Page 664 of 671 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    ...is simply a nod to her heritage and the heritage and origins of the Amazons themselves (who were Ancient Grecian warrior females themselves) and nothing more than that to me.
    Note that the Amazons were not Greek in the (very few and sparse) sources we have. Apparently the Greeks thought of them as Scythians or Sarmatians, which to them were the catch-all terms for the peoples central Asian peoples they primarily encountered on the north and east coasts of the Black Sea.

Apparently the warrior women held a fascination for the Ancient Greek psyche, because they were a popular subject in myth and especially art. Note that many of those earlier sources depicted them with trousers, likely because horseback riding was much more important in Central Asia than in Greece.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Heck, speaking of Roy he basically never showed up in the Wolfman/Perez era, either.
    No, he showed up a few times as well. He was a major part of that Runaways arc for one thing. But yeah, Lillith was there more.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Needs more Lilith...
    Agreed.

Ironically enough, I never really cared for Lilith until Abnetts run. He wrote her pretty well.

At least one thing came out of his terrible run.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The adult Titans as they should always be (although I'd prefer Raven wearing her white cloak at that point in her life).

If DC weren't so hung up on keeping Vic with the JL, this should always be the go-to lineup if they feel the urge to do an adult Titans revival at all. Quit screwing around DC (provided they actually have fresh ideas and aren't JUST coasting along on nostalgia).

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Heck, speaking of Roy he basically never showed up in the Wolfman/Perez era, either.
    he showed up a semi-decent amount I feel for a non-regular. There was the Runaways arc and the second Brotherhood of Evil arc, plus Donna's wedding. I definitely feel like he and Garth got pretty good representation, at least compared to how Claremont tended to ignore Angel and Iceman over in X-Men.

Lilith I enjoyed as their semi-civilian psychic ally, who had a cool origin hook by being the daughter of Thia. Too bad COIE screwed that direction up.
    Also, the discount Raven thing she has going on as Omen always seemed really lame. I like her just wearing normal clothes without a codename.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The adult Titans as they should always be (although I'd prefer Raven wearing her white cloak at that point in her life).

If DC weren't so hung up on keeping Vic with the JL, this should always be the go-to lineup if they feel the urge to do an adult Titans revival at all. Quit screwing around DC (provided they actually have fresh ideas and aren't JUST coasting along on nostalgia).

he showed up a semi-decent amount I feel for a non-regular. There was the Runaways arc and the second Brotherhood of Evil arc, plus Donna's wedding. I definitely feel like he and Garth got pretty good representation, at least compared to how Claremont tended to ignore Angel and Iceman over in X-Men.

Lilith I enjoyed as their semi-civilian psychic ally, who had a cool origin hook by being the daughter of Thia. Too bad COIE screwed that direction up.
    Also, the discount Raven thing she has going on as Omen always seemed really lame. I like her just wearing normal clothes without a codename.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, he showed up a few times as well. He was a major part of that Runaways arc for one thing. But yeah, Lillith was there more.
    I know he has some appearances but an arc and a half over the course of 150 or so comics ain't much. My only real point was that that clearly isn't meant to be an NTT homage if Roy and Garth are in it while Lilith isn't. It's just the fab five + the core perez/wolfman additions.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Note that the Amazons were not Greek in the (very few and sparse) sources we have. Apparently the Greeks thought of them as Scythians or Sarmatians, which to them were the catch-all terms for the peoples central Asian peoples they primarily encountered on the north and east coasts of the Black Sea.

Apparently the warrior women held a fascination for the Ancient Greek psyche, because they were a popular subject in myth and especially art. Note that many of those earlier sources depicted them with trousers, likely because horseback riding was much more important in Central Asia than in Greece.

Thank you. I knew some but not all of this, so I do appreciate the added information. Always good to learn something new.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed. I just liked her as Lilith as well.

Thank you. I knew some but not all of this, so I do appreciate the added information. Always good to learn something new.
    No problem! And looking at these clothes can give inspiration to Donna's costume. The Amazon on the urn has stars on her tunic, and patterned pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I also remember him springing a kiss on both Donna and Kori in the same story, I think .

All-New Member

Living in the UK don't get Titan's until January (on Netflix), managed to watch on binge watch it on the "sly" just now. Loving it. Raven and Dick are fuckin awesome. A little disappointed with Trigon's appearance. He could have been a bit more "devilish".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also remember him springing a kiss on both Donna and Kori in the same story, I think .
    I always emember Roy from this era from the drug PSAs and his team-up with Nightwing to find Cheshire and discovers Lian.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wasn't that in the Nightwing stories in Action Comics Weekly?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wasn't that in the Nightwing stories in Action Comics Weekly?
    I think so, I have it in trade form.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think so, I have it in trade form.

Yeah that looks like the one. I've only read it in bits and pieces but it was pretty good from what I read.

Yeah that looks like the one. I've only read it in bits and pieces but it was pretty good from what I read.
    No one really talks about it and it's a shame. Great story for both Dick and Roy, the only time I see people reference it is when Dick shoots Cheshire but neglect the fact that it's a tranq gun.