Page 571 of 671 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I know I've seen this before and I could almost swear it was in a comic book and not as a commission. I could be wrong.

Does anyone else have that impulse lately to search on things that one could never "search on?" This is sort of a poor example but when I can't find my phone or my car keys or something my first impulse now is to "search on" them as though I was googling them to find out where they were.

I have the same impulse here. I wish there were a mechanism to search on this image because I think it's from a comic and I badly want to re-read that comic. I'm probably wrong.

Surprised this is Ross. Rare to see him pencil and ink. Beautiful work though. Thanks for sharing.
    This art is from a pitched mini-series by Alex Ross featuring Batman’s son that included the Titans all grown up as the Justice League, you can see the history about it here.

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-513/

A weird concept, Batboy and all, but it's like Dick and Damian before Morrison.

I know I've seen this before and I could almost swear it was in a comic book and not as a commission. I could be wrong.

Does anyone else have that impulse lately to search on things that one could never "search on?" This is sort of a poor example but when I can't find my phone or my car keys or something my first impulse now is to "search on" them as though I was googling them to find out where they were.

I have the same impulse here. I wish there were a mechanism to search on this image because I think it's from a comic and I badly want to re-read that comic. I'm probably wrong.

Surprised this is Ross. Rare to see him pencil and ink. Beautiful work though. Thanks for sharing.
    Well I did some searching and found an article about the picture and a really cool version that Alex colored differently. Apparently it was for a pitch of a mini-series about the Titans growing into the Justice League.

Article - https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-513/

Alex Ross Colored Version -

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This art is from a pitched mini-series by Alex Ross featuring Batman’s son that included the Titans all grown up as the Justice League, you can see the history about it here.

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-513/

A weird concept, Batboy and all, but it's like Dick and Damian before Morrison.
    I didn't see your post and I found the same stuff.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Great detective work, everyone. I appreciate your efforts.

And while I would've liked to have seen this Titans story done, I'm glad they went with Justice instead. Justice remains one of my favorite stories in the last 20 years of DC comics.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

And while I would've liked to have seen this Titans story done, I'm glad they went with Justice instead. Justice remains one of my favorite stories in the last 20 years of DC comics.
    That goes double for me. I knew I'd seen it somewhere! And now I only wish I could read this comic. Why would DC pass on any Alex Ross pitch? This looks awesome to me. Goatee and all.

Extraordinary Member

That goes double for me. I knew I'd seen it somewhere! And now I only wish I could read this comic. Why would DC pass on any Alex Ross pitch? This looks awesome to me. Goatee and all.
    That's a head-scratcher to me as well about rejecting a Ross project. And how awesome to have something drawn by Ross instead of painted? Don't get me wrong, I love his paintings. But from the sketch, he can pencil pretty amazing too.

It's not too late. Get him to do it now. Goodness knows DC could use some interesting stories right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Dick is supposed to have never stopped being Robin in this concept, and Roy is Red Arrow, not Speedy.
    Then why does he have an S logo?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Dick is supposed to have never stopped being Robin in this concept, and Roy is Red Arrow, not Speedy.

Batwoman is Babs.
    I would have prefered that way but I don't think so. His belt buckle is clearly an S symbol.
    I als wouldn't mindo to see this story see print, though I'd prefer the focus on the adult TTs and not on "Batboy" and "Superlad" (who is in the background of the cover sketch for the article's proposed mini).

Peace

Justice is also a personal favorite of mine, if the other story this story was made instead I bet it would easily be the same quality. Hope one day it or a version of it gets made.

Astonishing Member

Justice was just okay, IMHO. Good idea and artwork, but the story never quite grabbed me. That said, I would like to see this Batboy and Teen Titans as the Justice League story get revisited. Ross may no longer have interest, but it would definitely be a treat for older readers. And can we finally get Donna Troy back on red and gold. That black and silver outfit just isn't her.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Justice was just okay, IMHO. Good idea and artwork, but the story never quite grabbed me. That said, I would like to see this Batboy and Teen Titans as the Justice League story get revisited. Ross may no longer have interest, but it would definitely be a treat for older readers. And can we finally get Donna Troy back on red and gold. That black and silver outfit just isn't her.
    Her black and silver starfield costume is perfect, the weird armor isn't Donna at all.

Spectacular Member

Just look this big happy family.

RCO130.jpg

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    At least I know roundhouse can talk.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Alex is killing it. Variant Cover to #22

tumblr_pdmhnb9EFk1sj55el_540.jpg