Page 629 of 671 FirstFirst ... 129529579619625626627628629630631632633639 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Enjoying it... I wouldn't go that far.
    Though I replied to your post I didn't mean to intimate that you enjoyed it. I was talking about several other posters who clearly did enjoy it, as I did. I hope you'll come to enjoy it as I hope it gets better as it goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Has anyone said that Raven will heal Dove?

If not,here,I just did,i thought it as soon as i saw her dying.
    That was my thought immediately as well. My first thought was "no way they'd kill her off in her first appearance." My second thought was "lucky there's a powerful empath who's been known to take away pain and injury" just upstairs.

But here's an article that should clear things up for Dove fans. Beware of spoilers....

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/20/...-fate-of-dove/

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I don't know what the normal age to make detective would be but IIRC there was mention of him making detective at an unusually early age. I think that was on the show and not in an interview but can't be sure.

Loved seeing so many more comments about it today. Thanks for the posts, y'all.
    I've been enjoying the show, too. Episode 2 really won me over, and I love the idea that Robin was told to stay from the "bad kids" but ran off to hang with them (and Donna) for four years. Unlike Raven, Kory, and Gar these guys are bonafide superheroes.
    I would actually love a Hawk and Dove spinoff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Has anyone said that Raven will heal Dove?

If not,here,I just did,i thought it as soon as i saw her dying.
    My first thought, too. But I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it so far. Especially the part where Hawk is shocked at how brutal Robin can be and calls him a psychopath.

Wasn't Raven kind of kidnapped by the creepy family after the Birds were all taken down?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Wasn't Raven kind of kidnapped by the creepy family after the Birds were all taken down?
    Yeah so she's gone for now. That family is the villain group the Nuclear Family, they were Outsiders villains with nuclear powers but are now some sleeper cell group in the show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I mean, this is Ryan Potter's mother. You can't really "whitewash" him when he's as much "white" as he's Asian.

He is obviously not Caucasian and is from japan
    but whatever makes you feel batter

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What is this? One drop of blood rule? He can be both White and Asian.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t see why somebody would be confused by that. I’m clearly talking about skin color, not ethnicity.
    Because you accidentally said white instead of saying light skinned east asian or in another case, half-white/half-asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    Because you accidentally said white instead of saying light skinned east asian or in another case, half-white/half-asian.
    The original question asked what color Beast Boy's skin was. Can you point to the color "Asian" on the color wheel for me?

They obviously weren't asking about the actor's race. They wanted to know if Beast Boy was green. What's the proper answer to that? Certainly not "yellow?" Cut the guy a break, it's no big deal.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    What is this? One drop of blood rule? He can be both White and Asian.
    Correct

I read that he had a Japanese father and a Jewish mother.
    He was raised in Tokyo, Japan, until returning to the United States when he was seven. He was raised by his single mother.
    I read that he goes by his mother's last name.

On forms, I check all what I am - Black, White, Native American, and Hispanic.

My ancestry:
    my father was Louisianian African American with Acadian (French in Nova Scotia and nearby areas) and English ancestry as well as a little Amerindian ancestry
    my maternal grandfather was Cape Verdean (paternal grandparents were immigrants), Puerto Rican (maternal grandfather was immigrant) Madeiran (maternal grandmother's parents were immigrants)
    my maternal grandmother's mother was the daughter of Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants parents from Romania and Latvia
    my maternal grandmother's father was of European American Colonial ancestry of English, German, Irish, Scottish, Swiss, Welsh, and Dutch

I always strongly disliked the one drop rule
    I acknowledge and embrace all of myself
    I don't let others pin me down

I think of White and Black as social constructs which reflect the ignorance of the diversity of Europeans and Africans

I had three stepsisters that were half Japanese.
    My stepfather was of SubSaharan African, European, Polynesian, and Amerindian ancestry. His second wife was Japanese.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-21-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

It's not about what makes me feel better, it's about you spewing nonsense. You can't "whitewash" someone who's partially white. If anything, you're insulting this dude's multicultural background when you try to pin him as only being part of one group.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-21-2018 at 11:52 AM.

There's an interview on TVLine that confirmed healing was in Rachel's remit but she's been abducted so who knows. The alternative would be to have Hawk and Doce, currently street level brawlers, because the agents of Chaos and Order. That would effectively heal Dawn from the fall and heal Hank's hip since their costumes heal them in that form.

Also, apparently they're considering introducing a gay Titan. One who is canonically gay. All the articles are spouting Bunker and he's definitely an option, but I personally think it'll be Jericho (I know he's bi but people often say gay or queer as a catch-all when they shouldn't). Simply because his powers are easier to animate.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    There's an interview on TVLine that confirmed healing was in Rachel's remit but she's been abducted so who knows. The alternative would be to have Hawk and Doce, currently street level brawlers, because the agents of Chaos and Order. That would effectively heal Dawn from the fall and heal Hank's hip since their costumes heal them in that form.

Also, apparently they're considering introducing a gay Titan. One who is canonically gay. All the articles are spouting Bunker and he's definitely an option, but I personally think it'll be Jericho (I know he's bi but people often say gay or queer as a catch-all when they shouldn't). Simply because his powers are easier to animate.
    Jericho would make sense, especially if Slade is supposed to be in season 2. If they do, I wonder how they’re gonna get around his inability to talk.

Ryan Potter is not from Japan. He's from Portland, OR.
    Granted, Japanese is his first language as he was raised there for seven years, but technically he's a biracial man born in America.