Page 653 of 671 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I watched the recent episode of Titans. I like the Dick/Donna scenes. Kory came to Earth to kill Raven. That definitely didn't happen in the comics. Kory came to Earth in the process of escaping from slavery. Raven advised the Titans to rescue Kory after she was captured.
    I think TV Kory was sent to kill Raven because Trigon destroyed or laid waste to Tamaran at some point in the past.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think TV Kory was sent to kill Raven because Trigon destroyed or laid waste to Tamaran at some point in the past.
    I agree with you
    I wasn't surprised about Kory coming to Earth to kill Raven
    After seeing how much she was searching for Raven, I actually expected something like this
    It just seemed obvious
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

"Dick is her best friend and her brother and if anything, Donna is protective of her little brother. That's all I'll say," Leslie told ComicBook.com "I think we know from the comics Kory and Donna have such an incredible friendship and we'll see where that goes in our show. I think what it is is that there's a lot of material on these characters that are established, and we have to get them to that place."

"Our first season I think is being spent, almost adding a back story. It's almost like our season [created] a scenario to get us and our characters to the place we know them as. That's why everyone's not suited up on day one," Leslie said. "That's why not every romantic interest is easy, play-by-play [from] the comics, cause its 2018 and you have to get them there. So Donna and Kory interact and we'll see that, but it's not a triangle. Dick is her best friend, brother, and Kory is the girl he's currently seeing. It's that story."

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/30/...love-triangle/
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Every time the show focuses on literally anything other than the main Raven plot the show is great.

Can these guest episodes be the main focus?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kind of a slower episode, but I loved everything with Donna Troy.
    She's such an easy to like character, it's a wonder how the comics keep getting her wrong.

Unfortunately, it seems like we're going to wait two weeks to see the resolution of this episode's cliffhanger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Every time the show focuses on literally anything other than the main Raven plot the show is great.

Agreed and it doesn't help that Raven, Kory and Beast Boy look atrocious compared to everything else. It was jarring to go from Dick & Donna (or Jason) to a bunch of people with bad wigs.

It was refreshing to actually see a good take on Donna. The show nailed it too with Dick and her, made it seem so effortless. Which is really something that shouldn’t be so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It was refreshing to actually see a good take on Donna. The show nailed it too with Dick and her, made it seem so effortless. Which is really something that shouldn’t be so hard.
    That's because it's not hard, we have seen good Donna Troy. NTT, Grayson's run, TT:YO, Return of Donna Troy, I could go on. I have no idea what the hell DC has been doing with her for the past 7-8 years.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Also, the actress playing the role of Donna is gorgeous and her acting was good (though that part with her jumping was... idk a little forced lol)

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    Also, the actress playing the role of Donna is gorgeous and her acting was good (though that part with her jumping was... idk a little forced lol)
    The CG in this show looks pretty bad for everyone except Beast Boy. Dick swinging from the tree was easily the worst, he looked like a rubbery PS2 character.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The CG in this show looks pretty bad for everyone except Beast Boy. Dick swinging from the tree was easily the worst, he looked like a rubbery PS2 character.
    I disagree. I think the only time that the CG looks good is when Starfire is using her powers, tbh
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Heh. This. So much this. I find myself bored with all of the episodes intended to further the season arc. The best episodes of the season were the prior Hawk and Dove episode and this one, featuring Donna. I'm excited for next week because it'll be another tangent episode.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Lol. I agree. Starfire, Beast boy and Raven blow in this show. If they made it just about Dick, Donna, Hawk and Dove and even Jason it would be so much better.

Also is it ever day time in this show? I guess they are still suffering from the Zack Snyder constant dark mode.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. I agree. Starfire, Beast boy and Raven blow in this show. If they made it just about Dick, Donna, Hawk and Dove and even Jason it would be so much better.

Also is it ever day time in this show? I guess they are still suffering from the Zack Snyder constant dark mode.
    It's either night or grey.

Finally caught up in the Titans show since I wanted to see Donna and it was worth it. She was great. I'm amazed that in 2018 someone actually remembered what made Donna a good character with all the crap she has been through. The dynamic between her and Dick was perfect. These two characters are the cornerstone heart and soul pieces of the Titans franchise and to see them nail their dynamic so easily was genuinely enjoyable to see. It goes beyond just friendship and there is supposed to be a real deep love between the two. Where Donna is probably the character Dick is closest to out of anyone in the DCU. It is amazing how in 1 episode the Titans show did what Abnett has failed to do in nearly 40 issues of his Titans run going all the way back to Titans Hunt in not getting Donna and Dick's characters or their relationship.

Overall I think the show is good. They have done a very good job with Dick's character despite me not liking a few specific things, but those are minor compared to all the good they have done with him. It surpassed my expectations. I don't really mind the violence with him and it fits for what they are trying to do. I think characters like Starfire and Raven kind of are up and down, it is tough to get a good feel for their characters or story lines sometimes, and Beast Boy has been about what I expected from him. Donna was great and I hope she becomes a main cast member next season, and I was honestly surprised with how much I liked Hawk and Dove. I never cared for their comic counterparts, but I liked them here on the show.

Jason I think was a pretty good adaptation for what they did, but given how much buzz and attention his episode had I wouldn't be surprised if people at DC/WB see the analytics and could give Jason a Robin show on the DC Universe service and follow that until his transition to Red Hood. It wouldn't surprise me. I think the biggest problem with the show is probably the villains right now but maybe in season 2 they can do a better job with them as they might have access to more characters.