Page 650 of 671 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Funny. When i said something similar to the effect about Hotspot, people threw tantrums and got up in arms.
    And we still are, so what's the difference? This mind set refuses to let characters become more than just fodder.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why do you hate Gnarrk?
    Characters like Gnarrk make the Titans a mockery. His very presence confirms the Titans as a bottom tier team and brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    And Roy too?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-28-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

The only place the Titans will ever be together in is a mass grave these days.

Mighty Member

And we still are, so what's the difference? This mind set refuses to let characters become more than just fodder.
    You really do go up to bat for fictional characters, it's admiring to be honest. After reading Jurgens Teen Titans run, I grew fond of Hotspot but i wouldn't call myself a fan since i don't want to seem like a bandwagoner. Having a discussion with a few RESPECTFUL people in this thread changed my outlook on characters in general. I don't really see them as fodder anymore.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

You really do go up to bat for fictional characters, it's admiring to be honest. After reading Jurgens Teen Titans run, I grew fond of Hotspot but i wouldn't call myself a fan since i don't want to seem like a bandwagoner. Having a discussion with a few RESPECTFUL people in this thread changed my outlook on characters in general. I don't really see them as fodder anymore.
    These characters have been around before us and will be after us. Use them to create entertainment and stories that will stay with us. Constantly diminishing them limits the amount of stories out there and the possible effects they can give us as an audience. I want everyone to find enjoyment or appreciation for all the characters out there.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Man I'm going to miss you Protector. DC never really used you but you were still cool. And ironically his death is accidentally sort of another nail against Dick since Jason Hart's "canon" story was he led the Titans for a mission because Dick trained him.

Finally got my copy of Teen Titans from last week, adored it so much. Great issue.

Mighty Member

I actually liked Kid Devil and would have loved to see some adventures with as Red Devil. It's crazy because his mentor just came back. This is actually the first time I viewed Lagoon Boy as a layered character.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Astonishing Member

I think Kid Devil's is one of the odder deaths given he's a part of the current Raven book that's wrapping up, as a Nightforce potential member. So much for that.

Mighty Member

These characters have been around before us and will be after us. Use them to create entertainment and stories that will stay with us. Constantly diminishing them limits the amount of stories out there and the possible effects they can give us as an audience. I want everyone to find enjoyment or appreciation for all the characters out there.

I can't believe im agreeing with you on something. But you're right. You never know what a character can be capable of unless you try. Blue Devil, Vigilante (Adrian Chase), Firestorm, The Inferior Five, Jesse Quick and Crimson Fox are some of my favorite characters. Sure, they'll never be A-listers. But they deserve a chance.

BANNED

I can't believe im agreeing with you on something. But you're right. You never know what a character can be capable of unless you try. Blue Devil, Vigilante (Adrian Chase), Firestorm, The Inferior Five, Jesse Quick and Crimson Fox are some of my favorite characters. Sure, they'll never be A-listers. But they deserve a chance.
    I would LOVE the return of the Inferior Five.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Really happy to know it, and most of all that the previous disagreement ended leading you to get into Jurgens Teen Titans!

So... more Titans to the Death's list, why am I not surprised about this?

When I knew about Red Devil's return on Raven: Daughter of Darkness I was excited because I really liked him and now this...

Btw, I liked Titans #30, finally Donna is dealing with her issues and, well, everyone too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I think Kid Devil's is one of the odder deaths given he's a part of the current Raven book that's wrapping up, as a Nightforce potential member. So much for that.
    He was part of like four pages of Raven: Daughter of Darkness #8, and then he wasn't considered for their team:

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Characters like Gnarrk make the Titans a mockery. His very presence confirms the Titans as a bottom tier team and brand.
    In fairness, I think every franchise has some bottom tier characters in them. The Titans just has an exorbitant amount, which unfortunately makes them ideal cannon fodder. They also don't have many runs outside of the Silver Age, NTT and the Johns run that are highly regarded, and those all have bigger names as the focus. I think it'd be kinder to just leave them in limbo unmolested, but I also don't think a lot of these deaths are much of a loss in the grand scheme of things.

As for Roy, while I'm not much more fond of him than you are, I think he's a Titan that deserves better treatment than what this story might end up giving him (if it's not all reversed by the end). His death going hand in hand with Wally makes me believe that those deaths (and maybe ALL of them) will be undone by story's end. Ideally, they should have just let Roy retire and focus on being a single dad than killing both him and Lian off. It gets him out of the way so he's not taking up space when he's not needed, but leaves him on the table.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In fairness, I think every franchise has some bottom tier characters in them. The Titans just has an exorbitant amount, which unfortunately makes them ideal cannon fodder. They also don't have many runs outside of the Silver Age, NTT and the Johns run that are highly regarded, and those all have bigger names as the focus. I think it'd be kinder to just leave them in limbo unmolested, but I also don't think a lot of these deaths are much of a loss in the grand scheme of things.

As for Roy, while I'm not much more fond of him than you are, I think he's a Titan that deserves better treatment than what this story might end up giving him (if it's not all reversed by the end). His death going hand in hand with Wally makes me believe that those deaths (and maybe ALL of them) will be undone by story's end. Ideally, they should have just let Roy retire and focus on being a single dad than killing both him and Lian off. It gets him out of the way so he's not taking up space when he's not needed, but leaves him on the table.
    Man, I want Roy and Wally back REAL bad. But Kid Devil was a very likeable little character--no need to bump him off.

Astonishing Member

Well, that's the great thing about comics. If someone has a great idea for a dead character -- they can be resurrected. And third-tier characters always have potential to make it big in other media if there is a unique spin.