Page 429 of 671 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    It's a terrible idea to me. It would suck if they tie Nightwing's origen to Jason Todd in a Titan show, just like that you end with a Batman show. All Jason adds is angst and missery.

I'm still worried they would add Barbara and now Jason too? Pfff, super disappointing.
    I don't think it automatically makes it a Batman show but I imagine it will probably help explain why Dick moves on from being Robin to becoming Nightwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, it certainly does seem like they are gearing up for a set of intensely dark story lines, alright. That isn't my favored approach, so I also give an "Oh, fudgesticks!" to such news.

Having said that, however one feels about dark story lines or Jason Todd or any other character or tonal element, DC is in a bit of a bind, here. It's true they seem to be maneuvering to have something of a Batman show while being able to claim that it isn't a Batman show. They want to market this as Teen Titans, but there are some indications they may try to tie it to Gotham (the city and mythos, not the show) at the hip so as to cash in on their most popular properties.

But, like it or not, Gotham is Dick Grayson's background. If they truly try to to make the show accessible to new, naive viewers, they are going to have to do something like that, or else change the character's story in ways that many long-term fans would find unpalatable. And, like it or not, Batman is their most valuable property, and it just doesn't make any business sense to not try and make an obvious cash-in when you have the chance.

So, the Gotham stuff I can understand and go with, especially if they do it with a modicum of skill. Angst and blood and darkness, that is something else again.
    I doubt they are trying to make Titans into a Batman show anymore then featuring the Doom Patrol means they're trying to make it a Doom Patrol show.

They'll probably be Batman elements referenced or addressed, but that's because those are part of Dick's character as much as Azarath is to Raven, Tamaran to Kori, and the Doom Patrol is to Gar.

And I don't think including Jason automatically has to lead to a dark storyline. Sure, he might still end up dead for drama but that doesn't mean his entire role on the show is to make things darker ore more depressing.

BANNED

Um Kori isn't from Korugar, that's Sinestro's homeworld. I'm interested in seeing whether Deathstroke will be in it.

Yeah, Kori's homeworld is Tamaran.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Jason appeared in New Teen Titans, and we actually did see Dick react to and mourn him after his death, so I think this is actually great, imo.
    And it had nothing to do with Dick becoming Nightwing. For what I remember Dick wasn't even in Earth when Jason was with the NTT, they had 0 interaction, Batman din't have any influence. So it's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Um Kori isn't from Korugar, that's Sinestro's homeworld. I'm interested in seeing whether Deathstroke will be in it.
    D'oh .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    And it had nothing to do with Dick becoming Nightwing. For what I remember Dick wasn't even in Earth when Jason was with the NTT, they had 0 interaction, Batman din't have any influence. So it's pretty bad.
    Dick wasn't on Earth when Jason died, that's why when the Titans got back the first thing that happened was Danny telling Dick about it.

Ugh, why is DC letting Abnett **** all over the Titans only profitable characters. Like holy ****. It makes no damn sense. Wally is brushed aside, and Dick’s entire goddam characters is completely **** on. Not just physically but conceptually. And they even explain it for us as if we weren’t aware.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-14-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Like I've been saying, just give Abnett a Roy solo series. He is the only character he is interested in anyway.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ugh, why is DC letting Abnett **** all over the Titans only profitable characters. Like holy ****. It makes no damn sense. Wally is brushed aside, and Dick’s entire goddam characters is completely **** on. Not just physically but conceptually. And they even explain it for us as if we weren’t aware.
    Because they don't care. The only titan characters DC/WB cares about are the ones in the movie out in the theatres this summer and the tv series launching later this Autumn. They only care about Dick as robin, which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Like I've been saying, just give Abnett a Roy solo series. He is the only character he is interested in anyway.
    He doesn’t even write Roy well imo

So, Dick is going to be Robin on the show, what identity would Jason have? Another Robin? Red Hood having Dick as Robin? A little kid? Or Dick is going to be Nightwing after like 6 episodes?

Don't take me wrong, having Todd might be good but I don't know how he will be portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    So, Dick is going to be Robin on the show, what identity would Jason have? Another Robin? Red Hood having Dick as Robin? A little kid? Or Dick is going to be Nightwing after like 6 episodes?

Don't take me wrong, having Todd might be good but I don't know how he will be portrayed.
    I think Jason becoming Robin will be used as the impetus for Dick becoming Nightwing in this continuity.

On the bright side, we only have to bear two more issues of this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    On the bright side, we only have to bear two more issues of this garbage.
    On one hand, yes, on the other that means then there probably isn’t going to be any real redemption for Nightwing’s character in this run. Meaning they let Abnett dump on him just for the sake of dumping on him. Not that I trust that Abnett could ever redeem this portrayal or justify this kind of character dumping. And even worse, going forward with the Titans, Nightwing will probably still be there, and be part the face of it even, for whatever they do with the Titans next.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-14-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Fantastic Member

Good to know this run is finally ending, it's been disappointing from the very start. I'm hoping the titans gets a good writer this time around.

Possibly, editorial really doesn't care because Titans is winding down and they just want to get issues out on the shelves and move on to whatever comes after No Justice. Of course, the character description leaked from the casting call for the Titans series made the Grayson character sound very cold and calculating (think Dick of the Outsiders era), so perhaps they actually like this direction from Abnett. Scary thought, I know.

Anyway, maybe we only have a couple of issues to go. We will see if any news comes from Amazing Con this week and next week's solicits.