Page 655 of 671 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I don't mind either one. It's either going for the classy or the sexy vibe.
    What can you say, Donna looks good in anything .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a given.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well until this show started was dick i this universe ever a leader... we wont know until she does
    So we agree there’s nothing in the show atm that suggests she’d be a better leader than Dick? Good.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You got that right.

donna_troy__colors__by_fantasticmystery_d8wzr7n-fullview.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So we agree there’s nothing in the show atm that suggests she’d be a better leader than Dick? Good.
    What makes for a good leader? I'm not talking about assigned by the plot here, but in real life.

• Ability to listen. As shown in the gallery scene, Dick has little ability to listen to other people.
    • Deliberate action. A leader needs passion and decision ability. But they also need to understand that the best point to act might be in the future, and judge situations long-term.
    • Strategic ability. The ability to think long-term, and tied to the above. Donna had a plan to take down a huge part of the supply side of a crime on industrial scale. Dick nearly wrecked that with her desire to punch a bit player.
    • Dispassionate. Being both aware of their own feelings and not being controlled by them. Dick's pent-up anger is a big part of his current arc.

Now, Donna might have no desire to join the Titans, or act as leader. But on all these four qualities, she is far ahead of Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What makes for a good leader? I'm not talking about assigned by the plot here, but in real life.

• Ability to listen. As shown in the gallery scene, Dick has little ability to listen to other people.
    • Deliberate action. A leader needs passion and decision ability. But they also need to understand that the best point to act might be in the future, and judge situations long-term.
    • Strategic ability. The ability to think long-term, and tied to the above. Donna had a plan to take down a huge part of the supply side of a crime on industrial scale. Dick nearly wrecked that with her desire to punch a bit player.
    • Dispassionate. Being both aware of their own feelings and not being controlled by them. Dick's pent-up anger is a big part of his current arc.

Now, Donna might have no desire to join the Titans, or act as leader. But on all these four qualities, she is far ahead of Dick.
    Yeah Dick is going through some rage barely controlled rage issues right now. He can barely be Robin let alone lead a team.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Dicks character arc is actually why he wouldn’t be at risk. This isn’t real life but a TV show.

New Titans episode went a bit far. That stuff with coach, ehh I don’t know.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-07-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    New Titans episode went a bit far. That stuff with coach, ehh I don’t know.
    It certainly isn’t classic comics. However, it does explain Hank’s anger, and his history with his brother and Dawn nicely set up his need for personal connection. I understand your doubts, but given what they seem to be doing with the show I think it works.

I think that Dawn was rather shortchanged in the episode. Compared to Hank, her origin seemed rushed. Also, the “meet tragic” that brought them together felt forced. But as I think of it, I realize the suddenness and senselessness was the point of the whole thing, so I don’t know.

Further food for thought is that Don’s T-shirt is some evidence that Superman does exist in this universe. Given what we have seen of heroes so far in this world, one wonders what he is like (although last episode did seem to confirm that Diana, at least, is still significantly brighter and more positive than Bruce).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

You can not use how somebody acts with a person they’ve known for years to judge leadership ability, especially when we’ve never seen how they behave in a group. Is the potential there? Sure. But there’s no guarantee how well the qualities she’s demonstrated with dick will translate to a group setting. So until we see next weeks episode I can’t call her a good leader because I simply don’t know if she is one.

Oh man, what was that episode?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

More Donna goodness. This time using her lasso. Guess I'm going to have t check out this episode as well.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-donna-tro...rsuasion-clip/
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    More Donna goodness. This time using her lasso. Guess I'm going to have t check out this episode as well.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-donna-tro...rsuasion-clip/
    So happy to see the lasso being used. Hope the comics take the hint and start using the lasso instead of the sword and shield.

Kon93

With such a great reception to Donna Troy's portrayal the ppl in charge of this show would be fools to not make her a cast regular.

Course with a SB/Kon/Conner Kent as a regular also

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So happy to see the lasso being used. Hope the comics take the hint and start using the lasso instead of the sword and shield.
    I don’t think that’s a good idea. Donna imo needs to stat becoming more unique. She could very well benefit from her own signature weapon.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-09-2018 at 09:39 AM.