Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
Wolfman and Perez will always be my favorite.

Time to kill the mood: I haven't read the New 52 Teen Titans, but I've heard absolutely nothing but awful things about it. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is?
Several individual issues and a few arcs are okay to good, but the series has some serious execution problems when viewed holistically, and somehow the combination of editorial and Lobdell's new ideas wound up kind of declaring war on the existence of the YJ4. Having said that, if you accept any of these suppositions, you should be okay:

1) You should not be overly fond of the old Young Justice characters to enjoy this series. Lobdell started off writing the series as a continuation, but again, at some point it kind of became hostile towards the old stroylines and personalities of the characters. If you want to read this series exclusively for Red Robin, Bart Allen, Conner Kent, or Cassie Sandsmark, you will probably find at least one deal breaking scene every few issues.

2) If you don't really like 1990's style X-Men, you also want to avoid this book. The entire series is extremely reminiscent of the period, with the last issue's summation resembling a pastiche (if you're positive) or a parody (if you're negative). There are dozens of subplots and fantastical ideas here, some of which get dropped pretty quickly thanks to the pacing of the series, which doesn't leave a lot of breathing room. It's also somewhat predictable half the time and then insanely irrational the next, so yeah, 1990's X-Men.

3) If you don't like old school writing styles, stay away. It took a while to develop, but the series went from a pretty modern, if somewhat cheesy style, to extremely retro. In particular, the series felt like a throwback when Fabian Nicieza, brought in as a scripter in the first year of the book, left and thought balloons, omniscient and adjective addicted narration boxes, and expository dialogue became the norm. Characters begin explaining what they're doing in painful detail while described in edgy narration to give flavor. It reads an awful lot like the type of comic-style people mock now.

It's not all bad, though. Bunker's pretty cool, and the issues with FabNic helping out read much better and seem to float on two professional creators over the rest of the series.