Page 654 of 671 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 10059

I had been hesitant about this show due to the grimdark attitude they gave Dick Grayson, but I heard good things about this episode so I took a look. Generally, I liked it. The grimdark aspect appeared to be a way to (a) critique the character of Batman, (b) start Dick Grayson in a crappy place that he wants to leave but doesn't know how.

I also liked the portrayal of Donna Troy, especially given her big-sister dynamic with Dick. Only trouble is that the way her character is set up, she is more qualified to step into the role as team leader than Dick: she's not only smarter, older, and prettier, she's far more grounded and better trained as well, with actual superpowers. So if they add her to the team, Dick is at risk of becoming a fifth wheel within it.

It was also a nice touch that Donna acted as a journalist, sort of like a Superman who had decided he could do more good as Clark Kent only.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t see Donna being anymore qualified to lead the team than Dick.

She may be smarter, older, prettier and have superpowers but none of that means she’d be a good leader. We haven’t even seen anything that resembles real leadership like qualities from her yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

She may be smarter, older, prettier and have superpowers but none of that means she’d be a good leader. We haven’t even seen anything that resembles real leadership like qualities from her yet.
    Agreed. She just helps out her socially awkward brother. Which is different than leading a team of misfits, to say the least.

Extraordinary Member

within the show? She already more ration and in control of her emotion then dick is
    and she always been second in command of the fab 5 when together anyway

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    within the show? She already more ration and in control of her emotion then dick is
    and she always been second in command of the fab 5 when together anyway
    ... so? That doesn’t change the fact that we’ve yet to see her in a leadership position in the show nor does her being well adjusted to post retired life tell us anything about how she can preform in that kind of role.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans will always be the true Titans to me, but I really liked the Young Justice show and wish they would've went that way with the new 52 reboot. It was the best of all worlds.
    Late to the party, but yeah, my thoughts mirror RONIN on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Late to the party, but yeah, my thoughts mirror RONIN on this one.
    Seeing that, I could get behind it. It may not be Titans Tower, but Mount Justice ended up serving a similar role by the second season. Only thing I would add, would have been some more of the original Teen Titans and NTT as well. That way, you still get a new beginning, but you don't take away from already established characters.

Plus, Greg Weisman is a great world builder. He did it in Young Justice, Spiderman (don't remember which version), and Gargoyles (he had the whole thing planned out, to the point where Elisa and Goliath adopt a child and raise the kid as their own, even a redemption arc for Demona, for example).

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Still hyped, and surprised frankly, that we got a good version of Donna on the last episode.

d3khjbd-9b3db1c6-d809-4037-95c8-ffe7597928a6.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Still hyped, and surprised frankly, that we got a good version of Donna on the last episode.

Didn't she say she say she still has her red suit? Maybe she will "graduate" into the star field suit in future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

I love this costume but I always prefer the turtleneck style version more. I feel like the exposed cleavage is a negative on this design.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Just finished the episode...
    And I'm happy!
    I can't believe, best Donna portrait since 10 years! so DC knows how to depict Donna! Why are they struggling in doing it in comics?
    I hope she'll stay in the team as an offical member.
    Wally and Vic are missing tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Seeing that, I could get behind it. It may not be Titans Tower, but Mount Justice ended up serving a similar role by the second season. Only thing I would add, would have been some more of the original Teen Titans and NTT as well. That way, you still get a new beginning, but you don't take away from already established characters.

Plus, Greg Weisman is a great world builder. He did it in Young Justice, Spiderman (don't remember which version), and Gargoyles (he had the whole thing planned out, to the point where Elisa and Goliath adopt a child and raise the kid as their own, even a redemption arc for Demona, for example).
    Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I love this costume but I always prefer the turtleneck style version more. I feel like the exposed cleavage is a negative on this design.
    I don't mind either one. It's either going for the classy or the sexy vibe.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Just finished the episode...
    And I'm happy!
    I can't believe, best Donna portrait since 10 years! so DC knows how to depict Donna! Why are they struggling in doing it in comics?
    I hope she'll stay in the team as an offical member.
    Wally and Vic are missing tho...
    I feel the exact same way. I agree with all you wrote but I especially agree Donna's gone missing in the comics (I mean any Donna that feels like the Donna we all know and love) but is ideal in the TV series. This is a Donna Troy I feel like we haven't seen since Wolfman/Perez. And I LOVE that Donna Troy. The series is knocking it out of the park with the guest spots (Hawk, Dove, Doom Patrol, Jason Todd, Donna Troy) and I want to see as many guests as possible.

The main story has been sort of hit and miss for me, though I love a lot about it, but the episodes with special guests have been almost unassailable to me.

I strongly agree about adding Donna to the team. That would be heavenly. Cyborg is apparently on his way in Doom Patrol if not Titans but I'm dying to see Wally show up here. Roy and Garth too.

Extraordinary Member

... so? That doesn’t change the fact that we’ve yet to see her in a leadership position in the show nor does her being well adjusted to post retired life tell us anything about how she can preform in that kind of role.
    Well until this show started was dick i this universe ever a leader... we wont know until she does