Page 630 of 671 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 10059
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Jericho would make sense, especially if Slade is supposed to be in season 2. If they do, I wonder how they’re gonna get around his inability to talk.

Sign language with subtitles will be enough. They can take many ideas from A Quiet Place.
    Last edited by Krivus; 10-21-2018 at 07:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The Nuclear Family clearly answers to some organization, though I've actually figured we might have multiple organizations after Raven; some want to kill her like the guy in the pilot, there's probably a Trigon cult after her to unleash her dark side, and I wouldn't be surprise if someone else just wants to use her power for themselves.

Overall, this was a much more focused episode that showed how the show can go full superhero-genre when focusing on Robin or his fellow vigilantes. It's not nearly as horror-style as the pilot, and the episode features a lot more conventional superhero storytelling, including some clear lore delivered by exposition.

This episode's lore about Batman and Robin getting more brutal is why I'm getting my buddy to watch the first two episodes for out first impressions review on our podcast. I already made a Recap/Reaction/Review video:

I'm still really, *really* hoping they have a good plan for Batman and Robin's brutality; I see potential if they do it right, but it's risky.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    I'm excited that Garth is in here but why does Abnett write him like Thor. "Have at thee!!".

Nm. It's Abnett so of course.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

i'm skipping titans until kyle will appear

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Loved the second episode.
    I always found Hawk and Dove's costumes hilarious in comics, and in movies is even more.
    All that feathers and goggles are not plausible, they look like a carnival costume for children.
    Anyway characters are gorgeous, especially Dawn, and seems that they have long term plans for this series.
    Violence is a factor in this but seems to have a reason that'll be explained later.
    I'm hooked, for the first time by a DC TV series and I'm happy about it.

Donna Troy on the phonebook list was excellent!

Meanwhile, CBR is reporting Chris McKay as saying that the Nightwing movie is still on, but people will have to "wait." Make of that what you will. I am wondering if they aren't waiting to see how the first season of Titans goes over. Brenton Thwaites already has quite a bit of movie experience, and so do some of the rest of the cast. If Robin transforms into Nightwing at the end of the season, as some are speculating, they might transition Thwaites directly into a Nightwing movie, or else transform the Nightwing movie into a Titans movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Meanwhile, CBR is reporting Chris McKay as saying that the Nightwing movie is still on, but people will have to "wait." Make of that what you will. I am wondering if they aren't waiting to see how the first season of Titans goes over. Brenton Thwaites already has quite a bit of movie experience, and so do some of the rest of the cast. If Robin transforms into Nightwing at the end of the season, as some are speculating, they might transition Thwaites directly into a Nightwing movie, or else transform the Nightwing movie into a Titans movie.
    I was honestly starting to wonder what was going on with McKay these days .

But I don't see Thwaites as destined to be movie Nightwing. I don't think they'll merge the movie and TV sides like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was honestly starting to wonder what was going on with McKay these days .

But I don't see Thwaites as destined to be movie Nightwing. I don't think they'll merge the movie and TV sides like that.
    He said a while back that Nightwing was still going to happen but it's just on hold. I thought we already knew this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Im kinda lost as to who's supposed to be the Titans leader right now, sometimes it seems like It's Donna and sometime's it seems like it's M'gann.

I expect Kyle will end up leader though both of those two have issues that don't make them ideal at the moment.

Mighty Member

I liked Garth in this. I remember him not doing much of anything when he was on the team before.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I enjoyed this issue. Titans' book is getting better, in my opinion.

Pirate Gar is a good Gar.

I have a question, though, there's no mention about Wally's death? Donna even says his name but she doesn't say nor actknowledge his 'supposed' death, though she knows about Dick's accident and Roy's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Im kinda lost as to who's supposed to be the Titans leader right now, sometimes it seems like It's Donna and sometime's it seems like it's M'gann.

I expect Kyle will end up leader though both of those two have issues that don't make them ideal at the moment.
    They still haven't think about Nightwing being out of the team, it's still their leader, that's why they ask themselves what Dick would do. Donna should be the next leader, I mean, she knows about all the bad stuff that's happening but she says they need to start asking themselves what they would do instead of what Dick would do. She knows what a Titan is supposed to do and be, meanwhile M'gann is the new member, it shouldn't be her the next leader.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    I enjoyed this issue. Titans' book is getting better, in my opinion.

Pirate Gar is a good Gar.

I have a question, though, there's no mention about Wally's death? Donna even says his name but she doesn't say nor actknowledge his 'supposed' death, though she knows about Dick's accident and Roy's death.

They still haven't think about Nightwing being out of the team, it's still their leader, that's why they ask themselves what Dick would do. Donna should be the next leader, I mean, she knows about all the bad stuff that's happening but she says they need to start asking themselves what they would do instead of what Dick would do. She knows what a Titan is supposed to do and be, meanwhile M'gann is the new member, it shouldn't be her the next leader.
    Either Donna doesn't know about Wally's death(which implies that the JL are covering it up for some reason)or Wally isn't actually dead.

This issue of Titans was good too, it also helped to set up the next arc in a good way. I wasn't very fond of the art to be honest (practically everybody had the same faces in my opinion) but the writing was good.

Spectacular Member

Titans 31.