesn't have to be. Always love seeing new characters.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K