Page 628 of 671 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 10059
    Fantastic Member

No, I am signed up for DCU I am just waiting for there to be a few episodes of Titans so I can binge watch it all at once. I have heard good things about it from others who have watched it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think I must be the only one here that signed up for DCU.

I thought today's "Hawk and Dove" episode was better than the first episode.

I'm not crazy about the violence but I'm able to accept it as a choice and watch it for what it is, for what they're trying to do rather than how I'd rather they do it. Which I think is the only way to give any piece of art a fighting chance. And I didn't expect this series to be good though I was hoping against hope, especially for what it would mean for so many Titans characters from over the years if it were to run for a while.

I never in my life thought I'd see Hawk and Dove fighting in live action and I definitely never thought I'd see them doing it next to Robin. If I ever were to imagine live action Robin, Hawk, and Dove, I couldn't really imagine a more suitable cast. These three actors are all perfect in their roles and I'm sold on a Hawk and Dove spinoff on the strength of and chemistry between Minka Kelly and Alan Ritchson. If you can get past the really incredibly harsh violence (or can even enjoy it) the fights are really remarkable for TV. They did not skimp on the fights.

This series has a lot going for it, including a much higher RT score than I think anyone would have guessed, at 84%. And it seems to be getting better as it goes.

I would actually be really upset if the character that seems like they might be dead at the end of the second episode actually died. Good thing there's a really powerful empath upstairs that could maybe make the difference there. I do NOT want to lose that character!

But I sort of sense that not too many people here are watching. I've seen the thread in TV and Film but there's really not much there either. Am I looking in the wrong places or is there just not much chatter?
    Yeah. Dove is supposed to be the peaceful one. But here, she hurt more people than Hawk did. Outside of the action, yeah. She was fine.

But, Dick... Yeesh.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm not crazy about the violence but I'm able to accept it as a choice and watch it for what it is, for what they're trying to do rather than how I'd rather they do it. Which I think is the only way to give any piece of art a fighting chance. And I didn't expect this series to be good though I was hoping against hope, especially for what it would mean for so many Titans characters from over the years if it were to run for a while.

I never in my life thought I'd see Hawk and Dove fighting in live action and I definitely never thought I'd see them doing it next to Robin. If I ever were to imagine live action Robin, Hawk, and Dove, I couldn't really imagine a more suitable cast. These three actors are all perfect in their roles and I'm sold on a Hawk and Dove spinoff on the strength of and chemistry between Minka Kelly and Alan Ritchson. If you can get past the really incredibly harsh violence (or can even enjoy it) the fights are really remarkable for TV. They did not skimp on the fights.

This series has a lot going for it, including a much higher RT score than I think anyone would have guessed, at 84%. And it seems to be getting better as it goes.

I would actually be really upset if the character that seems like they might be dead at the end of the second episode actually died. Good thing there's a really powerful empath upstairs that could maybe make the difference there. I do NOT want to lose that character!

But I sort of sense that not too many people here are watching. I've seen the thread in TV and Film but there's really not much there either. Am I looking in the wrong places or is there just not much chatter?
    I sadly don't have the service yet I need a job

Ya, I’m digging Titans. Yes its violet and edgy, but that’s actually growing on me. I mean this sure isn’t a CW show. But at the same time there’s interesting characters arcs going on, with violence being part of that, and it’s cool to see costumes and a world where superhero’s isn’t a new concept.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-19-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, I’m digging Titans. Yes its violet and edgy, but that’s actually growing on me. I mean this sure isn’t a CW show. But at the same time there’s interesting characters arcs going on, with violence being part of that, and it’s cool to see costumes and a world where superhero’s isn’t a new concept.
    Titans has been awesome so far. I think ultimately they made a good choice making it more adult. I find the characters have a great deal of depth and complexity. I liked the 1st episode but episode 2 really won me over.

Every time Hawk & Dove were onscreen I loved it. Love that there is some acknowledgment of a possible maybe sort of team way before the show started. Honestly looking at the phone contacts was the best part of the episode.

spoilers:
    If Dawn is dead I'm gonna be pissed. She is my favorite character so far. Dick while my favorite in literally everything I'm waiting for him to cool down and become more like the Dick we all know and love.
    end of spoilers
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Djinn- The ancient, wise, but slightly naive member of the team.
    Crush- The muscle. And being Lobo's daughter, of all people, certainly opens a lot of possibilities.
    Roundhouse- Kid genius, nerd, and has a well-balanced family that may or may not know of his heroic antics.
    They can't not know about his powers considering the blue skin. Heck, maybe he got them in the same incident that killed his sister?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

