Page 659 of 671 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I said this in another thread, I think Donna should have had the name Arsenal. As an Amazon she would know, or want to know how to use any and all weaponry. So the name, and abilities would work better for her than Roy. Let Roy be Red Arrow. It would also make her different from Diana and Cassie as Cassie would be too young and Diana from actually Themysicra.
    I feel that DC has been focusing too much on the warrior women angle of the Amazons for too long. The peace loving people (that can still kick your ass) feels like it's fallen by the way side. Red Sonja and Xena these characters should not be like.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not no can do. Tim and Conner are Robin and Superboy. But so are Damian and Jon. It's possible to have two Wonder Girls. The real reason Donna doesn't use the name now isn't Cassie's existence, it's her own age. The mantle that should end up being shared is that of Wonder Woman - which she DID use, VERY recently. Ben Rubel asked if Donna was Wonder Woman in Titans #25. She said she was.
    This seems more sarcastic than anything, doubly so with the tone change Abnett has given Donna.

BANNED

Just watched last week's Titans episode. I love Geoff Johns now. Great episode with Hawk and Dove!!!!!!!!

Donna could use a staff for battle like this fan art

https://www.deviantart.com/femmes-fa...file-680411901

Mighty Member

^^Wouldn't that be too close to Robin territory?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I feel that DC has been focusing too much on the warrior women angle of the Amazons for too long. The peace loving people (that can still kick your ass) feels like it's fallen by the way side. Red Sonja and Xena these characters should not be like.
    DC has no idea what to do with the Amazons. They're either a female utopia or an evil man-hating dystopia. This changes every run and sometimes multiple times in the same run.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Being an expert in all forms of weaponry would not make Donna anything like Red Sonja and Xena. Thats Kori anyway.
    Richard Alexander

I just wish they would ditch the whole weapon thing for both Wonder Woman and Donna Troy.

Why do they need them?

They're both pretty much invulnerable with super strength. That should be more than enough.

Aside from the magic lasso and bracelets, which are unique and iconic for both of them, anything else just seems as pointless and stupid as Superman wearing armor.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I just wish they would ditch the whole weapon thing for both Wonder Woman and Donna Troy.

Why do they need them?

They're both pretty much invulnerable with super strength. That should be more than enough.

Aside from the magic lasso and bracelets, which are unique and iconic for both of them, anything else just seems as pointless and stupid as Superman wearing armor.
    Wonder Woman got by without weapons for years and generally goes straight to fisticuffs more often then not, so I just really don't see what they add at this point (beyond visual consistency with the movie I guess).

And the sword was just a red herring in the movie in any case. Jenkins and Heinberg knew their Diana. The visuals from WW84 seems to dispense with the sword and shield as well.

BANNED

Why do they need them?

AND they can fly.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The staff actually works out really well - as long as she isn't on a team with Tim Drake. I remember those scenes from NTT where Donna and Kori trained together using bo staves on Themyscira.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why do they need them?

I agree. I hate the sword and shield. Their fist and lasso were enough and way better. Don't see the point in the Sword if DC is not going to show the chopping things up.

Abnett's Donna is a good example of how not to write the character I think. He wants to write her as some Amazon warrior where she runs around with a sword and a shield and yells a lot, and to try and set her apart from Diana he gives her a drinking problem, but it all falls flat. It makes her feel more like a knockoff the more they do it. It is like they don't understand what made Donna a good character and why people liked her in the first place. I don't mind a lasso that much, but the sword and shield are things I find problematic.

What set her apart from Diana was that she grew up an Amazon but she was also normal. She grew up with other kids with vastly different backgrounds, she went to school, she had a career, she got married, and even had a kid. Sure I didn't like who she married or giving her a kid, but they were all experiences that set her apart from Diana as a character. It grounds her in a way Diana can't be while also still maintaining some core principles that you expect from a Wonder Woman character. Like being the heart of the team and having these very strong bonds with its heroes. It is what the Titans show got so right with Donna in her short appearance in that she felt like a normal person who also was this hero that characters like Dick could rely on, and they didn't need to have her dress in some armor or run around in a sword and shield yelling like an Amazon warrior to compete with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    DC has no idea what to do with the Amazons. They're either a female utopia or an evil man-hating dystopia. This changes every run and sometimes multiple times in the same run.
    Remember when they were rapists and slavers? Who thought that was a good idea?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics