Page 580 of 671 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think this outfit is obviously not her costume. If they went out their way to give Robin and hell even Hawk and Dove their accurate costumes then I don't think Starfire is going to wear a fur coat into battle every time.
    Man I love those Hawk & Dove costumes. Not a fan of Dove slicing knee caps though.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

I think this outfit is obviously not her costume. If they went out their way to give Robin and hell even Hawk and Dove their accurate costumes then I don't think Starfire is going to wear a fur coat into battle every time.
    too bad the internet couldn't figure that out and and tortured the poor woman as if she put it together herself
    cant wait to see the reaction when she gets her actual uniform

The thing is though, I’m expecting most of them to be spending more time out of costume. She looks bad. Whether it’s her costume or not. And this is the image they are even promoting. That just doesn’t bold well to me.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-02-2018 at 02:12 PM.

It's been said she has a better look later on, but apparently they still don't want to reveal it yet...which is why they're stuck promoting her in that outfit.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Jonboy is an amazing and dynamic artist, I wish he could get a series. Bit yeah, as with everyone else, Donna needs to lose the shoulder pads and sword and shield. Donna has never been about offense, shes defense. I would live to see her moved back in that direction.
    She's gorgeous but you're right. Since Donna is back she's totally another character. I miss her peculiar goodheart, her sweetness and kindness.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's been said she has a better look later on, but apparently they still don't want to reveal it yet...which is why they're stuck promoting her in that outfit.
    I sure hope so.
    I just become a Starfire fan after watching the recent animated Teen Titan movies where she had great chemistry with Dick/Nightwing.
    I have also been reading the old issues of Teen Titans, and I totally like her now. I really liked her relationship with Dick.

The teen Titan cartoon was ok. Robin and Starfire are a cute,adorable pair in the show. The show did help increase the popularity of Dick/Kory pairing.
    I am hoping that this Teen Titans live action show will increase it far more.
    There is little room for mistakes with Starfire.
    I just feel like big mistakes are made that can lead to The Titans show not being successful and not help increase the popularity of Dick/Kory pairing.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    She's gorgeous but you're right. Since Donna is back she's totally another character. I miss her peculiar goodheart, her sweetness and kindness.
    This. All of this. Donna's new origin as a created-to-murder completely fights her 50+ years as the moral center and goodness of the Titans.
    Further, the fact that Rucka rebooted Diana's backstory with Rebirth, and yet DC decided to hold onto this horrible origin, defies description.

Since we've never seen the post-Rebirth of version of this origin depicted, I hold onto the slim hope that a smart writer could undo it.
    The Finch version doesn't work verbatim since Diana has never been able to return to Themiscira. So please let us find out it was also a lie and do away with it completely.
    All Donna ever needed to be was an adopted Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    This. All of this. Donna's new origin as a created-to-murder completely fights her 50+ years as the moral center and goodness of the Titans.
    Further, the fact that Rucka rebooted Diana's backstory with Rebirth, and yet DC decided to hold onto this horrible origin, defies description.

Since we've never seen the post-Rebirth of version of this origin depicted, I hold onto the slim hope that a smart writer could undo it.
    The Finch version doesn't work verbatim since Diana has never been able to return to Themiscira. So please let us find out it was also a lie and do away with it completely.
    All Donna ever needed to be was an adopted Amazon.
    The adopted Amazon I think fits Cassie more than Donna. I really prefer Donna as being Diana's actual sister.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The thing is though, I’m expecting most of them to be spending more time out of costume. She looks bad. Whether it’s her costume or not. And this is the image they are even promoting. That just doesn’t bold well to me.
    have you ever seen a girl on tv live actin wear the same thing everyday, and not on lazytown

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Man I love those Hawk & Dove costumes. Not a fan of Dove slicing knee caps though.
    Wonder if they'll explain that. Johns wrote about her before so I would assume he wouldn't make her so different than her comic book counterpart.

Wonder if they'll explain that. Johns wrote about her before so I would assume he wouldn't make her so different than her comic book counterpart.
    Yeah. I was looking forward to Titans, then I saw the overly grim dark trailer, with even Dove, the vaunted pacifist of the Teen Titans and the pair of Hawk and Dove, being rather brutal to people.

To say nothing of Dick Grayson stomping a guy's face in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. I was looking forward to Titans, then I saw the overly grim dark trailer, with even Dove, the vaunted pacifist of the Teen Titans and the pair of Hawk and Dove, being rather brutal to people.

To say nothing of Dick Grayson stomping a guy's face in.
    I think the idea that they can just judo toss eaver badguy and they stay down is a bit cartoonish. They immobilize the badguys they just doesnt kill. Someone like donnna and star they have enough strreght to push someone down where they wont get up. I am ready for the no killing dick and dont you dare stop me starfire thing back and forth

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think the idea that they can just judo toss eaver badguy and they stay down is a bit cartoonish. They immobilize the badguys they just doesnt kill. Someone like donnna and star they have enough strreght to push someone down where they wont get up. I am ready for the no killing dick and dont you dare stop me starfire thing back and forth
    I think it's probably realistic for what costumed vigilantes would probably act like in the real world, even if it seems out-of-the-norm for characters like Dick Grayson and Dove.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point they really should just spoil the surprise. Anna Diop is facing unjust backlash as well as racist attacks, and DC/WB is doing literally nothing to alleviate this. It just doesn't make sense to me, unless of course they don't have another outfit to show her in.

Mighty Member

I think Starfire is one of those characters that a lot of people misunderstand.
    They give too much of a sexual emphasis on her, and I think that it's because of her attire as a superhero.
    She has been referred to as a wholesome version of a prostitute.
    I have also seen a comment about her being a nympho.
    Of course, there are the slut names too.

What I gathered from the comics that I read

She was designed to be an outerspace version of Red Sonja.
    She's an alien warrior princess.
    She was also a slave for 6 years, and she went through horrible physical and emotional pain.
    She escaped from a slave ship and was recaptured, but the Teen Titans rescued her.
    On her planet Tamaran, people are barely dressed.
    Another thing...She's a solar-powered being.
    The Sun gives her strength and power.
    Her star-bolt power came from torturing experimentation by her slavemasters.

I think some people don't understand the character and just judge her by her appearance.
    There is a lot more to her than what she's wearing.

She is actually very smart along with being strong,tough,brave,fierce,loyal, deep,emotional,sensitive,caring,compassionate.
    Most of all, she is a survivor.
    What didn't kill her made her stronger.
    She has been shown to have an extreme resistance to physical pain and immense willpower.
    She had a lot of aggression in her because of her past as a slave and her training as a warrior.
    As a Tamaranian, she lives through her passions and emotions, and she helped Dick with those.

The Teen Titans cartoon doesn't touch on the traumatic,abusive past like the comics does.

Tales of the Teen Titans #4 is a comic issue about Kori/Starfire's past.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-03-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.