how old is Robin/Grayson in the live action show? As I understand it, he's a police detective now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how old is Robin/Grayson in the live action show? As I understand it, he's a police detective now?
    They haven't given an exact age. I''m guessing mid or late twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They can't not know about his powers considering the blue skin. Heck, maybe he got them in the same incident that killed his sister?
    I think that his powers could come from the suit he is wearing (he is a super genious after all) and the blue skin is a secondary effect or something like that. We'll just have to wait and see to learn more about his origins. He and Djinn are my favorites of the team, and at first I feared that Crush would be a copy paste of Lobo (which I don't like a lot), but I'm liking her too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The most interesting thing about the violence in this episode was how the show definitely established that Dick (and presumably Bruce) were a lot less brutal four years ago, and that the escalation in brutality is a new enough thing, and that it's what caused Dick to break from Batman even though he intially accepted whatever argument made them get more brutal. I mean, four years ago, Hawk could smirk and call himself and Dove "the bad kids" and now he just stares stunned at how Robin fights and mutters a small curse about how brutal it is.

*If* they have a long term plan and good execution points for the brutality and bloodiness of Batman and Robin in the current day of the show, they could make it work really really well.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They haven't given an exact age. I''m guessing mid or late twenties.
    I don't know what the normal age to make detective would be but IIRC there was mention of him making detective at an unusually early age. I think that was on the show and not in an interview but can't be sure.

Loved seeing so many more comments about it today. Thanks for the posts, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. Dove is supposed to be the peaceful one. But here, she hurt more people than Hawk did. Outside of the action, yeah. She was fine.

But, Dick... Yeesh.
    Yes, absolutely. But at least now we have some in-story reasons and the over-the-top violence is no longer just for its own sake. It's addressed as early as this second episode and that was eye-opening to me.

I loved that Dove--and especially Hawk, who is usually the one that goes too far himself this way--were freaked out by Robin's brutality on the show because it gave us an in-show reason for the incredible violence when many of us (me included) had thought it was just an attempt to stand out and be "edgy."

They made it clear, pretty early on, that this is not the norm in this world but that Robin really has gone over the edge. Hawk was freaked out enough by Robin's violence that he called him a psychopath.

This gives me a lot of hope for the future of the series because, as it was with the first looks at the characters that were so poorly received, there's an in-story reason for a major thing that everyone just assumed DC got wrong or went too far with in the interest of being "edgy." WRT the first looks, the in-story explanation makes so much sense. Robin, Hawk, and Dove are the only ones that look like they do in the comics because they're the only established heroes at the beginning of the series. And the three of them look amazing.

WRT the brutality and violence the in-story reason is that Dick Grayson has "changed" sufficiently to have become rather a monster. But again, where I'd thought this was just an attempt to make him a "badass," it's not normal or appreciated in the world of the show. It upsets other heroes as much as it does fans.

And I loved that Robin demonstrated self-awareness by telling Dove more than once that he's changed, with the clear implication being the change is not for the better, and that she saw it as plain as day when they fought together and was upset by it, as did/was Hawk.

I'm enjoying the show so much more than I'd thought I would. I'm such a fan of the characters that it would have been deeply disappointing if the show had been as bad as many of us feared it would be. I think it's going to keep getting better.

Great to see others here are enjoying it!

Yes, absolutely. But at least now we have some in-story reasons and the over-the-top violence is no longer just for its own sake. It's addressed as early as this second episode and that was eye-opening to me.

I loved that Dove--and especially Hawk, who is usually the one that goes too far himself this way--were freaked out by Robin's brutality on the show because it gave us an in-show reason for the incredible violence when many of us (me included) had thought it was just an attempt to stand out and be "edgy."

They made it clear, pretty early on, that this is not the norm in this world but that Robin really has gone over the edge. Hawk was freaked out enough by Robin's violence that he called him a psychopath.

This gives me a lot of hope for the future of the series because, as it was with the first looks at the characters that were so poorly received, there's an in-story reason for a major thing that everyone just assumed DC got wrong or went too far with in the interest of being "edgy." WRT the first looks, the in-story explanation makes so much sense. Robin, Hawk, and Dove are the only ones that look like they do in the comics because they're the only established heroes at the beginning of the series. And the three of them look amazing.

WRT the brutality and violence the in-story reason is that Dick Grayson has "changed" sufficiently to have become rather a monster. But again, where I'd thought this was just an attempt to make him a "badass," it's not normal or appreciated in the world of the show. It upsets other heroes as much as it does fans.

And I loved that Robin demonstrated self-awareness by telling Dove more than once that he's changed, with the clear implication being the change is not for the better, and that she saw it as plain as day when they fought together and was upset by it, as did/was Hawk.

I'm enjoying the show so much more than I'd thought I would. I'm such a fan of the characters that it would have been deeply disappointing if the show had been as bad as many of us feared it would be. I think it's going to keep getting better.

Great to see others here are enjoying it!
    Enjoying it... I wouldn't go that far.

Kon93

Has anyone said that Raven will heal Dove?

If not,here,I just did,i thought it as soon as i saw her dying.