Page 614 of 671 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 10059
    Mighty Member

I'm more excited of the Titans tv than the Titans comics. Looks like I'll be watching more per month than reading.

Fantastic Member

I have not heard anything about the Titans since the relaunch is anyone here reading it? if so is it any better than it was before?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems the Deathstroke movie plans have stalled or been cancelled, so I guess that opens up him to be used on the show then.

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    So wait, if there's gonna be a new Young Justice title, why are we asuming that Teen Titans and Titans are gonna be over? I mean, sure, there's already a comic about teens (only TT, asuming Titans are adults or so) wny would Teen Titans, with a totally new team, disband to join YJ or other books? there can be 2 books about teenager superheroes, I guess.
    Because I think the new imprint is to house all their teen books and the existing Titans and Teen Titans aren't going to be part of that. Plus a teen team lead by a Robin with another teen team lead by Robin feels a bit repetitive. I'd just be surprised if the books last long into 2019.

BANNED

I hope Manu Bennet gets a crack at Slade again. That maybe the only good thing to come out of Berlanti producing this show.

And Badou I disagree on TT obviously and have presented a counter argument on the Nightwing thread. Titans on the other hand is going under definitely. Besides its actually 3 out of those 4 books that look like they'll struggle in a few months. The imprint isn't really that impressive.

Mighty Member

Titans will continue because it is the lead show of their streaming service. Titans is far more different from the two. Young Justice and Teen Titans would be fighting for that teen team title. I think Teen Titans will win. Young Justice isn't a strong brand in comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Seems the Deathstroke movie plans have stalled or been cancelled, so I guess that opens up him to be used on the show then.

Because I think the new imprint is to house all their teen books and the existing Titans and Teen Titans aren't going to be part of that. Plus a teen team lead by a Robin with another teen team lead by Robin feels a bit repetitive. I'd just be surprised if the books last long into 2019.
    Which is why I think Young Justice is doomed. It is against Teen Titans with Damian. The Young Justice most people like is the cartoon. There is no Wally, Dick, etc. Cartoon fans won't see it as the same.

Fantastic Member

Young justice is based on nostalgia and nostalgic stories or directions are very limited.

Damian teen titans is here to stay but I'm not so sure of the Titans.
    Last edited by Moonwix; 10-05-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Young justice is based on nostalgia and nostalgic stories or directions are very limited.

Damian teen titans is here to stay but I'm not so sure of the Titans.
    How is nostalgia limited? Barry and Hal were brought back out of nostalgia.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How is nostalgia limited? Barry and Hal were brought back out of nostalgia.
    Hal and Barry had decades of stories has the main flash and green lantern , Kyle and Wally were legacy characters, they were never going to last long term in those roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Hal and Barry had decades of stories has the main flash and green lantern , Kyle and Wally were legacy characters, they were never going to last long term in those roles.
    You do know Wally had a longer run as the Flash than Barry you know. Also Hal and Barry are both legacy characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

You do know Wally had a longer run as the Flash than Barry you know. Also Hal and Barry are both legacy characters.
    Fair point. But to DC, all characters from the silver age are pushed as the main.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    So wait, if there's gonna be a new Young Justice title, why are we asuming that Teen Titans and Titans are gonna be over? I mean, sure, there's already a comic about teens (only TT, asuming Titans are adults or so) wny would Teen Titans, with a totally new team, disband to join YJ or other books? there can be 2 books about teenager superheroes, I guess.
    TT might be over. I like the new cast but I don't see them being used in the long run, especially if Damian goes back to the Bat books. Titans will probably get a roster change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I have not heard anything about the Titans since the relaunch is anyone here reading it? if so is it any better than it was before?
    Its not as bad as it was but there's a lot to be desired.

BANNED

Did he? Their first volumes make them equals at 246 or so showings in solo runs and then Barry has about 130 or so since he returned and counting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    TT might be over. I like the new cast but I don't see them being used in the long run, especially if Damian goes back to the Bat books. Titans will probably get a roster change.
    I dont see them abandoning Teen Titans. As I explained they've got a Deathstroke crossover coming up. Secondly Damian moving back to the Bat books doesn't really mean the end of TT. If anything I think the TT might also move to the Bat office. It is afterall heavily reliant on Damian, has Jason Todd and will figure in to King's plans for Batman. Moreover TT is not a franchise that DC will keep on the sidelines for long. Even if Bendis hype hurts it to cancellation it'll return when the hype dies down.