Page 537 of 671 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 10059
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    Percy said that Gar was there to be the comic part of the series and from the beginning he made him say that he is not someone that think about his life, one of his main features. He also used many of his worst features of NTT and his utility in the team was almost nule. Seeing him get a little development now (and hopefully see him mature) is an improvement.
    Personally, I'm less concerned about what the creator said and more about what I see on the page. His portrayal in Percy's run never really bothered me. It wasn't close to the best I've seen, but it was inoffensive. This is just not really a direction I'm interested in for the character, but we'll see. I'll keep reading.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Spectacular Member

It's a matter of taste, I'm not saying that this address is going to be good but it seems more interesting than the previous one that is nonexistent.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    It's a matter of taste, I'm not saying that this address is going to be good but it seems more interesting than the previous one that is nonexistent.
    Oh no. I completely understand. Definitely not against your viewpoint. Just wanted to get a better idea of it and voice my own. Definitely a matter of opinion.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

This roster needs a rebel to call out the JL about their hypocrisy and remind Dick that he's a grown man.Everyone on the team seems content to act as yes men to the JL.

I agree with the doubt: what happened that now Raven is distant with BB? They keep breaking my heart lol I didn't like how Raven treated Gar on this special and I'm a fan of the 2003 show, where their relationship was somehow like this but she never looked at Gar with disgust before but hopefully their relationship go better in the future with all this "I can't control this" and hopefully with that comes an "I'll help you with that, Gar" haha

Now Donna's an alcoholic? It's official the "babysitting"? Dick still wants the League's approval? :/

Oh and I think that Raven's new hair looks good imo

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I figured as much that this would have a complete lack of explanation as to why the previous teams split, and I'm definitely not a fan of the term "babysitter" with Miss Martian. Just makes me not want to read JL more and more. Thankfully Damian's team is gonna be doing their own thing, and Nightwing just needs to grow his b**** back.

BANNED

Beast boy is more like Beast over at Marvel,but has the big teeth like the cartoon.i like that atleast he looks and kinda acted older,the guy keeps getting de aged,it's about time for a lil growth.

Can Donna even get drunk?

Natasha is badass here, everything about her here is SUPER lol.

Ms martian is a lil older,which I like,very capable,also what I like,but still can't pick up on common things like how ppl would feel about being babysat.

I saw someone suggest that maybe Roundhouse could be Colouan, but I don't think so ...isn't he the wrong color; plus in the preview it referred to him as a human wrecking ball so he's just a blue human ...or he could be lying.

I hope the special hints at every character's potential storyline, hell, I hope we get to meet the noob recruits and get down to the team dynamics in #20

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    He could always start in horror movies and work his way up to stardom.
    This is actually a good suggestion for Gar, and the only thing I can say is Gar would get pigeonholed in a scary movie franchise b/c of his specific look.

In all seriousness, I hope Gar can somehow become more humanoid looking, I hope they just randomly change up Raven's look, I hope Donna is a not a black hole of sadness, I hope Meg becomes more than some babysitter who gets in tifs with Dick about the direction of the team, but I may be asking too much.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Well I just read the Titans Special...

spoilers:

Well I won't talk again how Dick is badly written at the beginning and go straight to the point.

It's basically the old Outsiders but Donna is Dick and Dick is Roy...

Donna's going alcoholic because she think she broke the team ???
    And I have to believe that Roy, of all characters in the DC Universe, who is in love with her and have been through the addiction she is in wouldn't help her ? Well ****, I was willing to try but that will be without me.

The only good point is the new Donna's outfit who is really cool.
    end of spoilers
    Interesting, where can I read it?

Quote Originally Posted by t_bone View Post
    Interesting, where can I read it?
    Well you can buy it physically in a comicshop or you can buy it on Comixology, where you can read it online.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Well you can buy it physically in a comicshop or you can buy it on Comixology, where you can read it online.
    Thanks a lot

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I hope the special hints at every character's potential storyline, hell, I hope we get to meet the noob recruits and get down to the team dynamics in #20
    It should go similar to how we saw with Titans special. Annual giving time to introduce them all, and pick up with #20.

Astonishing Member

This roster needs a rebel to call out the JL about their hypocrisy and remind Dick that he's a grown man.Everyone on the team seems content to act as yes men to the JL.
    I mean that's kinda the spirit in the Titans of the first place. The sidekicks who rebelled and did their own thing. They definitely shouldn't take the grief the JL is putting on them when they aren't 100% in the right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    I agree with the doubt: what happened that now Raven is distant with BB? They keep breaking my heart lol I didn't like how Raven treated Gar on this special and I'm a fan of the 2003 show, where their relationship was somehow like this but she never looked at Gar with disgust before but hopefully their relationship go better in the future with all this "I can't control this" and hopefully with that comes an "I'll help you with that, Gar" haha

Now Donna's an alcoholic? It's official the "babysitting"? Dick still wants the League's approval? :/

Oh and I think that Raven's new hair looks good imo
    I have no idea. Its really bizarre that Raven is disgusted by Gar considering that her father is a demon...

I have no idea. Its really bizarre that Raven is disgusted by Gar considering that her father is a demon...
    I had the exact same thought.