Page 251 of 671 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hey, who is Gnaark?
    If you're looking for something really recent, you could just read Titans Hunt.

Speaking of, I wonder how much longer we're going to have to wait for Abnett to bring up Mad Mod again?

BANNED

So here I was all set to comfortably drop the Titans books when the bombs that were today's solicits dropped.

The Titans solicit pissed me the Hell off, like, honestly making me mad. I'm not gonna hate read, but this better not be going where it looks like.

On the bright side, I now have incentive to keep reading Teen Titans! I've gotten over myself and Damian is back on my good side (Though not as much as he used to be), Jackson is still pretty cool and I continue to not care about the Wolfman Titans in the slightest...but screw all of them, Emiko Queen is joining up! It was only a matter of time with Percy writing both books, and I'm super excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So here I was all set to comfortably drop the Titans books when the bombs that were today's solicits dropped.

The Titans solicit pissed me the Hell off, like, honestly making me mad. I'm not gonna hate read, but this better not be going where it looks like.

On the bright side, I now have incentive to keep reading Teen Titans! I've gotten over myself and Damian is back on my good side (Though not as much as he used to be), Jackson is still pretty cool and I continue to not care about the Wolfman Titans in the slightest...but screw all of them, Emiko Queen is joining up! It was only a matter of time with Percy writing both books, and I'm super excited for this.
    I'm sticking with Teen Titans, too. Percy is doing okay and the art post-Lazarus Contract hasn't been half-bad. I'm content with this book and enjoy many things about it.

But I'm done with Titans until Abnett and Booth are gone. Vote with your wallets, folks.

Titans badly needs a new writer even more than they need a new artist. I'm stunned at how lame it's gotten.

Mighty Member

I agree Titans hasn't been as good since the Bumblebee arc ended, but people need to calm down about this solicitation. Wally will be back on his feet in the next issue or two. Abnett has the potential, he just needs to center his story better.

Looking forward to Emiko showing up (I just wish Percy hadn't aged her up so much that she and Damien aren't the same age), but I hope Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy get their arcs soon. Percy said all his arcs are going to focus on particular character, which I very much support. But I would rather the gang who's been here the whole time get their turn first than another newbie and Emiko gets plenty of focus in Green Arrow. Jackson and Damien are the two most fleshed out because those are the two that have had centric-arcs.

I don't like the solicit for Titans. Nuff said.

But OMG Teen Titans instead got me so excited! Can't wait for Emiko Queen! I remember TT just barely started and I already asked for Emiko and now it looks like my wish came true!

Ya, the TT cast is starting to really round out.

After looking at the upcoming Solicitations for October they should honestly start to rename Titans book to what it really is that the Wally and Friends book because yet again Wally gets another focus story while rest stand around in background doing nothing we be lucky if any others on this team get any focus and development.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    After looking at the upcoming Solicitations for October they should honestly start to rename Titans book to what it really is that the Wally and Friends book because yet again Wally gets another focus story while rest stand around in background doing nothing we be lucky if any others on this team get any focus and development.
    I mean, after October, I fully expect Dick to be out and Wally to be leader, so there is that

Just dropped Titans. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Manda-Panda View Post
    I mean, after October, I fully expect Dick to be out and Wally to be leader, so there is that
    It will probably be Donna.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I've never been an avid follower of the Teen Titans and my only real knowledge of them is from 80s Wolfman/Perez stories. I'm wanting to go back and start reading the series chronologically with the Omnibus that will be released (I've got the Silver Age and Bronze Age collections). What other stories would be important to track down that might be a part of any collected additions?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I've never been an avid follower of the Teen Titans and my only real knowledge of them is from 80s Wolfman/Perez stories. I'm wanting to go back and start reading the series chronologically with the Omnibus that will be released (I've got the Silver Age and Bronze Age collections). What other stories would be important to track down that might be a part of any collected additions?
    These haven't been released in trade, but their my favorites so I'll shill them whenever I can (Plus you can get them for super cheap):

Devin Grayson's Titans Vol. 1 (#1-#25): The definitive take on the Fab5, an excellent example of how to blend one-issue stories and long term story arcs, and gave further development to great characters like Argent, Damage and Jesse Quick. Without a doubt, the best the Titans franchise has to offer in my eyes.

Dan Jurgens Teen Titans Vol. 2 (1-24): The team everyone loves to bash, a teenage Ray Palmer leads a group of (At the time) all new characters: Joto, Argent, Risk and Prysm, with other characters joining up as the book went on. Its far from perfect, but the hate for this era is 100% unwarranted, and while not as good as Grayson's book, this is still my favorite run of any book with the Teen Titans.

Runs to avoid at all cost: Nearly everything from 2003 till 2016. It's almost all garbage, with the exception of Krul's run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    They just started rereleasing Johns's Teen Titans run, which is amazing for the first twenty plus issues, and then gets bogged down in prep for Infinite Crisis, which it never really recovers from. But it is definitely worth checking out overall.

I also agree about the Krul run. After reading so many crappy runs with ridiculous revolving doors of cast members, including some very uninteresting characters, it was nice to have a stable core team again with well-written characters and decent stories. Beautiful Nicola Scott art also really helped. It was unfortunately cut short by Flashpoint. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it was ever collected, and it most certainly is out of print if it was. Definitely worth checking out though.

BANNED

Titans: Wow... more Wally.
    Teen Titans: Welcome someone no one gives a **** about.

Mighty Member

Is Green Arrow really in any position to make demands on the Teen Titans. Sure he can ask if his little sis can join but to demand it, how is Damien gonna respond?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is Green Arrow really in any position to make demands on the Teen Titans. Sure he can ask if his little sis can join but to demand it, how is Damien gonna respond?
    NO... Oliver is not the man who put money for make the TT tower.. Is like see Aquaman(the king) trying to put Dolphin here.. Or WW(The princess) trying to put another Wondergirl.. NOBODY can decide this, only the team

Damian? Bad... Very bad..

Damian: YOU ARE NOT BATMAN.. YOU CANīT DECIDE THIS..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-18-2017 at 09:52 AM.